Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Christian Wilkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,525

Christian Wilkins

Dec 16, 2015, 1:10 AM

I was just thinking about what an outstanding freshman campaign Christian Wilkins has put together this season. From tackles to just the overall energy he gives our team. After each offensive touchdown he's one of the first off the sideline to celebrate with our offensive players, granted he's on PAT team, but he's out there so fast he must take off running before the player even hits pay dirt! He's a really special person and player and I'm glad he's a Clemson Tiger!

I took to see how he compared to some high caliber draft eligible players for this upcoming draft and according to ESPN...

Robert Nkemdiche - 29 tackles/3 sacks
Christian Wilkins - 27 tackles/2 sacks

Not bad for a true freshman that doesn't even have a full year on campus yet.

By the way, I'm not trying to bag on Nkemdiche - just a noticeable stat comparison. I hope he and his brother recover well, make better decisions, and get their lives back on track.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and Robert Nk didn't have DJ Reader entrenched

Dec 16, 2015, 3:12 AM

in a starting role in front of him.

Wilkins has made his own opportunity like very few players do. Watson comes to mind....

Watson? or Watkins...?***

Dec 16, 2015, 7:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

both Deshaun Watson and Sammy Watkins made their own spot

Dec 16, 2015, 8:51 AM

they had people in front of them with more experience, but their play simply demanded that they get PT.

not too many freshmen demand PT with their play and not their mouths...

Good Shout Out - Re: Christian Wilkins

Dec 16, 2015, 6:13 AM

I agree, gives one a positive feeling for the future of our defense when reviewing the performance of the younger players who will be back next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It's crazy to think he was playing high school football last year.

Dec 16, 2015, 6:21 AM

I get a feeling that he and Dex Lawrence are going to be scary good playing together.

Re: Christian Wilkins

Dec 16, 2015, 6:28 AM

Our defensive line certainly seems to have a bright future with Wilkins, Bryant, Lawrence, Pinckney, Kelly, and Pagano in the lineup for at least the next two seasons.

When I think of past championship caliber teams, all of them had a rotation of quality defensive linemen, and our group is as good as any in the country for the next few years.

Re: Christian Wilkins , Dexter and Pinckney.

Dec 16, 2015, 6:39 AM

Think about that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Christian Wilkins , Dexter and Pinckney.

Dec 16, 2015, 6:50 AM

What's great about such quality and depth is how much better the O-Line players will get...or be run off the field. Hyatt has been outstanding this year, but he needed the drive and work ethic to rise to the challenge of facing Shaq Lawson each day in practice. Look at the challenge our WR's and DB's create for each other...and what DW4 means to both.

Steel sharpens steel!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And so far Christian Wilkins hasn't gotten

Dec 16, 2015, 8:00 AM

high and fallen out of windows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: And so far Christian Wilkins hasn't gotten

Dec 16, 2015, 8:53 AM

The best trait in a defensive lineman.

Re: And so far Christian Wilkins hasn't gotten

Dec 16, 2015, 8:55 AM [ in reply to And so far Christian Wilkins hasn't gotten ]

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,525
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic