Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lame excuse for any coach in any sport
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,414

Lame excuse for any coach in any sport

Mar 3, 2013, 5:14 PM

"He wasn't on the field" "he didn't drop that ball" "he didn't miss the shot". The coach is accountable in all aspects of the program. That is how this thing works. The coach recruits the players. If they are just not good enough to play at a level expected that is on him. That goes for any coach (that is allowed to recruit). It is on you to get players that can perform. It is also his job to develop the player so these mistakes do not happen often or during crucial situations.

I just don't see how certain guys get away with murder while other coaches catch all kinds of grief. Lets stop with excuses. 20 out of 28, 99-80-1, 2 in 20 years, 0 in 20 years. If I told you that stat line on any other coach in a Clemson uniform he would have been sent out of here packing A LONG TIME AGO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lame excuse for any coach in any sport

Mar 3, 2013, 5:26 PM

excellent comments

Mar 3, 2013, 5:30 PM

Right on the money

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2013, 5:38 PM

It is all recruiting. You need to get a clue. Good players don't make the errors. See the gamecocks.

Tell us who do you think would want to come here if we...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:19 PM

fired a Hall of Fame coach. Sorry, but you're confusing college baseball with college football, where quality coaches will overlook knee jerk reactions in the ousting of a previous coach. Just look at the MLB, to Braves fans and a lot of baseball fans Bobby Cox is a legend. In any other sport, Bobby Cox wouldn't have lasted past the 2000 season, with all the choke jobs the Braves pulled under Bobby Cox. Learn your sports, Baseball is just completely different from football or basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell us who do you think would want to come here if we...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:26 PM

Another excuse that is just downright moronic is the one listed above. The "who are we gonna get" excuse. I know my sports. I know this program. I am sure you were one of the ones who was saying "who are we gonna get" after we fired Bowden.

But to answer your question. We have a guy on staff right now that if given the reins would take this program back to where it was. Brad Lecroy.

Drops Mic. Walks away

Wrong again, I wanted Bowden gone after the 2004 season...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:33 PM

I never believed in Bowden after the 2001 season, after the 2004 season I knew it was time to move on from Bowden. You're comparing a Hall of Fame coach to a coach that never won a conference title or went to a BCS game. And you're comparing two sports that handle coaching situations in completely different ways.

Takes Mic. Slams it against the head of palemettoson to knock some sense into him.

Re: Wrong again, I wanted Bowden gone after the 2004 season...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:40 PM

Bowden would have won 2 conference championships if given 2 decades to get checked off. Leggett came into a program that was dominant. That kicked everyone's ### and took names. Ever since that point we have been on a downward trend.

The two situations are very similiar. Leggett has little actual accomplishments to his resume. 2 acc titles in 20 years. That is it. That is the only thing in the trophy case. And don't list out wins. Any ####### with a brain could put up wins at Clemson in 2 freaking decades.

Be made about it. Act like your going to knock some sense into somebody like a freaking internet tough guy. Doesn't matter to me. You see it. Everyone sees it. Keep acting like it is not there.

Fact: Leggett has had more success in 20 seasons than...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:47 PM

Bill Wilhelm did in 36 seasons. Fact: Leggett is a Hall of Fame coach. Fact: you started the internet tough guy talk with the "Drops Mic, walks away", when in fact you didn't walk away.

Re: Fact: Leggett has had more success in 20 seasons than...

Mar 3, 2013, 6:53 PM

Lmao I started it with "drop mic and walks away" Are you serious bro. Your a functioning moron with sensitivity issues if you think that is tough guy. In those 36 years Bill won championships. That is what this game is about. That is why you play it. Bill built this program. Comparing Bill to Jack is a complete disgrace to the reputation of Coach Wilhelm

Bill Wilhelm never won a national title…..

Mar 3, 2013, 7:27 PM

he won those conference titles in a much smaller ACC. For about 29 of Bill Wilhelm's tenure at Clemson, the ACC was a 6-8 team conference versus the 9-14 team conference that Leggett will coach through.

Clearly you do NOT know your sports....

Mar 3, 2013, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell us who do you think would want to come here if we... ]

Especially College baseball. Coaching success is measured differently than in any other sport. Those calling for Jack's head are clueless. Here are stats that matter even more:

0 Coaching jobs.
0 Rosters made.
0 Games played.
0 Positions of influence in the hiring and firing of our coaches.

Who do these stats belong to? YOU! And most of the nut cases calling for JL's job.

Mic gently laid aside, adjusts tie, turns, and walks away with dignity. Boyah!

Re: Clearly you do NOT know your sports....

Mar 3, 2013, 6:43 PM

Seattle,

What does my resume mean to the current situation. This is literally like arguing with a freaking 8 year old. Come up with legit reasons for his pathetic performance? Legit. Legit doesn't mean talking about some random message board poster's baseball resume.

Explain what has happened to this program. Explain to us how this program has now reached irrelevant status.

Re: Clearly you do NOT know your sports....

Mar 3, 2013, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Clearly you do NOT know your sports.... ]

Ah one of the most idiotic arguments that can be made congrats.

Nothing like the "you cant do better argument"

null

Mar 3, 2013, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Tell us who do you think would want to come here if we... ]

Knee jerk? The guy has one Championship in 18 years

null

Mar 3, 2013, 6:44 PM

He actually has 2 in 20 I believe. 1 every decade. Bill would not be happy with that level of performance.

Leggett made it to the same number of college world series..

Mar 3, 2013, 6:51 PM

in half the time that Wilhelm did. Fact: Bill Wilhelm handpicked Jack Leggett as his successor. I don't think Bill Wilhelm would think to much of your level of performance as a fan. Also, how many baseball games have you attended so far this season?

Re: Leggett made it to the same number of college world series..

Mar 3, 2013, 6:54 PM

A) that is a slap in the face to Coach Wilhelm and it is pathetic you would stoop to that level. Making to to Omaha is MUCH easier now than before when the tournament fields were much smaller. Pathetic any CLEMSON fan would take a shot at him like that.

B) what difference does it make if we have been to a game this year?

null

it wasn't a shot, it was a fact…..

Mar 3, 2013, 7:30 PM

What difference does it make? If you're going to get so upset over something at least be a contributing fan to the sport you're getting so upset over. If you don't ever attend the games, then you have no place to complain, unless your a fan that is too poor to afford to go to the games.

Re: it wasn't a shot, it was a fact…..

Mar 3, 2013, 7:43 PM

I am 27 and live in Charleston with a mortgage and new wife. I went to EVERY home game when I was a student. The ring on my finger gives me the right to an opinion. I am sorry that I don't believe in oppression of thought.

null

Re: it wasn't a shot, it was a fact…..

Mar 3, 2013, 7:47 PM [ in reply to it wasn't a shot, it was a fact….. ]

And it was a shot. Fact is you are comparing apples to oranges in your pathetic attempt to discredit the man who built Tiger Baseball.

Jack took a great program and did little with it.

One championship in 18 years should not be acceptable.

null

Jack has been to 6 college world series…...

Mar 3, 2013, 7:50 PM

and thats little to you. You are showing your ignorance of our baseball programs history. We had a good Baseball team before Bill Wilhelm. When Wilhelm took over the baseball team was very good. Learn some history. And living in Charleston isn't an excuse for never attending a game throughout the season.

Re: Jack has been to 6 college world series…...

Mar 3, 2013, 8:01 PM

"never attend" where the hell did I say Im not going to a game this year? I have been to at least one home game since graduating. Most years more than that.

Are you even a Clemson Alumni?

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Re: Leggett made it to the same number of college world series..

Mar 3, 2013, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Leggett made it to the same number of college world series.. ]

I attended 2 of the Will and Mary series, 2 Wright State, and 2 CU/Scar. I am a season ticket holder.

What does that have to do with our coach? Honestly, when it gets to the point where you literally cannot come up with anything else to defend your coach you stoop to this. The "your not a true fan" argument.

Good lawd man get a grip. Can you not look at this objectively. Congratulations for Leggett making it to the elite 8 those times. Where is the trophy for that. Also he has only made it there 1 freaking time in the past 6 YEARS. 99-80, 2 championships in 20 years, 20 out of 28.....I don't know why you cannot see this. OPEN YOUR EYES. Bobby Bowden was a good coach. At some point you have to move on. It happens to everyone

Palmettoson, unfortunately there are people on this

Mar 3, 2013, 8:03 PM

Board who are happy with mediocrity. Bowden lovers after he was retained 4 years to long. Brownell lovers when the program is clearly in free fall. Leggett lovers when it is clear his time has passed. I'm not a "fire everyone" type, but other than Football, Clemson athletics are stagnant.

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,414
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic