Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chickens Headed For Another Season of Football Failure?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,622

Chickens Headed For Another Season of Football Failure?

Mar 10, 2018, 12:48 PM

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article204493354.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They WILL beat Georgia in September.

Mar 10, 2018, 1:00 PM

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They WILL beat Georgia in September.

Mar 10, 2018, 1:13 PM

tx_tiger said:

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They actually may.

UGA loses a ton on both sides of the ball.

So would it shock me if the Gamecocks beat 'em? Not really. They get UGA Week 2 at home...that's about as favorable a matchup as they could ask for. Keep in mind the Gamecocks have had a pretty good starting 11 the past couple seasons, their real problem is that Champ never plays his backups and by the end of the year his guys haven't seemed to have much left in the tank, especially for Clemson. But they should still be pretty durn healthy by the time UGA gets into town.

If UGA comes out clunky - and their O looked plenty clunky at times the past couple seasons, and this was with Chubb and Michel, who are now gone - and Carolina could bite 'em. Especially since UGA loses all four starting LB's and that was by a bunch the strength of that D...they also lose 2 of 3 from their DL and that's 6 of 7 from their front 7. They will NOT be the same team, especially in Week 2. I think Carolina will move the ball, and pretty effectively.

As a matter of fact, the more I eyeball this matchup, the more I am starting to think Carolina actually takes this one...sorry, normally I am never on the Gamecock bandwagon, on this one I think the Dawgs could actually be in some trouble.

Mar 10, 2018, 1:53 PM

You make a good point but the coots lose the majority of their d line (although wasn't good) and do everything Skai Moore, that held the UGA run game down. Swift is coming back and is going to be the feature back for them. And knowing UGA, their run game will stay good. They should also just out talent the coots at every position except maybe WR. This comes to my 2nd point. Who knows how Deebo is gonna respond to his previous injury. If he comes back just like last year, I could see forehead and Deebo doing damage to UGA here. It's really a 50/50 game that nobody will really know about till after week 1.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGAy losing to c0cks would be hilarious.

Mar 10, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: They WILL beat Georgia in September. ]

Almost worth all the #### clucking until they lose to Missouri or Kentucky or something like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

But who on their defense will be able to tackle Swift or ...

Mar 10, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: They WILL beat Georgia in September. ]

... pressure Fromm?

Just don't see their undersized and inexperienced defense putting a lot of pressure on UGA.

Mar 10, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: They WILL beat Georgia in September. ]

The only way UGA would be in trouble for this game is if Mark Richt were coaching the Dawgs and Steve Spurrier was HC at South Carolina. SC has about as much chance of beating Georgia as they do beating Clemson, very little. UGA will hand SC another double digit loss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: They WILL beat Georgia in September. ]

I'll say what I said to them about us last year. If SCar was to have any chance to end the current streak, last year was the year. We had a good but not great QB in his first year with our go-to back and best receiver gone. I based this on what was in the pipeline. It was now or never for them and it looks like it came up never.

Same goes for UGA this year- in not now then when? Now that UGA has a head coach with true SEC scruples, they're just a couple seasons away from trotting out an all 5* team.

And SCar should be a pretty solid team for some time to come. A lot of good players that SCAr, UGA and Clemson used to fight over are all falling to SCar because 1) the region is pretty rich in talent 2) UGA and CU have moved on to great talent and particularly with us it's coming from outside the footprint and 3) we refuse to over-sign and winnow out each class. In fact, if you look at all the schollies Dabo gives to walk-ons every year, we probably under-sign when we could have been playing keep-away with a couple of their better wide-outs.

The result is that they do have some play-makers and a puncher's chance in most games they'll play.

Re: Chickens Headed For Another Season of Football Failure?

Mar 10, 2018, 1:01 PM

Judging from history and just the law of averages....YES

Mar 10, 2018, 1:04 PM

They're headed for a 7-5 season. Losses to UGA, Clemson, Texas A&M, Florida and one more between Mizzou, KY, or Ole Miss.

What a suprise

Mar 10, 2018, 1:36 PM

Those two big goals being to win the SEC East and beat Clemson.
“That’s what we’re going to try to do this year,” Bentley said.

Seems thats what you have been trying the last 4 years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: What a suprise

Mar 10, 2018, 1:42 PM

Bentley's goal this year should be to have a QBR in the double digits. #NeverEverAgain

Bentley will be 0-3 after this season in the rivalry.

Mar 10, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to What a suprise ]

So much pressure not to be the first 0-4 QB in the rivalry.

I think he will implode from that pressure.

Mar 10, 2018, 1:43 PM

Does a fat baby fart?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Thought Coach SPURR said beating Clemson wasn’t a priority

Mar 10, 2018, 2:03 PM

considering how much more difficult playing all those tough mighty sec teams was.

Well, it’s good to see Bentley knows where the real tasty bacon is..beating those mighty Clemson TiGERS!

Good luck Youngin & welcome back to DV#1 come mid November.

Oh, bring Aspirin!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicken heads gonna chicken head!***

Mar 10, 2018, 2:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news out of coot spring practice fellow tigers!

Mar 10, 2018, 2:15 PM

“From Jake Bentley’s perspective things are looking good.”
This is the same kid who thinks our national champion tiger team that beat them 56-7 is not that much better than his coots if at all. Their failure will be fun to watch.

“The SEC is as unimpressive top to bottom as it has been in a long time.” WOW That’s really saying something considering what we have seen the last few years.

Drugs are a terrible thing.

Mar 10, 2018, 2:18 PM

Hallucinogenics are even worse.

Sad, sad situation.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,622
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic