Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things That Suck
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Things That Suck

Jun 24, 2014, 12:02 PM

Here's one: sitting in the vet's office with a 15 year old cocker spaniel that I despise with every fiber of my being, whilst 19She is out of town. Here are other things that suck: "do you mind taking the day off and driving to West Ashley to get an ultrasound and spend a shitload (more) money on this dog since I won't be back until tonight?"

I suppose the good news though is that I realized I'm only about 93-95% cold heartless ba$####, as I've spent at least several minutes of the past 4 days feeling mildly bad for him, and I took him to the vet today without 19She asking. If he does on my watch without me taking him to the vet, I may never have ##### again. With her, anyway.

The list of Things That Suck will likely grow by a few entries today. Stay by your computers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will there be some level of paypack for your kindness?***

Jun 24, 2014, 12:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what else sucks?

Being compared to one of the biggest turds to ever post on TNet. So there's that. :)

Just kill the dog and have TOTE1 work up a fake invoice

from the vet for death by rectal trauma.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson cops, left lane drivers, politicians, shared apts

Jun 24, 2014, 12:05 PM

But seriously, how long are y'all expecting this dog to live? I don't think I could think of a bigger waste of money than ultrasounds on a 15 year old dog.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ultrasounds ona 16 year old dog?***

Jun 24, 2014, 12:06 PM

Next year...if it makes it.

Jun 24, 2014, 12:08 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think after the age of 13 or so, it's all equally wasteful

Jun 24, 2014, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Ultrasounds ona 16 year old dog?*** ]

If you want an animal to grow old with, get a parrot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't throw a bar mitzvah for your dogs?***

Jun 24, 2014, 12:09 PM

My dog is German, I don't think he'd appreciate that.***

Jun 24, 2014, 12:12 PM

Just take him to the taxidermist already.

Jun 24, 2014, 12:07 PM

Great news, hon! We can keep fido forever!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

I'd be HAPPY to mount your dog sir

Jun 24, 2014, 12:10 PM

~CornyMcFaardvark68

there comes a time in every dogs life

Jun 24, 2014, 12:14 PM

that you have to decide "is it financially worth it?"

Unless the dog passes of natural causes in its sleep, there will at some point be a discusssion with the vet about cost vs. quality of life.

the dog is 15. Do you spend $1500 to extend the life for one year? What quality of life would that be?

I loved my Lab. A real dog mind you. Not a COCKer Spaniel. My god it has #### right there in the name.

But She got sick. REAL SICK We determined that it was probably liver cancer. But the test to confirm was $1500. Then treatment was another couple thousand. She was 12, and I had to make the decision to let her go. And I loved her.

shoot that dog between the eyes.

You don't have 19B kind of money.

Jun 24, 2014, 12:15 PM

He doesn't make financial decisions like that.

Re: came in expecting soccer***

Jun 24, 2014, 12:15 PM

So Not your wife is what I'm gathering from this...***

Jun 24, 2014, 12:17 PM

especially if the dog dies on your watch...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Have the vet put it down.

Jun 24, 2014, 12:18 PM

Slip him another bill to make it look natural.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think that is bad? So I amazingly

Jun 24, 2014, 12:27 PM

have to scheduled viewings today. They are probably just some of you playing jokes with the help of realator friends down here. Anyway, I had to go ahead and get my clothes for tonight so I would not be around while the buyers are there. I LEFT MY SOCKS OUT IN THE HOUSE SOME PLACE! All hope is lost now. Nobody will put an offer on a house that has socks all about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic