»
Topic: Clemson Boys on SHARK Tank got Mark Cuban to invest $100K for 20% of their business.
Replies: 18   Last Post: Apr 8, 2019 10:45 AM by: Knuck®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 18  

Clemson Boys on SHARK Tank got Mark Cuban to invest $100K for 20% of their business.

[6]
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 10:34 PM

They wanted to give up only 10% of their busness but gave in, to Mark.

Product is a light-weight cooler with zippers that wraps around & holds 12 or 24 pack of already chilled canned beer for 7 additional hours.

Kanga Kase is the name of product but comes in great colors, small carry size, very stylish and any logo or name can be put on it.

Busch Beer Co is testing it and ordered thousands to start.

I want one!!

Go TiGERS.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Just got a deal from Mark Cuban. Good job!

[2]
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 10:46 PM

Nm

Re: Clemson Boys on SHARK Tank now for Investment Loan!

[2]
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 10:48 PM

They came across very well !!
So glad Mark Cuban decided to join their team for the Kanga Kooler.

2019 orange level member

Re: Clemson Boys on SHARK Tank now for Investment Loan!

[1]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 12:55 AM

That's bc a Clemson man needs no introduction!!!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Kanga Kase***

[1]
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 10:52 PM

Re: Clemson Boys on SHARK Tank got Mark Cuban to invest $100K for 20% vs the 10% they wanted.

[2]
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 10:52 PM

Proud of those 3 tigers.good luck to them.

People were making fun of it on here earlier but

[2]
Posted: Apr 7, 2019 11:14 PM

it's not a bad idea if it works well and the price is right. Lightweight and takes up basically no extra space. Who doesn't like cold beer?

2019 white level member

Re: People were making fun of it on here earlier but

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 1:12 AM

If I'm going to drink a beer, it has to be cold, and those Yeti containers for 12-0z cans work really well especially if you have two of them, keep one in the ice with the beer while you're using the other one!!!

Re: Clemson Boys on SHARK Tank got Mark Cuban to invest $100K for 20% vs the 10% they wanted.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 12:02 AM

Awful business decision by them to take that. They could easily just a $100,000 loan at he bank

[1]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 12:28 AM

The combination of their product with Mark Cuban behind them will likely result in these three Tigers becoming more successful than a loan at the bank could ever hope to.

Mark is also very savvy at recognizing and protecting intellectual property, which can often be more valuable than the product or even the company.

It’ll be fun to watch the evolution of these entrepreneurs.

2019 purple level member

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 1:14 AM

Absolutely!!!

[1]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 12:03 AM

Awful business decision by them to take that. They could easily just a $100,000 loan at he bank

[3]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 12:14 AM

The bank doesn't have the knowledge or connections Mark does. If Mark wants it to work they will be set for life through volume of business!

2019 white level member

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!
We’ll make it 4 fingers and two thumbs over the U of s_c.???????
This team is ready to grow, get better & peak the 1st week of January 2020!!
We will win our 4th National Championship at 15-0 making it 3 Championships over the last 4 years!

[1]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 12:33 AM

correct. Cuban didn't invest his 100k with the expectation of making 10% on his money. I wish them well and hope they make a ton of money. I'm not sure I would buy one. Most of the time I use my cooler to get room temp. drinks cold, not just keep already cold ones cool.

[2]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 1:06 AM

It's a niche product. Certainly a Yeti (or clone) will keep uh, soda, cold for a long time. But you aren't toting a Yeti from the east side of campus to a tailgate at the stadium. It was indeed designed to carry a carton of beer without toting a big cooler.

[2]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 12:22 AM

Saw it. They had their act together for certain. Mark saw an immediate winner: Clemson Men, a cool product, and intellectual property.

Go Tigers. I’ll take one.

2019 purple level member

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 7:19 AM

Nice idea for those that drink beer from aluminum can I guess. Me, I never have liked the cans and prefer bottles. Something is just off with beer in aluminum and it is almost like I can taste it. I do hope that make bank on their idea though.

I already bought 3

[1]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 7:49 AM

Gotta support our Tiger brethren. These are going to be great presents.

2019 student level member

Snowflake Basher........Out

This young lady who got $60k from Shark Tank

[2]
Posted: Apr 8, 2019 10:45 AM

is the daughter of a Clemson grad, and they have grown her business from being local to Austin TX to nationwide distribution through Whole Foods and other grocer and retail chains. This youtube link was an interview on one of the nationally syndicated talk shows that she has been on.

https://youtu.be/1CjTbki9m8U

Pick up some of the product, it's actually pretty good and I really don't care for the different flavors of lemonade.

2019 white level member

Replies: 18  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 in Sec UC or UD asking 1400 each, great view of the game, email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
2316 people have read this post