Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson baseball under Jack Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,518

Clemson baseball under Jack Leggett

Mar 20, 2015, 12:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're saying he's a program changer?***

Mar 20, 2015, 12:27 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, you're saying he's a program changer?***

Mar 20, 2015, 1:25 PM

Well I would think that if the percentage win/loss graph is correct, you would have to believe that Jack has changed our program a lot since when coach Wilhelm was the Clemson Head Coach. But it was from good to absolute bad. If the graph is indeed correct, there is only one observation to be made, Jack is killing the program that coach Wilhelm left him with. You would also have to believe, if Jack wouldn't have ever had Corbin and O'Sullivan as assistants, and would have had Pepicelli the whole time that he became our HC, Jack would have been fired years ago. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a pretty fair assessment. More than fair.***

Mar 20, 2015, 3:26 PM

Yes...

Mar 20, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to So, you're saying he's a program changer?*** ]

but not in the sense that you mean.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Clemson is no country for old men***

Mar 20, 2015, 3:29 PM

It's time to put legget out of his (and our) misery***

Mar 20, 2015, 1:23 PM

nm

I believe we at an impasse!

Mar 20, 2015, 2:58 PM

I have been a Jack Leggett supporter because I trusted Bill Wilhelm, he endorsed and kind of groomed Jack, so the natural progression was that direction. I was good with that because he seemed to recruit top notch players like Koch, Benson and Khalil Greene probably the most talented player we ever had. The first sign Jack was suspect in coaching decisions probably was when we had Koch and Benson go 60-8 in the regular season, go to Omaha as the #1 Seed, lose two and finish 60-10. I believe because he had those great assistants on his staff, they covered his weaknesses. And every coach has weaknesses and if you can be honest and know what those are, go out and hire someone that is stronger in that area for you!

Danny Ford did it, Dabo has been smart enough to do that and with the losses of great assistants Jack has not replaced them with the same caliber of coach, Pepicelli is a nice guy, but our pitchers do not have marked improvement. I compare him to Rick Stockstill in football, he was a great recruiter and average coach, that is why he has bounced around since he left Tigertown.

The problem is can we find a top notch replacement? I do not think we are a step up from Florida and even Vanderbilt!

It is time to consider some options!!!

Pretty much speaks for itself******

Mar 20, 2015, 3:28 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,518
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic