Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Starters Grades this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,255

Clemson Starters Grades this year.

Jan 15, 2016, 9:27 AM

Here is how I would grade everyone who had significant starting time this year.
QB- Deshaun Watson = A This could have been a A+ if Williams wasn't injured or if Cain had come on earlier and not missed 3 games. Deshaun needs to protect the ball a little better and those 2 WRs tremendously help with that. Footnote, however, is that the picks never shook Deshaun.

RB- Wayne Gallman = A+ I don't think anyone was more consistent with doing "their" job than Wayne. He was excellent in pass pro, lead blocking, running the ball and only fumbled twice. It would be great to have zero but 283 attempts and 2 fumbles is only a 0.007% fumble rate.

WR- Scott= B+ Played great at times this year but needs to win the contested ball matchup. A very tough player who has excelled in his niche but needs to expand his abilities to being a more reliable deep threat.
Renfrow= B+ He probably runs the best routes and has great hands but needs to get a lot stronger this offseason to be a more effective blocker and run through tough physcial corners so that he can catch more deep balls instead of just drawing the PI. He did excellent in the NC game and will probably be a great WR next year as well.
Peake= B The senior excelled at times and yet dropped some key passes and gave up some INTs this year. I do believe that he improved and played great in the finale. An excellent blocker that set the last block to open up several long runs this year.
Hopper= B- Only knock here is inconsistent play which lead to splitting time with Renfrow.

TE -Leggett= B I want to give two grades here but instead I just split them. Leggett has been a below average blocker all year but has been money on 3rd down and in the redzone. He is truly an elite receiving TE but not that great at the blocking thing.

LT- Mitch Hyatt = A He was excellent and will likely be a top 5 pick 1 day. Rarely was he beat straight up by strength or athleticism. His mental game was strong but he can improve the most here and with functional strength. He will be a monster at 6-5 300.

LG- Mac = A He was a very reliable starter who provided good pass pro, leadership, and run blocking.

C- Guillermo = B+ What a great comeback story and will probably be the leader of a very solid group next year. Great in run support but can improve in pass pro and communication as the frontman.

RG- Crowder = B- I think you could grade him higher but he needs to continue to improve his pass pro. However, it is hard to find a another guy who can move buildings like this guy.

RT- Gore = B- He finally produced a solid year but struggled with consistency.

DE- Lawson = A+ Don't know if i have to say anything other than... stud.

DE- Dodd = A+ see above.

DT- Watkins= A A great player who even had a pick six this year. Good at run stuffing and pushing the pocket on passing downs.

DT- Wilkins= A This guy will be an absolute monster and likely 1st rounder. Probably the most athletic of the bunch.

DT- Reader= B- Whatever personal reasons that got in the way are the only thing that knocks this grade down.

DT- Pagano= B An infrequent contributor that sometimes dominated and other times seemed to be voting absentee.

WLB- Boulware= B He at times was a warrior and at times blew gap assignments. A great player with lots of emotion and leadership and should have a tremendous SR year.

MLB- Goodson= A He was the anchor of a tough defense. Made the right calls most of the time and played outstanding football most of the time.

SLB- Blanks= B+ He played great underneath but got beat to many times in passing situations.
Nickel- Carter= B He always played with great effort but lacked consistency like Tank and Mack.

CB- Mack= A+ He was ferociously dominant as a true lockdown corner. Graduating with no interceptions and maybe only 1 TD given up?
Tank= A I would give an A+ but he got beat just a couple of times and other times he got a PI instead. Most of the time he dominated and pulled down several INTs.

S- Kearse= B Again I would like to give separate grades. 1 for the first half of the year and 1 for the second half. I firmly believe he is as talented as anyone in the country and played like an All American for a few games then became Mr. Inconsistent and finally finished as Mr. nonexistent.
Green= B He was a tough player who was always great in run support and had great effort but blew too many assignments to get a higher grade here.

Bonus- Regardless of where the "expert's" mock drafts have them
Mack, Lawson, Dodd all have 1st round chances.
Kearse is likely a 2-3rd guy
Goodson could go as high as 4th round
Green, Reader, Mac are anywhere from 5-7
Blanks, Gore are likely headed for UFA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mack gave up 2 TDs as a RS Freshman

Jan 15, 2016, 9:30 AM

other than that he was perfect

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mack gave up 2 TDs as a RS Freshman

Jan 15, 2016, 9:31 AM

0 this year right?