Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson - Oklahoma
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Clemson - Oklahoma

Dec 7, 2014, 8:11 PM

While it may not be a big game for most of you, I have been waiting for this game my entire life. I grew up in a house divided between Tigers and Sooners. My dad went to Oklahoma, my mom Clemson. They met 2 weeks after the 1989 Citrus Bowl, the most recent meeting between the two schools in which Coach Ford's Tigers pulled out a 13-6 win against the #10 Sooners in Barry Switzer's final game. For my 20 years, a Clemson-Oklahoma rivalry has always existed in my house, my dad always bragging about Oklahoma's 7 national championships and 5 Heisman winners, my mom pointing to the most recent meeting in 1989 as proof that the Tigers are superior. For many years, once a year, I would fly out to Norman or Dallas with my dad to watch the Sooners play, and most other weekend in the fall, we would be in Clemson watching the Tigers. Now, in 2014, I am a junior at Clemson, and on the night before my parents celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary, we will finally get the rematch that they have waited 26 years for and the game I have waited 20 years for. Here's to hoping for another Clemson W and 26 more years of bragging rights for my mom and me!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson - Oklahoma

Dec 7, 2014, 8:21 PM

Well at least SOMEBODY is happy.

Re: Clemson - Oklahoma

Dec 7, 2014, 8:24 PM

I'm happy , and that is an interesting back story . +1 and
Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

With Stoudt playing ...all I can say is good luck.

Dec 7, 2014, 8:23 PM

nm

OMG lets hope NOT!***

Dec 8, 2014, 6:28 AM

Great story, young Tiger, and well-written! +1***

Dec 8, 2014, 6:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice except last word should be me not i....lol lol***

Dec 8, 2014, 8:45 AM

"BOOMer" the Sooners!

Dec 8, 2014, 8:51 AM

GoTiGERS....git er done!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My House is Divided Too

Dec 8, 2014, 10:11 AM

My wife's entire family is from Oklahoma and all are Sooner fans. They live in Norman, less than five minutes from Owen Field and the campus. Her dad and older brother attended OU, her sister currently is a sophomore, and her younger brother will likely attend next fall. She went to Mizzou, but she's always bled crimson and cream.

I have found OU fans to be really outstanding. Got to go to the Bedlam game a few years ago and had a blast. Unlike another red-wearing team, they have a true tradition that's bigger even than ours... three dozen or so conference titles and five national titles is not chump change.

That being said, my house in Beaufort is divided, and if we win, I may never be invited back to Thanksgiving! GO TIGERS! See y'all in Orlando...

Re: My House is Divided Too

Dec 8, 2014, 12:23 PM

Pigs of cream?

FOUL!

Dec 8, 2014, 3:31 PM [ in reply to My House is Divided Too ]

To correct your error you will need to post pics of your wife's sister.

Oh, and you wife.

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

We have no shot this time aroud***

Dec 8, 2014, 12:20 PM

Have you always been a c student 74%?***

Dec 8, 2014, 3:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic