Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson and Humility
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 135
| visibility 1

Clemson and Humility

Jan 3, 2016, 7:42 PM

I lost a bunch of pulse today being kind to an Alabama fan and then afterward attempting to be humble. That's not what our coach does. Td me all day if you want to but this is a pulse of our character at Clemson..... We could lose this game or we could win it! They play hard and we do too! This is for the championship and every other game there has been a humility factor in the posting fanbase that is missing now. Now we have become jerks. If we cannot be kind to those that are from opposing teams, at least until we know them. Because now we are winners, I pray we go back to being humble or lose like jerks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson and Humility

Jan 3, 2016, 7:49 PM

It could probably stem from too much Donald Trump on TV!

;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump on TV?

Jan 3, 2016, 7:59 PM

Has Trump been on TV? I guess I just change channels or thanks for the mute button.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Win with class.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Let me get this straight... you're going to let a dozen or so active TigerNet posters acting like "jerks" impact your prayers for a Clemson victory? I suggest you listen to Paul Finebaum's show next week and get a good sample of the "humility" from Alabama and SEC fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:03 PM

No sir my prayers have nothing to do with anything. I do believe in a higher power that has looked down upon, blessed some would say or divinely inspired this team. Whatever, believe or not believe it is your choice. Dabo believes. I believe. The team believes. You? Who cares

Jan 3, 2016, 8:04 PM

But I wish you did

Jan 3, 2016, 8:10 PM

I happen to believe that God doesn't get involved in the outcome of football games.

I believe that God can be honored in how Dabo Swinney runs the program with integrity and being open about his faith.

My comments weren't intended to make a statement one way or another on the faith issue. However, I think it's a bit foolish to taint your opinion of Clemson fans based on a dozen or so active TigerNet posters, particularly to the point of praying (your words, not mine) for the team to lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2016, 8:13 PM

Would you mind showing me where I prayed for another team to lose?

Jan 3, 2016, 8:14 PM

"I pray we go back to being humble or lose like jerks."

Jan 3, 2016, 8:16 PM

I pray that WE!

Jan 3, 2016, 8:18 PM

If the team is not humble and God does not will is to win, we won't and my prayers won't mean anything. If you are an atheist and think that prayers are futile then what do you fear from my words? It's sunday let me have some words. TD's are easy and a pulse is worth a crap. Use it

Jan 3, 2016, 8:24 PM

I'm not an atheist. I think that prayers for victory in football games are futile. Can you grasp that?

Jan 3, 2016, 8:28 PM

Well I would agree with you if it were not for the man who is praying the prayers, the team that lives the life with him and the subsequent winning season that has followed them despite err dang know it all saying it is impossible. It's nothing short of a living MIRACLE!

Jan 3, 2016, 10:29 PM

I'll chime in on this. I don't pray for Clemson to win, however I do pray for the coaches and players to have the confidence and belief in themselves to play and coach to the best of their abilities.

Agree on the part about God not caring who wins.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jan 3, 2016, 10:38 PM

That's right. These guys have thrown me somewhat off but the truth is whatever God you pray to most believe that you must approach in humility. Because the Tigers take the field all puffed up and bad ### doesn't mean a thing, they already approached the grand architect who designed them and asked gave praise.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and Humility ]

So you're not praying for the second part of the sentence, just the first? Prayer for the humility part but not for the or lose part? Thanks for clearing that up.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:25 PM

Why do you care? You don't believe you are just a fan of a team that wasn't supposed to be here and a coach that preaches and believes like a ####? Just ride the coat tails and watch Star Wars man . It is no skin off anyone I knows nose

You are completely misrepresenting my beliefs.... and I don't have the inclination to explain because you can't seem to grasp a worldview that is different from yours.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson and Humility ]

Dude you need to read your Bible again because you have not understood a word it said.

Integrity rises, pulse drops.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:05 PM

How much did either change your bank balance? You'll sleep well tonight if you acted your conscience today. TD for mentioning prayer and lose in the same sentence.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Integrity rises, pulse drops.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:09 PM

Not bragging but my balance is fine. And I do not personally believe in praying for riches. It's a work ethic thing. Work hard and money comes. It does. Put horse first, then cart money will come. There are some out of bounds balls but for the most part life lessons are universal truths

These boards can be a huge waste of time...

Jan 3, 2016, 8:27 PM

Why do I keep reading???

I think you lost a bunch of pulse when you started TD'ing

other posters.

Most of us have been around here long enough to know that every time we have a bowl game or OOC game, we end up with a bunch of posters coming over from the opposing teams. They usually start out nice and then it's Thunderdome.

If you can't handle the ribbing, join TI.

Re: I think you lost a bunch of pulse when you started TD'ing

Jan 3, 2016, 8:33 PM

Robert please! I have been here long enough for you to know better. I stood up for an Alabama fan and made a post that we should direct our attention elsewhere beside rah rah we are the best when we havent actually proven anything until Monday the 11th. That's humility.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:35 PM

This board has always had at least. Small contingency of people who thought we should at least be humble until the 4th quarter and we were playing Louisville at the time, not bama

Jan 3, 2016, 8:37 PM

I was at Notre Dame in the rain

Jan 3, 2016, 8:38 PM

We don't have to prove anything. We are anonymous posters

Jan 3, 2016, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you lost a bunch of pulse when you started TD'ing ]

on an football message board. One that BTW, has a reputation for the flaming you've been seeing today.

Re: We don't have to prove anything. We are anonymous posters

Jan 3, 2016, 8:40 PM

I'm ok with that

So what are you whining about then?***

Jan 3, 2016, 8:40 PM

Re: So what are you whining about then?***

Jan 3, 2016, 8:42 PM

I'm not whining I am talking

The two aren't mutually exclusive.***

Jan 3, 2016, 8:43 PM

Re: The two aren't mutually exclusive.***

Jan 3, 2016, 8:45 PM

Are you saying that me talking about Dabo talking about God is whining?

You should really move to the P&R bored.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:46 PM

No, you're whining about your pulse.

Re: You should really move to the P&R bored.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:47 PM

Well it took a hit but I haven't whined about wanting it back. In fact I think you and I both will agre I took the opposite approach

Re: You should really move to the P&R bored.

Jan 3, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to You should really move to the P&R bored. ]

Hey did someone say pulse?

Re: The two aren't mutually exclusive.******

Jan 3, 2016, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: The two aren't mutually exclusive.*** ]

Re: The two aren't mutually exclusive.******

Jan 3, 2016, 8:49 PM

That is funny

whoa, whoa, whoa... you're anonymous for good reason, i'm

Jan 3, 2016, 8:49 PM [ in reply to We don't have to prove anything. We are anonymous posters ]

me.

Easy Billy Bob.***

Jan 3, 2016, 8:56 PM

i stopped by to check on overton & you're causing trouble...

Jan 3, 2016, 9:02 PM

again.

I hate that I was elsewhere when this thread started***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Ok, that's why Bob was walking funny***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:10 PM

Yep, because I rented him for a midget tossing contest***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:11 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You found a reliable velcro brand for that? My dwarfs keep

Jan 3, 2016, 9:11 PM

getting concussed.

We don't need velcro, I just toss bob against the wall

Jan 3, 2016, 9:12 PM

and watch him crash off of it. Little guy makes me laugh every time.

My dwarves would rebel. I'm already having to implement a

Jan 3, 2016, 9:17 PM

"targeting" rule. As if anyone intentionally throws a dwarf head first.

me too, this place has lost its ####### mind.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:12 PM [ in reply to I hate that I was elsewhere when this thread started*** ]

"lost it" would imply this place had it to begin with

Jan 3, 2016, 9:15 PM

I'm not quite sure you've ever been more wrong.

no, relative to where it was, but it got worse.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:18 PM

Re: no, relative to where it was, but it got worse.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:19 PM

I think we all win tonight.

i'm no we.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:20 PM

Re: i'm no we.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:24 PM

I don't think so either, 99' class were you even close?

are you trying to say class of '99, because i think you're

Jan 3, 2016, 9:26 PM

lacking.

Re: are you trying to say class of '99, because i think you're

Jan 3, 2016, 9:31 PM

I did notice for every point my pulse dropped my actual points went up 10%

Re: are you trying to say class of '99, because i think you're

Jan 3, 2016, 9:32 PM

I could post some Samuel Clemmons on here and not get a point. Interesting.

Try posting newds. Easy way to rack up the points quick.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:34 PM

let me give lbu a call if intel's posting doods.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:36 PM

mark twain bored(s) ---->***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: are you trying to say class of '99, because i think you're ]

Re: mark twain bored(s) ---->***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:38 PM

haha

Re: mark twain bored(s) ---->***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to mark twain bored(s) ---->*** ]

Oh come on you really think this could be an inside job? A minute ago you were so cocky and now you are silent. Just what could you be worried about?

So much humility.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:53 PM

Re: So much humility.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:58 PM

Could I ask you what the problem with me is? Is it my 38/137 ratio of td's. The fact that you know I know what I am talking about and you still don't know who I am or what? Come on man just let me be me for a minute.

It's just too easy. You make this post about being gracious

Jan 3, 2016, 10:07 PM

and welcoming and then your responses in the thread are anything but.

It's not 38/137 ratio of td's

Jan 3, 2016, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: So much humility.*** ]

you TD 38% of the posts you vote on. That's a big number. That's Shanely territory. Do you think if we win the toss in Glendale we should play defense first?

Re: It's not 38/137 ratio of td's

Jan 3, 2016, 10:11 PM

Ok so what is a good number two you?

Just look at other people's percentages and let me know

Jan 3, 2016, 10:37 PM

what you think.

Re: Just look at other people's percentages and let me know

Jan 3, 2016, 10:39 PM

About what?

You need me to type slower?***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:44 PM

Re: You need me to type slower?***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:47 PM

No

Jan 3, 2016, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Just look at other people's percentages and let me know ]

The fact that you are a communications alumna since 2008? Probably has more to do with your rating than your personal skills but this isn't silence of the lambs clarice

2008? You do have the hard of readings***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Just look at other people's percentages and let me know ]

From what I have heard you say you need to develop a respect for women. You are lonely and you mask that with pompous talk about sexual fantasies that you nor any of your friends have experienced even on an Internet fantasy

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18694798

Jan 3, 2016, 10:49 PM

Oh 2001 so you are older than I thought, probably balding

Jan 3, 2016, 11:05 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18695540

Smack talk, you're doing it wrong.***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Just look at other people's percentages and let me know ]

Re: Smack talk, you're doing it wrong.***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:50 PM

Nah I think it will be ik

Re: Smack talk, you're doing it wrong.***

Jan 3, 2016, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Smack talk, you're doing it wrong.*** ]

Let me guess you live out west

He mad.***

Jan 3, 2016, 11:17 PM

Re: He mad.***

Jan 3, 2016, 11:20 PM

Haha not mad at all. I was done talking. You want some more do something besides a gif and as the band plays on on first down......GO!

Are we speaking the King's tongue?***

Jan 3, 2016, 11:22 PM

Re: Are we speaking the King's tongue?***

Jan 3, 2016, 11:26 PM

I do prefer the Kings English but can Ebonics with the best

Jan 3, 2016, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Are we speaking the King's tongue?*** ]

Or we can pig Latin

Jan 3, 2016, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Are we speaking the King's tongue?*** ]

ousyay are a oochday

Re: Are we speaking the King's tongue?******

Jan 3, 2016, 11:38 PM

GWP, he's '99 class; come on, help the brother grad out?***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:11 PM [ in reply to It's not 38/137 ratio of td's ]

Re: GWP, he's '99 class; come on, help the brother grad out?***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:13 PM

Brother Grad??

personally, i doubt it.***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:14 PM

Re: personally, i doubt it.***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:17 PM

You won't when I am done with you

you can edit or take your time if you'd like? you don't have

Jan 3, 2016, 10:21 PM

to make numerous responses and continue looking stupid, but to each her own.

This sure has been a season of firsts. For instance

Jan 3, 2016, 10:22 PM

I can't recall ever seeing a HOF post where the OP completely loses it inside the thread.

the taxidermy man gonna have a heart attack...

Jan 3, 2016, 10:25 PM

when he see what we brung him.

the op's fabulous.

Jan 3, 2016, 10:19 PM [ in reply to personally, i doubt it.*** ]

If you haven't yet figured out you are in the tiger claw grip of one sophisticated sob then your ### is had and this will be fun

Jan 3, 2016, 10:20 PM

you're right, i think you're a relative moron. i've been

Jan 3, 2016, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: personally, i doubt it.*** ]

cautious, worried you might start taking it out on a bottle of mad dog, then write something really stupid, but you must have started earlier.

Re: you're right, i think you're a relative moron. i've been

Jan 3, 2016, 10:31 PM

moran*

i reserve phonetics mostly for friends.***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:33 PM

what are you babbling about now?***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: mark twain bored(s) ---->*** ]

I've seen closet coots make it three months without...

Jan 3, 2016, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you lost a bunch of pulse when you started TD'ing ]

outing their self, you've been here three weeks. We know little to nothing about you. If you're a Clemson fan you'll be the first who ever got a TD from me. I didn't appreciate you saying you'd pray for a loss if we weren't humble enough.

My Bible, KJV does not provide for me to judge the humility of others and I'm not allowed to go around inspecting fruit either. Your attitude in the OP was condescending which made it appear you are suffering from self-righteous indignation.

You have your way of dealing with visitors here and we have our way. I suggest unless you want on a lot of chit list here you tone down the "I'm humble and you should be like me," chit.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've seen closet coots make it three months without...

Jan 4, 2016, 12:29 AM

You must have done well in construction management to have retired in Les than 20

Re: I've seen closet coots make it three months without...

Jan 4, 2016, 12:30 AM

Haha I hope you have but some folks put way to much out there don't they?

Jan 3, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to I think you lost a bunch of pulse when you started TD'ing ]

And btw Robert I seldom TD another poster. I don't think I have ever TD you. What in fact are you talking about?

If I had to guess I'd say you've thrown around 83 TD's in 2

Jan 3, 2016, 8:59 PM

months, but I'm just spitballing here.

Re: If I had to guess I'd say you've thrown around 83 TD's in 2

Jan 3, 2016, 9:00 PM

And there were 1000 reasons to throw more

Jan 3, 2016, 9:01 PM [ in reply to If I had to guess I'd say you've thrown around 83 TD's in 2 ]

Post my td s if you want to throw them out and most everyone would agree

Only you have that power young Padawan.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:02 PM

Jan 3, 2016, 9:02 PM [ in reply to If I had to guess I'd say you've thrown around 83 TD's in 2 ]

How many TU have I thrown?

136***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:04 PM

Re: 136***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:05 PM

Get f'd robert

So much for Clemson and Humility.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:06 PM

Re: So much for Clemson and Humility.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:15 PM

I am not the ball team Robert. I don't confuse humilty with bowing down either. You were wrong, you were calling me out and making me look bad and I will accept your apologies anytime you want to give them

Yeah robert...

Jan 3, 2016, 9:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhPLGMhRuQ

It's rude to answer direct questions... stop that!!***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: So much for Clemson and Humility.*** ]

Re: So much for Clemson and Humility.***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: So much for Clemson and Humility.*** ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pojL_35QlSI

Speaking of humility and such, that post isn't very

Jan 3, 2016, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: 136*** ]

Christian like. Tommy Bowden would not approve.

Re: Speaking of humility and such, that post isn't very

Jan 3, 2016, 9:22 PM

Whomever gave you the notion I was christian?

Admitting that will definitely help your pulse***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:24 PM

Re: Admitting that will definitely help your pulse***

Jan 3, 2016, 9:27 PM

Not worried about my pulse. That comment was a reflection on the site and the way it operates. I have 2 years of evolutionary biology and I attended 1 ralley with Richard Dawkins. Enough said. I still love Dabo and his way of life though

Jan 3, 2016, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Speaking of humility and such, that post isn't very ]

Whomever gave you the notion I said you were Christian? Oh I know, maybe you has the hard of readings?

Jan 3, 2016, 9:29 PM

> Whomever gave you the notion I said you were
> Christian? Oh I know, maybe you has the hard of
> readings?

Haha spell check and an iPhone

38% of your votes have been TDs

Jan 3, 2016, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: If I had to guess I'd say you've thrown around 83 TD's in 2 ]

aside from Crump, that's a pretty high number round these parts. Seems dooshy for someone who just joined in November, IMO

Re: 38% of your votes have been TDs

Jan 3, 2016, 9:08 PM

I'm not lucky enough to know who crump is but I know what I think and what I dont. I do not thumbs down on opinions of politics or religion but anyone who disrespects my tigers gets one.

The day you meet Crump, you will not consider yourself

Jan 3, 2016, 9:10 PM

lucky by any means. He is a bitter, horrible person. He reminds me of ...well...you.

Hey, wait a minute! Have we ever seen Crump and Inlet in the

Jan 3, 2016, 9:14 PM

same place? How do we know this isn't ...

Message was edited by: GRUMP®

You've TD 72 times.

Jan 3, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: 38% of your votes have been TDs ]

It just three weeks. I was here five years before I TDed a post. You ain't going to make it, son. These guys have plenty enough savvy to find out who is TDing and who isn't.

Jan 3, 2016, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: If I had to guess I'd say you've thrown around 83 TD's in 2 ]

Dude...

If "never" began on 11/30/2015 (your 1st day on the board) is it good or bad?

Jan 4, 2016, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I think you lost a bunch of pulse when you started TD'ing ]

> And btw Robert I seldom TD another poster. I don't
> think I have ever TD you. What in fact are you
> talking about?

If "never" began on 11/30/2015 (your 1st day on the board) is it good or bad?

Jan 4, 2016, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I think you lost a bunch of pulse when you started TD'ing ]

> And btw Robert I seldom TD another poster. I don't
> think I have ever TD you. What in fact are you
> talking about?

Keep in mind that Alabama is the satan of college football.***

Jan 3, 2016, 8:38 PM

Jan 3, 2016, 9:03 PM

Well said buddy! Do the right thing! Pulse means nothing

Jan 3, 2016, 9:03 PM

Just gave you a TU. Hope it helps the pulse. I also have no problem with Respectable fans for Bama wanting to discuss our matchup. Every fan base has crazies, some have only crazies..(sorry coots), but the Bama fans I've seen here have mostly been cool imo.

Jan 3, 2016, 9:50 PM

I think your error is equating TNet with the fanbase. TNet is a mere sliver of the fan base. A very small sliver. Few fans I go to games with ever get on here. And wonder why I do. You can't base or adjust your fandom or support of the team/school on TNet reactions.

Jan 3, 2016, 9:53 PM

I agree, few do. What's your point because I didn't seem to have one?

Just be you. We don't ALL have to be jerks. Head up!***

Jan 3, 2016, 10:03 PM

Replies: 135
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic