Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Classy Gamecock fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Classy Gamecock fan

Nov 26, 2015, 11:48 AM

Mrs Tigerhawk and I were dining at Zorba's in Chapin Tuesday night, seated near an elderly couple in a booth. Both seated on the same side of the booth, how sweet. I overheard their server ask him which team he pulled for (he wasn't wearing any team colors). He replied, an and I'm paraphrasing, "I'm a Gamecock fan but I'd hate to see us spoil Clemson's perfect season. We're done for this year and they have a chance to go all the way."

That got me to wondering, how would I feel if the shoe was on the other foot? Would I be so gracious? Hayull no! But this Gamecock (not Coot) is a true gentleman.

What say you, Tigernet? What would you say if the situation was reversed?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

NEVER EVER EVER...

Nov 26, 2015, 11:52 AM

want them to win anything in any sport till the end of the world. I would be ecstatic to knock them off if they were undefeated. And, IMO, what I have said makes one of the classiest Clemson fan alive

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless him, but I don't think I'd be as gracious...there are

Nov 26, 2015, 11:54 AM

really good people on both sides...
Go Tigers!!

I'd pull for ISIS against the cooters***

Nov 26, 2015, 11:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd pull for ISIS against the cooters***

Nov 26, 2015, 12:08 PM

I would have to draw the line on that one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2015, 12:11 PM

Yea little over the line. But no way would I ever say well shoot their headed towards something special let's help them. I would want to stomp on those dreams

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that was a bit much.....***

Nov 26, 2015, 12:22 PM

We appreciate the enthusiasm, however that was

Nov 26, 2015, 9:04 PM

No "guess" about it. It was terribly insensitive.***

Nov 27, 2015, 12:31 AM [ in reply to I guess that was a bit much.....*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2015, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd pull for ISIS against the cooters*** ]

I agree against a bunch of terrorist b^st^rds that all deserve nothing better than the deepest pit in heyel I would pull for the colts but that is the ONLY time

How bout a tie for ISIS against the cooters***

Nov 26, 2015, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I'd pull for ISIS against the cooters*** ]

N/M

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like fair weathered fowl to me.

Nov 26, 2015, 12:14 PM

But what do I know?
I must admit that I have friends and family that rout for coots. (All are decent folk.) I wouldn't mind seeing them happy like I am right now... If only they would come to their senses!

A man can't sit straddle the fence without...

Nov 26, 2015, 12:16 PM

having the family jewels removed first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My brother is a Gamecock/Alumn and he is pulling for Clemson

Nov 26, 2015, 12:21 PM

I was surprised when he told me that. He is a die-hard fan.

Re: My brother is a Gamecock/Alumn and he is pulling for Clemson

Nov 26, 2015, 1:55 PM

I'm a USC grad too, but I've never pulled for the coots.

Re: Classy Gamecock fan

Nov 26, 2015, 12:23 PM

Always said, I'd rather pull for ""The University of Moscow"" than USUCJR *********** GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for him.

Nov 26, 2015, 12:38 PM

He's being a gentleman. However, what he says and how he feels Saturday may be completely different.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Good for him.

Nov 26, 2015, 12:47 PM

> He's being a gentleman. However, what he says and
> how he feels Saturday may be completely different.

^^^^^What he said. Sometimes it is easier to play the nice card, while secretly praying for the miracle :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for him.

Nov 26, 2015, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Good for him. ]

I agree with countrygentleman . If the ####'# should happen to be playing well and have a chance to win , that nice ole man may be screaming his lungs out .

Nov 26, 2015, 12:40 PM

The problem is not pulling for the coots,but
having to listen to their fan base.
The thing is Carolina has only come close once or twice in winning a conference title
so it's not like their football program is lights better than Clemson.It's nowhere near what we
potentially could do in the next few years under Dabo.
So could I pull for them if they had a chance for a conference championship
or playing for the national championship?
I'll give them an SEC Title(since we don't play in the same conference)
but no way no how could I ever pull for them in the CFP's.

You're An Easy Read

Nov 26, 2015, 12:44 PM

Shows that you are what I say you are - and that's a Cocklover. Carolina is in chapel hill, that's first give away. Second, you've never played sports - obviously. This is not the biggest game and this is arguably the worst team on the schedule. Go home son - you and ironcat. You need to focus on how you win 4 next yr.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

It's the biggest game to me

Nov 26, 2015, 12:50 PM

It would still be the biggest game if they were 0-11.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2015, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Classy Gamecock fan ]

"The problem is not pulling for the coots,but having to listen to their fan base".

True. My Coot son-in-law and nephews have been very quiet this year. Loving the silence.

Nov 26, 2015, 12:54 PM

" I'm a Clemson fan and I hope we stomp the feathers off of them!"

Nov 26, 2015, 12:58 PM

Some of my absolute best friends that I love and would do anything for are gamecock fans. However, I would never pull for USuCk even if I thought it brought them an ounce of happiness. It doesn't bother me because they feel the same way about the number 1 team in the country.

I would love to be able to spoil their season; I would revel

Nov 26, 2015, 1:02 PM

in it.

Having said that, I respect the fine gentleman you describe, and I'm generally as gracious about it as they are; it depends on the fan. I've got a few good friends who are coots, and most of them have given me some good-natured ribbing over the last 5 years, and that's fine. Most have all been fairly honest and avoided making excuses this year, and some have even been congratulatory, even if it is begrudgingly. I have tried to respond in kind. For those who were obnoxious over the past few years, or who have pouted and made silly excuses this year, I have been proudly, unrelentingly merciless. And it feels good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I can't fathom any scenario where I wpuld

Nov 26, 2015, 1:05 PM

Pull for USuC. I hate hearing from their loud mouth fans (many of whom are fair weather and leave during the 3rd quarter). However, I never say never so there might be a unique situation where I might be indifferent on their game's outcome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dementia is a terrible thing.....

Nov 26, 2015, 1:10 PM

Only way I could say it about coots. Just sayin'

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dementia is a terrible thing.....

Nov 26, 2015, 2:09 PM

He is classy. One of the few. No, I would not be as classy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dementia is a terrible thing.....

Nov 26, 2015, 2:40 PM

I know few. Love em to death but tell them I couldn't pull it off with a straight face>

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2015, 9:01 PM

The gentleman is a better man than I am if he is being honest. I have Gamecocks in my family, we get along well. In 70 years I have never seen a situation where I wanted Carolina to win anything.

Well said, TwoPaws.

Nov 26, 2015, 9:22 PM

I'm a few years behind you but I haven't pulled for them in anything either.

At 68 years, I say the same.***

Nov 26, 2015, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Classy Gamecock fan ]

Nov 26, 2015, 10:40 PM

Sorry if we can't beat this team, we don't deserve to be in the NC picture.

I never give them grief and I expect the same, but I never

Nov 26, 2015, 10:54 PM

want them to win in any circumstance. I am never vocal about it around them, but enjoy
our wins and their losses within myself and my CLEMSON friends and family.

Nov 26, 2015, 10:58 PM

He was after a tip. Plain and simple!!

I worked with a Gamecoot that was pulling hard for

Nov 27, 2015, 12:13 PM

Nebraska in the Orange Bowl in 1981. On those rare occasions that I have pulled for the coots, I always say it lasts only until they do the first stupid thing in the game. That usually happens only a couple of minutes into whichever game it was, so, don't have much total time rooting for them at all.

Luckily, I think the Earth may fall into the Sun before we would ever actually have to test our state pride by making the decision to root for them to go all the way or not, so won't spend much time worrying about it.

Now, them going all the way in the Parking Lot, on the other hand, could happen....again.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic