Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mac McKeown Passes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Mac McKeown Passes

Jan 1, 2010, 12:18 AM

Mac McKeown Passes

Harold “Mac” McKeown, the owner of “Mac’s Drive-In” in Pendleton, SC, died Wednesday evening at 10:50 PM. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mac McKeown Passes

Jan 1, 2010, 3:04 AM

He was such a nice man.

Jan 1, 2010, 10:08 AM

He will be missed, but am I the only one that didn't really like Mac's? Went there twice and wasn't impressed either time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2010, 11:25 AM

I'd say probably not, but most would disagree. It was agatrering place and home made. Not like the franchises. Nowhere else like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It really wasn't about the food.....

Jan 1, 2010, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Mac McKeown Passes ]

in my opinion, though I personally enjoyed the cheeseburger, fries, grilled cheese, and ice tea. Even my wife, who wasn't a Clemson grad enjoys going there. I graduated in 1985 (hence my name in here) and I can't say I've been by Mac's every year, but probably only missed a couple of years since my graduation.

Anyway, what I liked about Mac's was it seemed the same whether it was 1981 or 2009. The food seemed the same, the surroundings in his place the same, the way everyone respected the "order" that you came in and waited for your turn at the "bar seat" stayed the same....the whole Clemson feeling stayed the same. The only real difference was they added a 2nd TV at some point, and not sure when that was. Mac was always quiet, but I enjoyed getting him to talk and he always seemed genuinely grateful that his place was my first stop when I hit Clemson from Charleston.

I will miss Mac, but hopefully his restaurant will stay there for many more years. His passing makes the picture in my office (painted by Steve Jordan) of the front of Mac's Drive In that much more special. Thanks Mac!

Chester

Jan 1, 2010, 11:22 AM

He will be missed in Clemson and will also be remembered in his hometown of Chester. Proud of his legacy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rest peacefully Mac. Clemson Nation will miss you.***

Jan 1, 2010, 11:33 AM

Jan 1, 2010, 11:39 AM

Sad Day in Tiger Town.
Mac of Mac's drive in has passed away.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2009/dec/30/people-gather-hospital-room-honor-founder-macs-dri/?cid=Facebook

It is indeed a sad day. Macs has been an institution. Mac befreinded many clemson students and many Tiger atheletes. He has been a light in the world with a testimony of the Golden Rule Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets . It is sad future generations will not have Mac to learn how to live life. He will be missed.

My freshman year as a rat from Atlanta I was ordered to go to Macs by an Upper classman my first week to Clemson. Now at that time freshman could not have cars. Next I knew were the varsity was in atlanta but had no idea where Mac's was. I could have gone to the Varsity faster than Mac's. Mac will be missed but not forgotten
Mac's Drive In - Judge Kellers -Esso Club - Clemson Landmarks

CU Rat 1968 Tiger Fan Forever

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Jan 2, 2010, 6:33 PM

Mac's is in Clemson, not Pendleton...

Man, I loved eating at Macs and seeing him there BUT

Jan 3, 2010, 8:14 AM

somebody please proofread these articles before posting them. Conrad quarterbacked the basketball team to the Elite Eight? Many silly errors in this article.

Quarterbacking can mean taking control as the leader.***

Jan 3, 2010, 9:11 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic