Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Holds Stadium Scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,724

Apr 2, 2011, 3:17 PM

Tajh Boyd threw two touchdown passes to pace the offense and Corico Hawkins had eight tackles to lead the defense during a two-hour scrimmage for the Clemson football team in Memorial Stadium on Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a totally different team than what I read on STS

Apr 2, 2011, 6:53 PM

This article sounds really optimistic, like the team is really coming together. The STS article makes it sound like a lot of the guys aren't taking their roles seriously and we are gonna have problems.

Who to believe, who to believe...hmm.......

STS? Not an acronym I'm familiar with. What is it?***

Apr 2, 2011, 7:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: STS? Not an acronym I'm familiar with. What is it?***

Apr 2, 2011, 8:04 PM

Shakin the Southland I believe....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like a totally different team than what I read on STS

Apr 2, 2011, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a totally different team than what I read on STS ]

I take everything I read on there with a grain of salt. He gives great analysis, but is very pessimistic.

which has been the case more often than not

Apr 2, 2011, 11:26 PM

recently no?

STS can afford to be honest. Dabo & T-Net can't.

Apr 4, 2011, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a totally different team than what I read on STS ]

The guys at ShankinTheSouthland.com don't have press credentials and so they can afford to call it like they see it (good or bad) without having to worry about losing access to the coaches & players. The guys at T-Net, and all of the other local reporters can't afford to report anything negative because they're afraid that Clemson will deny them access to the players, coaches, & administrators, thereby denying them their livlihood. (By deny them access, I don't mean that Clemson would deny them access to press conferences and open-to-the-media events. I mean that Clemson won't grant them special one-on-one interviews, and the coaches will avoid speaking with them or answering their questions.)

That's why everything you read on T-Net and in the local papers is always positive, positive, positive, sunshine, and happiness. T-Net and the local press never point out any of the blatantly obvious coaching failures or administration failures. They don't question things like promoting an inexperience wide-receivers coach to head coach AND making the tight-ends coach the OC. They are (understandably) in job preservation mode. So they just parrot whatever positive spin the Clemson athletic department gives them.

On the other hand, the guys at ShakinTheSouthland.com give credit where credit is due. They give criticism where criticism is due. And they provide excellent statistical analysis, and excellent (detailed, technical) play-by-play analysis of football games. I can't think of one time where STS has been wrong about anything regarding football, whereas T-Net and the local media always parrots the unrealistic positive-spin PR from the Clemson athletic department.

I read T-Net in hopes of learning stuff, like the pass completion stats above. But I never, ever expect to read any reasonable analyis. I read STS to get knowledgeable and honest analysis.

I see why Dabo is high on Howard but

Apr 4, 2011, 12:58 PM

I really liked the look of the way Buice is running. He seems like a guy that can make people miss with very little body movement. He just twists a little and guys just drop off. I think we're in real good shape at RB!

Also looks like the D line and LB's are really bringing it. If we get the offense going the way it is capable of going, this team could be special. Tajh is going to have to work on not staring down his receivers so much but I like his delivery and it seems he can really move when he needs to. Gonna be fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us not be deceived by phrases about ‘Man taking charge of his own destiny.’ All that can really happen is that some men will take charge of the destiny of others. . . . The more completely we are planned the more powerful they will be. - C.S. Lewis

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic