Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is your favorite Clemson possession (excluding diplomas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

What is your favorite Clemson possession (excluding diplomas

Apr 22, 2020, 1:32 PM

and class rings). Mine is a football my father-in-law brought me back from the 2016 Fiesta Bowl, autographed by Dwight Clark (RIP) and Archie Griffin

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine is the final possession of the 2016 national

Apr 22, 2020, 1:32 PM

championship game. DW4 commanded the offense and they went out on the field to become legendary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well played, +1

Apr 22, 2020, 1:37 PM

I should edit the original post to say favorite Clemson item of memorabilia...that would show you!

On a serious note, mine is a picture of Dabo with my

Apr 22, 2020, 1:45 PM

son who was 2 at the time. We were at a Clemson baseball game and saw him ~9 years ago. Unfortunately Brad Brownell is in the picture too, so I will eventually need to crop him out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: On a serious note, mine is a picture of Dabo with my

Apr 22, 2020, 2:31 PM

just retouch the photo like the russians used to do after a purge or photo shopping to put someone else in bb's place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I seriously HATE IT when I have to TU a gwpcoot post.

Apr 22, 2020, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Mine is the final possession of the 2016 national ]

Good thing I'm full-body flooding with bleach every hour.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: What is your favorite Clemson possession (excluding diplomas

Apr 22, 2020, 1:34 PM

My bright orange and purple Clemson golf bag and playing golf here in the state of Alabama while using it. It does a heart good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 1:44 PM

I could say my transcript ..... but I’d be telling a Lie!

I have many keepsakes from my Clemson days. One that I especially like is the ceramic mugs that were given to each who attended the Jr./Sr. Prom. In 1964. I bet a lot of guys still have their rat hats. That would be high on anyone’s list.

Apr 22, 2020, 2:35 PM

still have my rat hat from'64.can't pick a favorite.too much memorabilia.love it all and the memories associated therewith.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 22, 2020, 1:47 PM

My Ticket stub from the 1981 Championship game, the year I graduated.

Apr 23, 2020, 12:27 PM

Posting for @Tigerbalm1

Apr 22, 2020, 1:47 PM

I was a freshman at Clemson in 1984 and stayed in Johnstone. I ate at Harcombe like everyone else. We made a bar (think alcoholic bar) in our room -- times were different back then. We had some utensils from Harcombe for various needs. I have kept a particular spoon from then and still have and use it today.

Noobs take note

Apr 22, 2020, 1:50 PM

This is how you first post.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Noobs take note

Apr 22, 2020, 1:52 PM

I signed up to get in on the Johnstone discussion a few weeks ago, but by the time the registration finished up, the post seemed old so I didn't. Got to start somewhere. Been reading for years, not much for talking.

Re: Noobs take note

Apr 22, 2020, 2:24 PM

+1 for post. Take note of how you acknowledge a good post. jk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: What is your favorite Clemson possession (excluding diplomas ]

I have a spoon & a fork from the mid - “60s - both have “CDH” engraved on them for Clemson Dining Hall - statute of limitations expired

Apr 22, 2020, 1:52 PM

My regalia, aka my purple pimp suit... but that is kinda too close to the ring/diploma.

After that, I have a few photos of my kids with the tiger. It was a bit of "meeting you heor" look on their faces.

Apr 22, 2020, 1:57 PM

Clemson megaphones. Back in the late 50s-early 60s the concession stands sold popcorn in mini-replicas of the megaphones that the cheerleaders used. When you finished eating you could use them to cheer through. And then when the game ended you'd use them for player autographs. Still got about a half dozen or so with the John Hancock of many Tiger greats. Priceless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Apr 22, 2020, 2:27 PM

Picture of my son and CDS touching the rock. He attended camp 2 years ago.

Clemson Block C letter jacket***

Apr 22, 2020, 2:33 PM

Apr 22, 2020, 2:35 PM

My son has a football signed by Dabo, two baseballs, one from Chase Pender and the other from K.J. Bryant.

Mine are memories going there when I was a kid and watching my son enjoy his time at the ball games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 2:37 PM
bobbleheads.jpg(128.6 K)

class ring and these bad boys from each championship and a pen holder

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My grandfathers 1924 Clemson ring***

Apr 22, 2020, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 22, 2020, 2:54 PM

A Friend found a Clemson A&M Pennant that was His Grandfather's and gave it to me. My Father-in-law was a !943 Graduate and I was able to show it to him before he passed away in 2018. It hangs on the wall beside His Block C Letter! Very Special!

My bride of 37 years... met her my sophomore year

Apr 22, 2020, 3:03 PM

Come to think of it, it's probably the other way around...she possesses me.

Apr 22, 2020, 3:04 PM

I have one of the limited edition footballs that I got Dabo & the entire D-line to autograph for the ‘16 championship season

Apr 22, 2020, 3:29 PM

Game ball from 1982 Orange Bowl signed by Danny Ford and Tom Osborne.

Takes the trophy... but at least I have 2 of the programs.***

Apr 25, 2020, 12:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 3:52 PM

My Diploma and Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant. Those have improved my life and hence, my happiness more than any another memorabilla I might have.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess this is technically Clemson's possessions, but

Apr 22, 2020, 4:19 PM

my name is in concrete on the Senior Walk between Riggs and Tillman. I also have a brick with my name on it at DKS. My name used to be in brass on a plaque in Lowry Hall for an academic award, but I couldn't find the plaque the last time I was there about 2 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

So many but how bout the 1st 3’ x 5’ Orange Cotton PAW Flag I waved..

Apr 22, 2020, 6:35 PM

from 1977-1992 b/4 putting it in moth balls. Traveled with it to umpteen Bowls, to NDame, to Ga, to Md, to UNC, to NCst, to SC & to Jan 1982 Natty win.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My name was in Lowry also...

Apr 22, 2020, 8:30 PM [ in reply to I guess this is technically Clemson's possessions, but ]

I etched it into a wood table down in the labs while in grad school. I’m sure it’s no longer there :)

Re: I guess this is technically Clemson's possessions, but

Apr 22, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to I guess this is technically Clemson's possessions, but ]

I have my name on the sidewalk as part of the 1989 Centennial graduation. I used to always walk over the names from the 60's and think that was cool. I also have a brick from another degree in engineering in 1993 that's on a wall somewhere. I actually have never seen it, but friends have. Whenever I do go to Clemson I always go check the sidewalk.

Re: I guess this is technically Clemson's possessions, but

Apr 23, 2020, 12:05 PM

Good one. I also have my name in the class of 89 sidewalk. For some reason, they also did it in 92 when I got my grad degree, so I I thst one too. My dad was class if 63 and has his name on the sidewalk going from Ft. Hill street to the shoeboxes next to the retaining wall.

A possession in my house: A football signed by the 1981 team, including that young coach we had.

I guess I would go with the box of ticket stubs from all of

Apr 22, 2020, 6:49 PM

the Clemson events I have attended over the years. For different reasons different items and groups of items bring back great memories of Clemson, friends, family, and places. For instance the basket ball stubs remind me of all the times we sat under the basket, wearing sweatshirts with paws all over them, yelling for the Tigers. Specifically remember seeing Len Bias from that locale, and him threatening to whip a Clemson guy that was yelling at him the entire first half. Also remember clearly Grayson Marshall defending Danny Ferry in a box-in-on defense. He CLEARLY had Ferry frustrated. And don't get me started on the football memories!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess I would go with the box of ticket stubs from all of

Apr 22, 2020, 7:16 PM

Clemson penant from 1962 or 63 (bought at a UofSC game attended with Boy Scouts, they had all ACC teams). Two Orange Clemson jerseys with purple numbers bought at the Book Store after Hootie changed the uniforms in '70 (missed thhe few purple jerseys by a few minutes). Tickets from 1981 OB, 2016 and 2018 NC. 1st two are framed with SI issues. 2018 waiting on bookend 2020 to go with it!

Apr 22, 2020, 7:48 PM

Has to be my ring number 1.
My memories and pictures number 2.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Apr 22, 2020, 8:22 PM

Personal letter from President Clements the week following the death of our son. It is not just my most prized Clemson possession, but my most priceless possession, period. Upon my departure, it will be passed on to my daughter, 2010 Clemson Honors graduate.

Second, is my 1976 Clemson vs South Carolina game program. It was my first rivalry game at Death Valley. Dad took me and we sat on the hill. I was so blown away, the next Spring I applied to only one school. It was Clemson or straight to the military for me.

Third, my son’s autographed football from the 2001 Clemson team, given to him by a friend who worked in the athletic department. He treasured that gift, and an arrowhead I once gave him, more than anything he ever owned.

Apr 22, 2020, 8:25 PM

1. Framed picture of 2016 national championship game where I found myself in the picture seated in the lower deck.

2. 1927 Clemson football player (leather helmet with block C on uniform) doll and a purple and orange stuffed Tiger toy animal.

3. Football tickets from my attendance at 2016 and 2018 national championship game.

Apr 22, 2020, 9:19 PM

Two from the same day last summer. My daughter and I bumped into Coach Swinney at TigerTown Graphics. She started at Clemson this past fall. We got a photo with Dabo together and then he signed my favorite Clemson ballcap I’ve had since the mid-90’s. They can bury me with that cap, but I don’t think I can get any family member to promise they won’t keep it for themselves!

I’d have to go with the

Apr 23, 2020, 1:20 PM

Piece of The Rock I bought of this punk for $40 about 8 year ago!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 1:24 PM

Got to be my purple overalls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cliff Austin's orange game "britches" from 1981.***

Apr 23, 2020, 1:26 PM

Apr 25, 2020, 12:35 AM

A simple Clemson drink cup because I was able to take my Dad who was 85 at the time to the Clemson vs Coots game on 2018. It is as all because of a very generous Tigernet member unselfishly gave me 4 tickets and a parking pass. It was one of the best times ever attending a Clemson game. At the time my mom was terminally ill. However, the best game ever was the 1981 NC game at the Orange Bowl in Miami. Both my mom and dad were there. I bought a banner for my mom.

Apr 25, 2020, 8:12 AM

A picture of my dad holding me up in front of my first home - Fike Field House ca.1952. Second choice a 1 gal stainless steel pitcher from Clemson A&M College mess hall. Still in use today.

Would love to see that photo

Apr 25, 2020, 10:04 AM

nm

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic