Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Golf
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Clemson Golf

May 21, 2014, 8:06 AM

Not ranked and not in the NCAA's. What's going on with the golf program?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have been "Young" for ten years now***

May 21, 2014, 8:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have been "Young" for ten years now***

May 21, 2014, 8:53 AM

I know you are joking but unfortunately this year it was true. Starting 3 freshman and 2 sophomores for most of the season really makes it difficult. The good news is these guys did improve as the season went on and played well in the ACC and 2 days of the regional. Sure it was a down year but I think it was expected. If next year is more of the same we have problems. In my mind last season was the year to make some noise, until Mills left and the young guys were forced to step up and try and help Reeves. If this team stays together and keeps improving they should be very good for the next two seasons.

null

May 21, 2014, 8:57 AM

The problem is that they don't improve, they regress. Billy Kennerly had a solid season his freshman year, and he didn't even play this year. Proveaux's scoring average was worse this year than his freshman year. When Sam Saunders left Clemson he wasn't even playing in most tournaments, and now he is on the verge of gaining full status on the PGA Tour. There are many more examples of this in the past 6-8 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2014, 10:22 AM

Marshall you are exactly right.. Clemson golf gets highly ranked kids out of high school every year and you could make the argument none of them have really reached their full potential except for maybe Stanley. I've heard from many people that Penley is way too comfortable and basically shoots clays and hangs out at esso everyday

not hearing much from the pros either?***

May 21, 2014, 8:13 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not hearing much from the pros either?***

May 21, 2014, 8:53 AM

Kyle Stanley is dead last in putting statistics, and Glover is only a couple of spots above him. Good ballstriking can't overcome that.

I was at the Wells Fargo a couple of weeks ago. Stanley and Glover happened to be on the putting green at the same time. After a few minutes, I couldn't watch anymore, it was that bad. I don't expect either one of them to have full status next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Batson doesn't have them strong enough***

May 21, 2014, 8:22 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic