Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson U Works With Liberal Lawmakers to ‘Kill’ Requirement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Clemson U Works With Liberal Lawmakers to ‘Kill’ Requirement

Apr 1, 2020, 10:57 AM

WHAT THE HECK IS CLEMSON DOING??

Why is Clemson sending lobbyists to the state legislature to lobby a repeal of the state law that mandates public colleges to require students to take a class on the U.S. Constitution?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/03/25/clemson-u-works-with-liberal-lawmakers-to-kill-requirement-to-teach-constitution/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson U Works With Liberal Lawmakers to ‘Kill’ Requirement

Apr 1, 2020, 12:50 PM

This is not surprising at all. Not all games but every once in a while, we would pick up a copy of the student newspaper, THE TIGER. Back in the 60’s and early 70’s it was good reading and enjoyed the opinions of it’s editors. The last time I had the misfortune of reading THE TIGER was about 2015-2016. I was shocked at every single opinion and each article within the paper. What a waste of good ink. Clemson, unfortunately is no different than any other institution of higher learning. It is a shame!

Apr 1, 2020, 1:02 PM

I finished Secondary School and College. Never took a course on the Constitution. The document is so short, it only takes a little while to understand it as it is written. Now, If you have to learn all the ways that people have tried to change it's meaning, there is no school course that could ever cover it all. Can you imagine a course on the total Codes of Federal Regulation, state and county regulations that generally circumvent the constitution? Probably couldn't even read them all in a lifetime. Kinda like the Bible and the books about its meaning. There are so many laws that we couldn't possibly obey them all even if we wanted to. (got to know about them to obey them) And it is obvious we are not too willing to obey the ones we do not like. Speed limits, litter laws, what you can put in your mouth, are a very few of the obvious ones. Then some illogical laws, e.g., can be KIA at 18 through draft but must wait until 21 to commit early death with tobacco and alcohol.

Apr 1, 2020, 1:10 PM

When I graduated from high school, one of the courses you had to take was Government. Isn't this course still required?

Apr 1, 2020, 1:13 PM

We did have Civics. Can't remember what it was though. First time I've thought about since high school. Best I can remember it was better than the 24/7 talking heads we have now.

One cool thing if you take a good course on it -

Apr 1, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson U Works With Liberal Lawmakers to ‘Kill’ Requirement ]

You read it as originally written, and then the modern version with all the changes by amendment (It didn't originally read, "We the People, of the United States," for example). One American Lit book I used had paired pages of the original on the left and current on the right.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic