Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

New Story: Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him

Nov 12, 2016, 9:27 PM

Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him

Deshaun Watson set program and ACC records Saturday afternoon in Death Valley, setting records for throws, completions, and yards, but it was two throws that were completed to Pitt defenders that tell the story of Clemson’s shocking loss to Pitt. He says they won't define who he is. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class act! He will be missed. Glad it's not over.****

Nov 12, 2016, 9:42 PM

Re: Class act! He will be missed. Glad it's not over.****

Nov 12, 2016, 9:46 PM

Oh,it's over.There will be no national championship playoff appearance
this season.

Nov 12, 2016, 10:10 PM

###### bag!!!

Nov 14, 2016, 3:26 PM

Leftie is not a Clemson fan he is a little small man that lives in a delusional world that is all perfect I bet Alabama would love to have back to back undefeated regular seasons. Ki$$ my A$$ you little bit@h.

Nov 13, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Class act! He will be missed. Glad it's not over.**** ]

Thanks DW for all that you have done for Clemson. You're a class act. Whether or not we win another game I am proud of how you have represented Clemson.

Re: New Story: Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him

Nov 12, 2016, 9:45 PM

No DeShaun,this loss won't define you,but since this is a team game,and not an individual
one,maybe you would care to explain the part you had in probably keeping Clemson out of the CFP.

Re: New Story: Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him

Nov 12, 2016, 9:51 PM

Please explain how you are a Clemson fan. We never would have had half this success without DW4.

I hope you're not serious

Nov 12, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him ]

Re: I hope you're not serious

Nov 12, 2016, 9:59 PM

I agree. Leftie ###?! You need to take a looong look. Wow!
Why am I surprised?! There's always going to be "that guy"

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2016, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him ]

Seems you could take some lessons in class and grace from Deshaun. I'm proud this young man plays for my university and I'll take him even when he's not perfect...no one is. You are a ########.

How are we out of the CFP?***

Nov 12, 2016, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Deshaun Watson responds to criticism, says loss doesn't define him ]

Re: How are we out of the CFP?***

Nov 12, 2016, 10:11 PM

#1 not in ESecPN
#2 loss came too late in season
#3 media wants us to fail
#4 they are dying to put in Louisville over us
#5 they are dying to get big ten champs PLUS Ohio St in
That's about all I have for now. But, it's been obvious everyone but Herbstreit didn't want us in the playoff. We are from the ACC. Even though we are the most complete conference in football this year, the media still pumps/pimps and worships at the altar of the SEC. I hope you're right, and we are in. Because this WILL be the wake up call I've been screaming for all year. We've sleep walked through 8/10 games this year. Played two complete. Then, did just enough to,win the rest. When, we have the talent to blow everyone out!

Nov 12, 2016, 10:24 PM

U have some good points but at the end of the day I think we only fall to 6 because of the way the game was won. Pay lost to unrank psi and fell 4 spots. But u r right. We r now at mercy of other teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2016, 10:36 PM

That should b Osu lost to penn st.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good on you, young MAN! There was a time when I was the guy

Nov 12, 2016, 9:56 PM

with the remote through the TV after a Clemson loss. They all still hurt. But, with age comes perspective. It's a game at the end of the day. To be honest, I've seen this coming for a little while. I knew Pitt had as much chance to beat us as anyone. We just haven't been consistent. When we play complete football, we are unstoppable. The unfortunate part is, we have only played one complete game and the rest in spurts. Just enough to win. I knew this was a recipe to drop one.
But, great perspective Watson! You played your heart out, and left it all on the field! You know what mistakes you made. No one has to point them out to you. I'm sure if the truth is told, you're prob your toughest critic! I'm thankful you chose Clemson! I pray you return for your senior season, break every record, win the heisman, and the National Championship! But, I understand if you do move on! I doubt I could hold out if I was in your shoes! God has an amazing plan for everyone. You, seem to have a grasp on this!
Now, to put a finger on what's been wrong this year. Part of it is Dabo's inability to close out a game. Whether it's taking his foot off the gas getting too conservative, or panicking at Auburn. Allowing complacency in players. We saw a hangover in this team you normally see after National Championship WINS. It was like, "we are Clemson. We are good. These teams will go down easily". Instead, every team saw the opportunity to make a name for themselves. To knock off the media darlings. The National Runners up, if you will. That target got bigger every week our legend grew. I saw many times we got out hustled because our hearts weren't exactly where they should be. A small lack of hunger if you will. Tonight, it caught up. Pitt bought all the heart. We were riding the wave of a 54-0 shutout & on our way to the playoff. The target on our back was too big. We weren't as hungry as they were, once again. It happened against Troy, NC State, FSU, Louisville, and Auburn. Thankfully, we had the skill to pull it out in the end. Tonight, we met a team with just about as much skill, and a lot more heart. The National Championship will not return to Death Valley until we are HUNGRY for it. I've been beat up for stating this all year. Now, maybe some of you can see what I have seen. This doesn't mean I'm not all in. Cut me, I bleed orange! Losses hurt just as bad as back in my younger days. But, I no longer lose my head when my Tigers break my heart!

Re: Good on you, young MAN! There was a time when I was the guy

Nov 12, 2016, 11:12 PM

You will get beat up for that. Unfortunately the turnovers at home have hurt. None more than today. We could've lost at least two more games. This one will sting for a while.

Re: Good on you, young MAN! There was a time when I was the guy

Nov 13, 2016, 10:11 AM

Actually, for once I haven't. 100% pulse rate after 169 reads. That means no one with donor status has td it. It's amazing how you can speak the truth about something, and be brow beat because some people think you should never be critical about your team. I've watched Clemson Football games in Death Valley since Red Parker. I've seen it all. Deptula tends to agree with my analysis of the Tigers. I'm not a weekly caller, but he interacts with me quite a bit.
It wasn't just the turnovers. The defense couldn't get off the field. We had no answers for a hit or miss offense. Much lesser teams have had much better success slowing Pitt down. It was a lack of the running game. Pitt had defensive personnel that were more than physical matches for our o-line. Pitt made us one dimensional. We excelled at it as Watson threw for 580 yards. But, it also made scoring deep in the red zone much harder. When you can't run it, the box shrinks down there. Taking throwing lanes away is easier in "the phone booth".
I have no other explanations for the Pitt, FSU, NC State, and Troy game. Those are games we were double digit favorites in, but were LUCKY to pull out the win. If you have a better explanation of how these severely inferior teams were able to take us to the wire, I am all ears! I've seen the lack of Fire, the lack of hunger with my own eyes. And, just because you can see the problems with your team doesn't mean you aren't a fan! Like I said. My mood is shot for the weekend. I'm on edge. I'd rather lose a toe, than Clemson lose a game! Heck, my ManCave is painted Clemson school colors! That's a LOT of orange! Hahaha!

Nov 12, 2016, 10:31 PM

DW you are a class act and we all love you. We got beat for a number of reasons. U at 100% and can run. We prob run a qb draw and win. You prob run at 2nd an goal from 3 instead of forcing a throw... etc etc. D could have held etc. penalties whatever but we didn't. Actually this is on the coaches.

Deshaun you will always be remembered as a great player and

Nov 12, 2016, 10:36 PM

a class act. Some posters could use some of that "class act".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2016, 11:38 PM

There is a silver lining to this loss.

First, as long as Clemson wins out the regular season and ACC Champ game they should still make the playoff.

Second, this year has been eerily similar to last season with one exception. Clemson lost in the regular season. Last year everyone kept saying the team was flawed, special teams and lack of depth on the lines all caught up with them against Alabama. Maybe with suffering through this defeat the Tigers can pull together and have the focus that is needed to go win a championship. Instead of barely hanging on to win games the other team has no business being in, the Tigers can end the season playing their best football and bring home the "natty".

Nov 12, 2016, 11:49 PM

Absolutely still in the hunt. Knew that when I walked out of the stadium and that was before Mich and Washington loss. Win out including the ACC Championship and we are at 2 or 3. Was hoping for 4 seed and play in Atlanta instead of AZ. Relax everyone, all of our goals are still on the table

Deshan. =. class. = great player.........period!***********

Nov 13, 2016, 12:01 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, young man. You said it better than many

Nov 13, 2016, 12:19 AM

on here. Just dominate the next two games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell em DW. Most of us are still behind you 100% The

Nov 13, 2016, 4:28 AM

Lord is still with you too. I can tell that! He don't care about interceptions or football wins or losses. You're a personal winner on the inside and outside

My Dec. forecast for the final 4---Clemson still in!

Nov 13, 2016, 9:16 AM

Bama, OSU, Clemson and Wash.

:)

Nov 13, 2016, 3:26 PM

Was not in a position to see the game, so a lot of this is puzzeling. But nobody I'd rather have leading this team than DW4!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic