Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson about to hand Saban worst loss at Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Clemson about to hand Saban worst loss at Bama?

Dec 23, 2017, 2:31 PM

In the course of every game, they are early individual plays that can swing the momentum, thus the game in very different directions. In the Miami game, there was a Clemson fumble and recovery deep in our own territory. If Miami had gotten the ball and scored, the game may have taken a much different turn.. players plau tighter, force things, etc.. Instead we blew them out.

When I think about Bama this yr, they remind me of OhSt last yr. A mobile qb with questionable passing skills, a good WR, a good RB, an ok OL, and a pretty great and skilled D. BV made Oh St one (zero?) dimensional last yr. Combine that with early FG misses (those momentum plays to which I referred) and the route was on.

Is there any reason to believe that the result of the Bama game will be any different from OhSt amd Miami assuming we don't have those big momentum killers against us?

The fan in me fears losing by 10, the realist in me can see a 20pt Clemson win.
Thoughts?

*Sabans worst loss at Bama was 14 pts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes.***

Dec 23, 2017, 2:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson about to hand Saban worst loss at Bama?

Dec 23, 2017, 2:45 PM

If 2011 LSU couldn’t this clemson team won’t

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Esplain yoself wooten. Are you saying LSUs O was better

Dec 23, 2017, 2:49 PM

in 2011 than our O? Are you saying Bamas D is the same this year as 2011? I think neither of those things is true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 23, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson about to hand Saban worst loss at Bama? ]

hard to be worse than loss to Louisiana–Monroe***

Dec 23, 2017, 2:49 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 3:28 PM

Saban made a statement after the national championship game last year that they made an error in how they had planned their offense-how they had prepared for Clemson. Whatever that error, look for it to be corrected this year. Like most people, I think their initial approach will be to pound our defense and a lot of QB runs. Early in the game and maybe on their first offensive series, look for the tight end down the middle of the field, flare route by a back coming out of the backfield, or deep post or corner to Ridley just to test our defense. These have been our weak spots season after season and no different this year. Bama may even try to speed up play seeing what Cuse did to us but I don't think this is their game. Saban will be under more self-imposed pressure than Dabo. It's just their personalties. A loss by Bama to the Tigers again this year would also cause the rumblings and conjecture to begin. Something that Saban wants to avoid at ALL costs. Look for tremendous pressure on KB2 for he will be the key to how our offense performs. If it's 3rd down and 7, don't tip-toe out of bounds after gaining 6 but give everything you've got for that 1 extra yard. It's big-boy ball time. Hopefully, our defense plays the way they are capable with grit and toughness. If so, it will be a close game but no way it's a blowout.

I don't think people are realizing that unlike the first two matchups

Dec 23, 2017, 3:35 PM

Our offensive and defensive lines are just better, period.

Very much unlike the first two matchups.

I look for us to consistently control the run game on both sides and win the game something like 31-23.

Re: I don't think people are realizing that unlike the first two matchups

Dec 23, 2017, 3:44 PM

Honestly can see a way we hold them under 20, maybe even under 17.

I think a solid 30something to 17 would be a statement.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's true, Saban will likely recognize it, then try...

Dec 23, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I don't think people are realizing that unlike the first two matchups ]

to adjust accordingly.

It'll be interesting if Clemson sees it that way as well, then tries to out Alabama Saban?

Should be a great game, one I'm looking forward to seeing how each staff has gone about their 1 month of planning with these versions of Alabama & Clemson in mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple comments...

Dec 23, 2017, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson about to hand Saban worst loss at Bama? ]

If Saban thinks his offensive scheme is what got him beat last year then Dabo is two steps ahead on him instead of one. He couldn't stop our offense.

A quicker offense for Bama will benefit Clemson more than them. The quicker their offense snaps the ball the quicker their defense is on the field again. Imo, that only plays into Clemson's hands helping our long sustained drives to wear their defense down.

It's choose your poison with Clemson. You can stop the run or you can stop the passing but you can't stop both. I don't think Saban has the balls to try and stop our running game without his safeties drifting toward the LOS. At that point you'll see something you haven't seen since the first of the season, KB's long ball. Yes, I believe his ankle will be 100% for the first time since the early October.

A couple quick scores and Bama will be playing catch-up without a real passing game. That's why I agree with the OP because Dabo won't let up. Bama screwed him several times and nothing would make him happier than to add salt to their wounds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 put up 405 passing in '16, then 420 earlier this year.

Dec 23, 2017, 4:08 PM

KB2 has eclipsed 300 yards passing all of one time.

Some of that has been ~need, some was a conscious effort[dabo's goal] at the start of the year to lower turnovers, some might have been KB2 being dinged up and some is KB2 does not yet have the overall, natural arm talent of DW4, it's just not the same.

There's also the consideration that KB2 is not as adept at reading, checking, managing the O on the field and is not given the latitude in checks that DW4 earned.

Huge control issues[not meaning it as a bad thing] in this offense, way more tightly reined than under DW4, but that can change the more KB2 proves worthy. Dabo mentioned this in some of those 2Hs Clemson "lost". Haha, it's all good, but that always cracked me up.

I'm really looking forward to this match up as none more experienced than Saban, especially with a month under his belt.

I got to believe Dabo likes this team's chances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson about to hand Saban worst loss at Bama? ]

I hope they do try to go over the middle to the TE. Van Smith gets an early INT.

This!!

Dec 23, 2017, 4:10 PM

This is what I'm talking about. So much for jokey, silly posts right?

Comparing them to Ohio St just made me feel 10x better. Only difference is, last year Ohio St didn't have a Bo Scarborough... Add in #2 #8 and #34 for Bama and thats a 4 headed solid unit we're gonna have to shut down. Other than that I truly see our defense shutting them down. I say Clemson by 10, 20 is a stretch but it can definitely happen.

Dec 23, 2017, 4:38 PM

Rust is showing on their Crimson armor
Clemson will be the ember that burns them down
Lost like a whisper upon a soft wind
Bama will fall like a tree that makes no sound

The Alabama skies will turn orange. Their rivers will flow purple. Alabama nation will yearn for their long lost son.

They're not getting him...!!***

Dec 23, 2017, 5:13 PM

Dec 24, 2017, 8:45 AM

42-10 Beatdown! We both out rush and out pass Bammer! Only way its close is if we have turnovers!+1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Dec 24, 2017, 8:49 AM

I'll take a one point victory myself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched every Alabama game this year, because....

Dec 24, 2017, 9:00 AM

I bet 800.00 to win 500.00 on them to win the SEC Championship before the season. Obviously I lost that bet. Their D isn't that special and with their injuries, we should beat them by 14 if we don't turn the ball over. That's easier said than done though. I am still calling 38-21.

89 grad here and huge Tiger fan, but I seriously doubt that!***

Dec 24, 2017, 9:13 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic