Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson & creating legit Heisman contenders ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 949

Clemson & creating legit Heisman contenders ...

Sep 10, 2012, 11:45 AM

With Sammy on the sidelines, Nuk has impressed the media so far ... looking at the stat sheet from Ball State, I was surprised he only had 6 catches.

Did we pull him out too soon on Sat? Is he gonna need gaudy numbers week in / week out to be a serious Heisman candidate?

I know the concern about injury, and I know the importance of big game performances, but it seems if you really, really want a seat in NYC, you gotta roll the dice, especially if you're an ACC school.

How far should Nuk go against Furman?

What we learned from CJ Spiller is that a Clemson Heisman candidate needs to be head and shoulders above everyone else.

Debate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CJs problem was Clemson

Sep 10, 2012, 11:48 AM

We lost too many games. A Heisman guy can't be on a team that loses more than 2 games it seems. Plus CJ had like 2 avg or below games that yr.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about George Rogers at Carolina? I don't......

Sep 10, 2012, 12:01 PM

remember them being a powerhouse when he won and their program didn't have a reputation for being bigtime.

Even last year, Baylor hasn't been real successful over the past few years but Griffin won.

I think it's who the media gets behind and pushes as much as anything.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The heisman used to be given to the best player in CFB...

Sep 10, 2012, 12:04 PM

now it's given to the best player on the best team, which isn't how it should be.

Re: The heisman used to be given to the best player in CFB...

Sep 28, 2022, 2:19 PM

Last year it wasn't

RGIII's performance yesterday begs to differ***

Sep 10, 2012, 12:37 PM

Heisman's are won w/ big performances against good team...

Sep 10, 2012, 12:13 PM [ in reply to What about George Rogers at Carolina? I don't...... ]

George Rogers rushed for more than 100 yards against very good S. Cal, Michigan & Georgia teams that year that helped his candidacy. & he led the nation in rushing.

Today it takes a good performance against a good team on national TV to ignite a Heisman candidacy. If a Clemson player(s) have a standout game against FSU (& win), they'll instantly move into the Heisman race.

Re: Clemson & creating legit Heisman contenders ...

Sep 10, 2012, 12:35 PM

One thing Clemson does not do against the inferior opponents are:
1) Run up the score
2) Make a point to get the ball to the Heisman contender to pad their numbers

I agree you have to have a great performance against a great team but you also need to have gaudy numbers against the crappy teams. Some teams will ride their Heisman guys against the FCS teams until their numbers for the day are "Heisman like" numbers. Clemson does not do this. As soon as the game is comfortable the starters sit and the backups get the playing time.

IMO...

Sep 10, 2012, 12:37 PM

if anyone on the team will be in contention, it will
be Boyd.

Sammy,in 2013.

Replies: 8
| visibility 949
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic