Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My beefs IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,711

My beefs IPTAY

Aug 21, 2020, 7:36 PM

Why did a $60 donor and a $25,000 donor get the same bonus points. I am definitely not a $25K donor but this ‘disrespect’ is why I and many of my peers Redshirted. If they had given a sliding equity scale I would have donated both my contribution and tickets, as many of my tailgating friends could not afford not to defer.

I can only think that they wanted many to defer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At Va Tech, they are giving 5X bonus points based on giving

Aug 21, 2020, 7:52 PM

At Va Tech, they are giving 5X bonus priority points based upon a donor's 2020 giving level if you let them keep your donation.
This may be more fair than IPTAY's offer of 100 bonus points for each and every donor giving level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My beefs IPTAY

Aug 22, 2020, 9:01 AM

agree, a flat 100 points for all levels does not make sense. further it would be much more helpful to get all the details about tickets, tailgating to assist in decision. guess its what we get for $7+M in IPTAY overhead. I am inclined to leave my IPTAY contribution as I have supported IPTAY since 1975, but I don't see paying for tickets I don't end up getting. I'd like to see IPTATY take steps to cut back its overhead and remember its roots... loyalty should count more. its beginning to feel like "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR IPTAY LATELY" Go TIGERS!

Aug 22, 2020, 12:23 PM

I gave up on loyalty counting for anything more than being loyal. You continuously give and give and have to increase the giving over time just to maintain the pace w/what you were originally getting for your donation. Stood outside in the ‘97 and ‘98 seasons most days through the first quarter just trying to get $5 a piece for tickets no one wanted. Been giving since ‘82 and loyalty means no more today than it did than when we joined almost 40 years ago. It’s not about us(IPTAY members) ,it’s about what all they can get out of you and how much you’ll let them get away with it.

Aug 22, 2020, 6:30 PM

Welcome to the real world. I’ve been a member 41 years myself. With ALL the options that are available to each member, my best advice would be to do what feels right and serves you best, financially and otherwise.

If IPTAY had put a bonus point scale from high to low, the gripe would be they ONLY care about the big dollar donors. Everyone knows the funds pay for athletic scholarships, but we all know everyone’s main concern is what seats and parking can I get. Just think it over and do what your convictions tell you

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: My beefs IPTAY ]

And yes, you will get the details just by waiting until next week. Then u can decide. No one had to opt out yesterday. You can still do that next week

Aug 22, 2020, 11:27 PM

The first letter stated we needed to opt out by Friday and mentioned nothing about having another opportunity to opt out... I opted out too soon like many others... The letter came out Thursday about saying can opt out next week which did not help those who redshirted before Thursday night.

Aug 23, 2020, 9:01 AM

The first email asked if you wanted to opt out. If you knew you didn’t want to go to games This year, for health reasons etc, the redshirt was available. If you were interested in tickets, no action necessary. You would be contacted later.

Aug 23, 2020, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: My beefs IPTAY ]

Iptay doesn’t care about the fans. Several friends parking has been moved and that’s just a small something

You've always been only good as your next check.....***

Aug 23, 2020, 5:05 AM [ in reply to Re: My beefs IPTAY ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson Family”

Aug 23, 2020, 7:04 AM

????????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2020, 8:35 AM

I have some beefs about my wife and kids, but I love them.

I love IPTAY too. The organization of Clemson supporters has enabled a small, comparatively poor public university to compete at the highest level in college football. IPTAY has always been run by the boosters themselves and does what the Board of Trustees of the organization thinks is wise for our school,our athletes and the boosters who support Clemson athletics. The workers and leaders of IPTAY for the past 50 years while I have been paying attention have largely been Clemson graduates who love our school and are willing to work to help assure Clemson can compete at the highest levels. I have known some of those workers, BOT members and Presidents personally and believe they have done great work in support of Clemson, our athletes and me, a relatively small donor who loves Clemson football.

I have no problem with the creative solution IPTAY helped develop to assist the school during the huge financial crisis posed by Covid. That crisis threatens to destroy our ability to play equally with bigger schools who have more really large individual donors.

Can I find something to beef about with IPTAY and then complain out loud about it? I suppose I could if I looked hard enough to find something about which I could complain. I think doing so would be petty and mostly about myself and not Clemson and the athletic programs I support and to which I am loyal.

I love IPTAY.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ^^^^^^^^

Aug 23, 2020, 9:03 AM

Well said!

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,711
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic