Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Guilty of Unfair Football Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,790

Clemson Guilty of Unfair Football Recruiting

Mar 1, 2019, 7:16 PM

tactics. Clemson has been accused by many of using unfair football recruiting tactics. After an in-depth review if these charges, I have come to the conclusion our beloved Tigers are, indeed, guilty as charged. Let me cite a few of these tactics and I believe any die-hard Tiger fan will agree with my assessment. Let me cite just a few of these tactics for your consideration. I am listing only a few and I know there are others who can add to this list of guilty tactics.

First, Clemson readily admits to being discriminatory in the recruiting process. We do not offer every warm body. We are highly selective and extend an offer only to those who meet the high standards mandated by our coaching staff.

When a prospect and his family accept an invitation to visit Clemson, the first thing they see is a quaint and friendly special college town. There is beautiful Lake Hartwell luring boaters, bathers, fishers and picnickers. Glancing Northward, one can see the tree covered mountains nestled in the upper reaches of Pickens and Oconee Counties. Only a few universities can claim what Clemson has to offer.

And, on the campus, beautiful buildings set in the midst of huge trees providing shade for those seeking a restful moment. The sound of a bell signaling the hour causes one to focus on Tillman Hall and the clock located in the tower. They pass the Calhoun Mansion, the huge cedars and see happy students walking briskly to their next class. Gazing down the hill, they have their first view of Memorial Stadium, home of the current national champion. And as they get closer, they spy the famous Rock and as their eyes gaze at the WEZ, the Oculus. On to the other athletic facilities, including the indoor practice facility, the Allen Reaves Complex and, of course, the world famous slide. All of this and it is second to none. Again, we are forced to plead guilty.

Just the facts. Two national championships within the past three years. A 15 - 0 season, the first by any team since 1897. Enough ACC championships and bowl victories to fill a huge trophy room. A 55 - 4 record over the past four years and numerouds awards garnered by players and coaches over the years attesting to their excellence. Again, we plead guilty and reminding our accusers if it's true, it ain't bragging.

Student/Athletes. Yes, it is true and is never more evident than what one sees at Clemson. The proof is in the pudding. A graduation rate among the top for all D1 schools. Numerous athletes who enter and excel in the pros and others who excel in the business world. A place where young men develop and become our leadrers of the future. Isn't if amazing how happy we can be when we are saddled with all of this guilt.

This is just the tip of the iceberg but it does provide enough evidence to prove Clemson is guilty of using unfair football recruiting tactics to entice the best and brightest prospects to choose to be a Clemson Tiger.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Guilty of Unfair Football Recruiting

Mar 1, 2019, 8:31 PM

We also have the tenancy to send guys to the NFL early just to make room for more great players. It's gotta be against the rules.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD!!!!***

Mar 1, 2019, 8:39 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good coaching from those who are happy and stable.

Mar 1, 2019, 8:44 PM

Some of those attribute might be dampened by strict rules and harsh repercussions for breaking one of them. Mitch Hyatt was a few minutes late for a team meeting and didn't start the next game. Now he's been a starter for every game during his four years here except that one. Deon Cain was not allowed to play in the playoff over breaking team rules.

That might be negated by the fact that parents much attracted to a program which serves as an extension of attention, love and concern they've shown their sons throughout his life. No, that's probably more evidence that we cheat when we recruit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A most excellent summary ....

Mar 1, 2019, 10:03 PM

.... of our guilt Joe! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 3, 2019, 5:19 AM

;)

Mar 3, 2019, 8:13 AM

Guilty as charged of having the best group of coaches, top to bottom, in college football! So dang guilty :(

Mar 3, 2019, 2:13 PM

I hope this unfair practice continues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,790
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic