Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson, Chick-fil-a kickoff and future OOC schedules
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,593

Clemson, Chick-fil-a kickoff and future OOC schedules

Jul 20, 2018, 12:22 PM

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/acc/clemson-tigers.php

We've got a H/H with aTm the next 2 years as we know, but then after that, we've got 3 out of four years with Notre Dame. 2021 is the exception.

So 2021 is a likely year to play someone in a neutral site since there would be 3 years before a return trip could be made. I doubt we or a major opponent would want to play a road game with the return being that far away.

2024 - 2026 is another uneven gap that needs to be tended to because of ND scheduling. So that's probably where the rumors about a "home home" neutral series with UGA in ATL comes in.

At the very least some combination of 21, 24-26 sounds like it will be UGA for 3 games and I'm guessing the other game will be neutral. The 4th could be with UGA also, but because of the gaps its very unlikely to be 4 years home and home.

After these, the ND games leave us manageable 2-year gaps so we can get back to a normal schedule rotation with regional opponents.

So if the rumors are true and my calculations based on those rumors are true, we have one year between now and 2037 where we are likely to play a nonconference neutral site game (other than the UGA Series). Who do you want to play and where do you want to play them?

I think I'd like to see us play Penn State in Indianapolis.

With a close second being vs. Ohio State in Bristol. Both fan bases can go to Gatlinburg after the game. lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Wyoming in 2021 is already sold out! Can't wait!!***

Jul 20, 2018, 1:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No to Bristol for any game. That gimmick has gone away

Jul 20, 2018, 1:26 PM

I hope.

That 2020 ACC schedule will be interesting, opening with

Jul 20, 2018, 1:31 PM

2 conference games.

Here's 3 for ya...

Jul 20, 2018, 1:34 PM

1) Florida in the Mercedes-Benz stadium (ATL). Fans in the SEC tend to be mouthy. Taking down an SEC historical powerhouse is a lot of fun. And we haven't played Florida since 1961.

2) I'd like to play Texas in AT&T Stadium (Jerryworld). I want to go to that venue and really #### off some Longhorn fans by beating them like a rug. We see Oklahoma a lot in the post season, so if you want a Big 12 matchup, give me Texas. Also, screw Rick Barnes.

3) Stanford in AT&T. We've played (and beaten) Stanford only 1 time: 1986. They have been a great program the past 10 years and I'd love to play them. I'm intrigued by the Pac 12 every year. Are they actually any good at football? It's hard to tell based on their conference play... much like the SEC. Unlike the SEC, they typically go underappreciated in the polls. And Dallas seems like a fair neutral site.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could see Clemson agreeing to play Alabama in

Jul 20, 2018, 2:22 PM

Birmingham as a neutral site game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,593
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic