Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will

Apr 10, 2019, 7:14 PM

Announce May 5th!

Come on to Tigertown DJ!
?? 5-star QB recruit DJ Uiagalelei will announce college decision May 5; he just visited Clemson and will visit Oregon

https://247sports.com/Article/Five-Star-QB-DJ-Uiagalelei-sets-commitment-date-will-visit-Oregon-in-two-weeks-131091528/

via cbssportsapp.com

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will

Apr 10, 2019, 7:15 PM

I’ll believe it if DHood or DJ confirms it, else bah!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 7:22 PM

DJ told DHood he's going to commit on that day. "Most likely" was his response if I remember correctly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 7:19 PM

Confirmed then called out fake news now confirmed again my head is spinning!

Apr 10, 2019, 7:25 PM

If he already knows when he is going to commit BEFORE he goes to Oregon, I would think his mind is already made up. You’d think he would see how that visit went first and then take some time to think about it. If he knows now when he will commit it seems to me that he knows that whatever happens at Oregon will not change his mind. Guess it’s us or them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 7:38 PM

Some kids give coaches the respect of telling them that they appreciate everything they've done in recruiting them and then tell them what their decision is. Like Cade Mayes did to us unfortunately.

Apr 10, 2019, 7:40 PM

I'd love to have him as a Tiger, but I really think with our depth at Clemson he will go elsewhere

Not this time. He will be a Tiger. You don't bring the

Apr 10, 2019, 7:45 PM

family for a 5 day recruiting visit to show Mom Clemson and not commit to Clemson. BTW, Mom loved Clemson too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will ]

Kinda like Trevor Lawrence did when we had a very deep QB room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 7:58 PM

I could be very wrong and hope I am... but TL was a different story with only KB really in front instead of what he is looking at in front of him... If he does then we will have another transfer for qb in Phommachanh which was the 8th rated pocket passer in the country.

Apr 10, 2019, 8:40 PM

Everyone else transferred out once Trevor got on campus. Trevor was never afraid of competition he was ready to come in with a stack quarterback room and win the job over.

you are most likely wrong***

Apr 10, 2019, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will ]

You had the number 1 QB recruit in the country with Johnson and a top 100 player and #### good QB Brice on campus.

Doesn’t matter to elite prospects like TLaw and DJU. DJ will be a Tiger.

Apr 10, 2019, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will ]

I hope DJ is on the same level as TL but I just don't know. TL is the best qb to come out of high school in my lifetime from my pov. So it is a bit of a different situation.

By all accounts DJ is on the same level

Apr 11, 2019, 8:09 AM

You got to keep it in perspective that Lawrence is probably the best high school QB most of the recruiting analyst have seen but DJ is right there. You can go back 10 years and there are only 3 QB's that were consensus top 5 players in the country, Lawrence, Fields and DJ.

Re: By all accounts DJ is on the same level

Apr 11, 2019, 9:54 AM

Well Fields was not on the same level as TL so I'm not sure what that could mean. I hope DJ is every bit as good if not better than TL but that is highly unlikely. From what we saw in the spring game it is not gonna be easy for DJ to come in and take the job from TP. That said it wasn't easy for TL to take the job from KB. It isn't easy at any D1 school to earn the starting job so idk how much that plays a factor into his decision.

Apr 10, 2019, 7:52 PM

He is coming to Clemson, one year learning from TL then 2-3 years tearing it up for the Tigers

Apr 10, 2019, 8:00 PM

I would love to have DJ join us but does it make sense that he will sit behind TL for the next 1-2 years? He is an incredible talent and seems to have the right make-up to be a success at Clemson but in today's world of QBs transferring, like Fields, are we asking too much?

100% want him as a Tiger but I don't see him beating out TL so then he, the best QB prospect available, will hold the clipboard or come in for mop-up duty as Fields did at UGA?

I don't see that happening and he has to understand this, so how does this work?

Apr 10, 2019, 8:26 PM

He will sit behind TL for one year only and will get plenty of playing time while honing his trade. Then he will have 2-3 years to show off before going to the NFL.

He already knows the situation with the depth chart and wouldn't be making the visits if he had any concerns.

Apr 10, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: CBS SPORTS just confirmed DJ will ]

DJ will have to be the backup QB for at least one year if he comes to Clemson,,,,,,but he knows he can/will win national championships at Clemson,,,,,,and that will never happen at Oregon....... that makes it easy for him to make the decision to come to Clemson........ he also wants to play for Dabo and loves Clemson.....Go Tigers!!

As long as he commits to Clemson, I don’t

Apr 10, 2019, 8:07 PM

care which day it is! Let the kid enjoy this time in his life! Great kid and great family!

Apr 10, 2019, 8:18 PM

He starts in 2020 at Eugene. Barring injury to TL, he starts at Clemson in 2021.

Apr 10, 2019, 8:30 PM

He wins National Championships in 2020-22 at Clemson. He does not at Oregon...does not even sniff playoffs.

Apr 10, 2019, 9:15 PM

On pins and needles. Thanks for the update!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2019, 9:26 PM

My biggest concern with DJ is the MLB Draft. Does anyone know his current projections? I believe I previously heard he could be a high pick which could lure him away from college football. We did everything we could to fight Oregon but fighting huge baseball contracts is a tough prospect.

Apr 10, 2019, 9:36 PM

Shouldn’t be a concern. I asked @dhood if any of the reporters asked him how his visit w the baseball team went. He spent time with them and said in an interview last year that wherever he goes, he plans on playing baseball too.

Haven’t received any response. One of his biggest heroes is marriotta and he has never mentioned mlb like that other recruit did... although a lot of pics he’s in is wearing the redsox or white sox hat- whichever it is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

psssst . . . (it's a White Sox hat above)

Apr 10, 2019, 11:04 PM

haven't a clue why though . . .

I read the replies...

Apr 11, 2019, 7:49 AM

.... since nobody else has said it:

May the fourth be with us!

GO TIGERS!!!

(.... and come on to Tigertown DJ!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Clemson de Mayo ***

Apr 11, 2019, 8:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic