Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Collegiate Wrestling as a viable Winter sport!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,093

Collegiate Wrestling as a viable Winter sport!

Feb 24, 2020, 9:28 AM

Title IX no longer a barrier! Women’s Collegiate Wrestling was just sanctioned by the NCAA at the Div II and III levels and will be sanctioned as an emerging sport at the Div I level in April.

When Girls can wrestle other Girls, the sport takes on a whole new complexion. It’s an Olympic sport and women compete with women in many other martial art forms that has been widely acceptable.

https://www.espn.com/high-school/story/_/id/26438471/why-girls-high-school-wrestling-rise

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Men’s Program. earlier posts are correct..

Feb 24, 2020, 9:36 AM

The Men’s program was a victim of a few things such as:

-Poor leadership
-Title XI
-The Admins lack of commitment

Times have changed though!

-Women’s wrestling is fastest growing sport in the nation and now offers a true T9 counterpart to the Men’s sport
-No new facilities are required so the sport is much more cost effective (cheap!)
-Clemson has an AD from Western Pa (hottest wrestling in nation) so he would know how to build a program
-ACC Network-The ACC is better now than ever and they are attracting larger and larger crowds

Many other good reasons to give this sport another chance at Clemson and add Women’s version!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Collegiate Wrestling as a viable Winter sport!

Feb 24, 2020, 9:42 AM

Too many sports, too little time,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Collegiate Wrestling as a viable Winter sport!

Feb 24, 2020, 11:12 AM

Several big schools with wrestling programs (Oh St, Mich St, and maybe Mich now) have had pervy doc allegations in recent years. I'm kind of glad we dont have that to worry about

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not understanding. What's the connection to wrestling?

Feb 24, 2020, 11:51 AM

Did the pervy docs mainly target wrestlers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not understanding. What's the connection to wrestling?

Feb 24, 2020, 12:53 PM

Me either. Just seems several schools with wrestling programs have them crop up

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dudes that are

Feb 24, 2020, 9:24 PM

grabbing and groping and all that all over the place - not cool.

Chicks doing the same thing - pretty daggum cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,093
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic