Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Winning
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Clemson Winning

Nov 27, 2018, 1:40 AM

Dabo had to do the unthinkable Sunday... Call out the "Fans". I grew up from my parents driveway to the university it took 15 minutes. I have danced in the streets of church street with the cheerleaders for the citrus bowl. I've seen at that same bowl some of the worst Clemson losses. I was born and able to understand the game of football at the tail end of the Ford era. I saw hatfield win with mostly Ford's players (my opinion) and then I saw West come in and actually riding down the hill (yes the hill) in the first quarter with my friends during home games because nobody was there (not even most students).

I've seen the rise and fall with Bowden and my family and I have never stopped supporting and giving to this University. During South Carolina's 3 years 11 win seasons, I saw so many "fans" come out from under rocks proclaiming to be Carolina fans that I never knew even followed Carolina from afar. I see after 6 years the Golden State Warriors have more fans now than they have ever had in the first 29 years of my existence. The reason why people gravitate to winning and those "fairweather", "bandwagon" fans that switch from the USC of the early 2000s, The Alabama, Miami, ect... start coming to our team and it's like a mosh pit they want to jump in the middle and yell and scream that they are Clemson.

In reality, they aren't Clemson and never will be because when Clemson does have a couple losses a year they will jump but WE will still be here supporting.

I am a member of a few of the social media groups for Clemson tigernet being one, I bleed orange and tigers for life. I look at half those post and think to myself those are not even real Clemson fans saying all this stuff. 63-17 is great, 56-7 is great, 3-0 is great too. Because that is a win against our state rival. I thought about keeping my mouth shut and I don't really post much on here. A lot of times I read posts but come to look at weekly updates that this site gives from the team.

I don't care if this team beats Pitt by 100 or by 1 all I know it's a win and I'll be #### happy come late Saturday/early Sunday morning to know we are ACC champs for 4 years straight something I have not seen in the 29 years being able to understand and follow the game of football.

To all the true fans that understand this game all I can say is GO Tigers!! I love the success we are having! To the other fans... I don't care if you have decided to accept Clemson as your favorite team. I just hope you take the time to respect and understand the Clemson way. That way hasn't changed from 3-8 seasons to 12-0. It's about respect and being humble of who you are. Yall have a great day! Sorry for the long-winded post if you read all this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

| View Original Thread |

Passionate, aren't you!

Sep 15, 2019, 8:32 AM

I like that passion, understand & appreciate it 110%.

Oh, what's the deal with Berkley name?

I once had a British car named Berkeley that had a motorcycle engine.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic