Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Baseball 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Clemson Baseball 2019

Jun 4, 2018, 6:26 PM

First and for most it’s a tough way on going out and was excited for this team all year and one of the better ones I’ve seen. We were young and expect a lot to return. Great article today about what’s next. I agree with letting pitchers go deep to save some arms of a pitcher is that good he can locate and such even if it’s hits time with lineup. I coach currently and have played. Yes you can piece things together here and there but long run you gotta have arms no matter if hitters are on or off. If rely on one or two guys then others have no experience come post season where everyone is needed. I think this year having Marr, weatherly, strider, and company helped some and taking a good step there. I love the long ball as much as anyone but we can’t have guys swinging for fences every time and be the hero. I liked the St. John’s game the best from offense standpoint this regional. We had some timely hits and then a hr here and there and moving runners over we have a solid offense and usually do just need that work in pitching. Here is where I question in what we have coming back and who goes. Obviously I’d like beer back as much as anyone else but he is gone and so is Williams , Cromwell , jolly. Who else is gone? By looking at lineup it looks a lot will return and even our hurlers. But I know it’s this day and age for guys getting drafted outta hs and early from school everyone hates school just about but love playing the game more in college just from a atmosphere prospective doesn’t compare to pros. But really think on not just this year but previous on how good clemson could be if guys came back and a lot of those guys from hs that get drafted that committed to clemson didn’t sign pro. What your thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Baseball 2019

Jun 4, 2018, 7:04 PM

First......paragraphs are your friend.

To your thoughts regarding hs players going pro....underclassmen signing early....can't stop it. Everybody else deals with it too.

Problem is, CU is a high-profile destination for a hs player of top-shelf ability. Pros with money gonna rule. Jeff Franceur would have come. Ethan Somebody from Stepehens County, Ga. would have come. And others. Believe they went first round. Big bucks. Can't blame them.

Mickey Plyler harranged one of the best coaches in the annals of college baseball.....Jack Leggett....for not advancing his last couple/few years at Clemson.
God bless Monte....he's exactly where Jack was. Let's hope Plyler doesn't get into a tissy about Monte now.

Leggett AVERAGED over 43 wins for 22 years. Repeat....Leggett AVERAGED OVER 43 WINS FOR 22 YEARS AT CLEMSON.
And Plyler wanted him fired.

Give Monte a chance...he'll do okay. (And put Leggett on the wall, imo).

Re: Clemson Baseball 2019

Jun 4, 2018, 8:17 PM

I understand your frustration with high school guys leaving for big leagues... all I can say on that is I hope and pray we can get meadows from Grayson HS to forgo the draft and come to Tigertown. He is extremely good and having him to come in and fill one of the 2 outfield holes we are left with would be huge. Would be an immediate impact player from what I’ve read. Would like someone to make a whole post on a rundown on our recruiting class for this year and who we have coming in lol

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

forget about him.not coming***

Jun 4, 2018, 10:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: forget about him.not coming***

Jun 5, 2018, 3:33 AM

I said I know hs top picks aren’t coming and guys like beer but just food for thought. Yes it sucks and I know others deal with it. Just was wanting to see what y’all thoughts were. I think we need to build deep staff because other teams are kicking our ### in post season and have arms. That’s hurt us in leggett days and now. I never said I won’t Monte gone. I like that he is more of a players coach and has fun. Not saying jack didn’t I’ve met him on several occasions and went to his baseball camp and knew guys who played for him. No one should hate him or Monte. That’s sad. I know it’s part of the job in coaching and about winning I’m a coach at the hs level and some teams have higher standards at different levels in all sports. We are one. But I’d love us in building some depth on the mound. We have some guys returning and I think throwing strider and some of those mid weeks were huge and higgy and weekend Guys will be ready and more experience gained from this year. Offense stand point I love the long ball as anyone else does but you can’t just rely on that. It’s obvious from several guys just trying to jack it out and some fans and media saying oh jack one beer or Williams or whoever. We were top in the country in hr and that’s awesome but sometimes ball isn’t gonna fly and you gotta play ball and move runners and so on. Hrs will fall I know. The other stuff great teams do well. It showed this regional by not having deep staff and relying on certain ones. Also by trying to jack em and we couldn’t hit slow pitching vs morehead. I know everyone had bad days and slump I’m just speaking my mind and thoughts. But I would love to see who we have coming in and who should be back and be gone. But where our class ranks. I wish they would do it like they do football or basketball recruiting but I can’t find anything much.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic