Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson baseball and the coaching staff.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,563

Clemson baseball and the coaching staff.

Jun 5, 2014, 3:46 PM

I think that if Jack was going to be fired, we would have heard something from Dan Radakovich by now. It could be to soon, but I don't think so b/c D Rad has already made the one statement, (I will be speaking with Jack in the next few days to talk about the path ahead for our program) and not a word as of yet. I heard on the radio while I was out working in my garden this morning. That Jack was out on the recruiting trail. IMHO, I think that Jack and D Rad have already had that talk. And I think that Jack has thrown Pepicelli under the bus to save his own A$S for another season. "If" this turns out to be the case, I believe it will be a mistake that will cost us even more time getting our Baseball team headed back in the right direction. Jack is to old, to up tight, and to square for the young guys in this day and time. We need IMHO, new young blood heading up our Baseball program. Again, to be totally honest, I was really hoping that Radakovich was going to let Jack go. And that he had already spoke with and offered Monte Lee and maybe his staff a deal that they couldn't refuse. I think that with new blood as with Monte Lee, our Baseball program could be back at the CWS a lot sooner than Jack could get us back, if he ever does. But with Jack out recruiting, I have a sick gut feeling that he will be back next season continuing running our once Elite baseball program further into the ground. I know there is still a lot of our fans pulling for Jack. And if they still believe in Jack, It has to be b/c they hate change. But when its broken, and our BB program is broken. You have to change things to fix it. We have all seen this same movie played out with other programs in every sport with coaches that have been with a school a many of years and lose their program and never return them back to where they were. I hate it, but I don't think that Jack will ever get us back to the CWS ever again. The statistics tell the truth, and the truth is what Leggett fans don't want to see, don't want to hear, and they don't want to believe. But our baseball program has been in a slow down fall ever since Jack Leggett has taken over for Bill Wilhelm. If it wasn't for some good assistant hires that now have programs of their own. Our BB program would have gotten to where it is now 10 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, too much here to even bother responding to*****

Jun 5, 2014, 3:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson baseball and the coaching staff.

Jun 5, 2014, 3:50 PM

way to much drivel in that novel to even begin breaking down. cliff notes, coach leggett will be back and changes will be made by administration and jack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2014, 7:50 PM

ONE THING I HOPE JACK DOES IS TO LEAVE THE DIRT AROUND 3RD ALONG.I AM SICK OF SEEING HIM SMOOTH THE DIRT, KICK THE BAG,AND DRAW A HORSESHOE AROUND 3RD BASE.

It seems to me that DRad would have spoken.......

Jun 5, 2014, 3:51 PM

by now as no talk of supporting JL isn't helping our recruiting at all. It seems to be he would announced that all is well with Jack's job, etc.

I'm still thinking that DRad's going to make some kind of move/change even if it doesn't affect Jack directly.

Re: It seems to me that DRad would have spoken.......

Jun 5, 2014, 4:01 PM

That's what its surly looking like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It seems to me that DRad would have spoken.......

Jun 5, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to It seems to me that DRad would have spoken....... ]

roy phillpot reported today on his show that drad and jack met yesterday for over two hours. roy also says it appears and he is sticking with his prediction that jack will be back. with his past history that means jack is gone because roy is NEVER right. however imo we will have an answer soon as it is not fair to the coaches and recruits to let this drag on without an answer.

Jun 5, 2014, 4:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson baseball and the coaching staff.- pls dear god

Jun 5, 2014, 4:11 PM

read paragraphs for dummies. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you've conducted a national search....

Jun 5, 2014, 4:40 PM

and concluded that Monte Lee is the best choice?

I'm really surprised he made time to talk to you considering he's trying to prepare his team for a Super Regional this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

On the other hand, if DRad was 100% behind Jack

Jun 5, 2014, 5:34 PM

he certainly would have already said that as well, and we haven't heard that either. I don't know if Jack will be back or not, but clearly Drad is not happy with the status quo, and Jack is the guy in charge. My gut tells me that changes of some kind are underway, and if JL stays, it's understood that he's gotta get it turned around, sooner than later.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: On the other hand, if DRad was 100% behind Jack

Jun 5, 2014, 5:51 PM

IMHO Jack can not turn things around..he refuses to see that he is the problem!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2014, 6:30 PM

I don't like everything jack does but you don't have a clue

Not too many on this board do have a clue!****

Jun 5, 2014, 6:49 PM

"But our baseball program has been in a slow down fall ever

Jun 5, 2014, 7:45 PM

since Jack Leggett took over for Bill Wilhelm".

How do you figure this? We had 1 CWS appearance in Wilhelm's final 13 seasons. Why do people pretend that Jack took over program that went to the CWS every single season?

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,563
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic