Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cherokee County Clemson Club meeting (updated with pig)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Cherokee County Clemson Club meeting (updated with pig)

Mar 21, 2018, 10:58 AM

At the risk of getting teh ban, here is a (sirius) update from the Cherokee County Clemson Club meeting last night:

Awesome evening with fellow Tiger fans. Delicious Daddy Joe’s BBQ with all the fixins, then Jason Wilson gave an IPTAY update. I had no idea there were so many athletic building projects going on -- or starting soon. Obviously the softball complex, but also renovations to the Hoke Sloan Tennis Center, and if I understood correctly -- a facility for soccer offices/locker rooms well as new administrative space for the men’s and women’s golf teams. Had trouble hearing part of his presentation because of rude people in the very back (@classof1994®)

Coach Venables spoke for probably an hour, including answering several questions at the end and providing several recruiting anecdotes. Obviously very excited about the upcoming season; thrilled to have Christian, Austin, and Clelin back for one more year. Said those three guys were sincerely worried that if they left early, the younger guys would be thrown into starting roles before they were ready. Justin Foster is progressing nicely; Shaq Smith will be a good one but was a bit behind because he didn’t start playing LB until his junior year of high school, plus needed work on his strength and flexibility. Didn't comment a whole lot about offense, but said this is the best group of quarterbacks he's been around in his college career.

When axed who his favorite defensive player was, he declined to give the name of a current player, but said as far as future players: Jake Venables.

He stayed after the program was over to chat and take pigs with fans. Never seemed to be in a hurry to leave, even though he had a 1.5 hour drive back to Clemson. Very cordial, down-to-earth kind of dood. And yes, LOTS of energy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Cherokee County Clemson Club meeting

Mar 21, 2018, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That David Parker guy is

Mar 21, 2018, 11:05 AM

one heck of a connected Clemson Gentleman and nice to organize it!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes he is. Not everybody could have pulled that off :)***

Mar 21, 2018, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There sure was a lot of build up to the meeting

Mar 21, 2018, 11:07 AM

The synopsis leads me to believe it was over-hyped.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you can probably understand, I am not at liberty to

Mar 21, 2018, 11:09 AM

divulge everything that was discussed at our meeting.

Feel free to file a FOI request, but it will likely be denied.

Thanks for the helpful update Bob.

Mar 21, 2018, 11:08 AM

Too bad that a few bad apples can ruin it for everyone @classof1994

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Start one little food fight,

Mar 21, 2018, 11:12 AM

and errbody gets all mad and stuff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

#144 please

Mar 21, 2018, 11:35 AM

and thank you

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Where did you sit?***

Mar 21, 2018, 11:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

i think he said

Mar 21, 2018, 11:38 AM

on 94's lap - but cannot confirm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

That's a mean question. You know he had to sit on

Mar 21, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Where did you sit?*** ]

someone's shoulders to see Coach V.

Once a udp’er, always a udp’er...

Mar 21, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Where did you sit?*** ]

js

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

It was a good time, agreed.

Mar 21, 2018, 11:40 AM

It would have been a perfect evening if Francis Marion® did not disrobe and try to swim in the chocolate wonderfall, but other than that it was grand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a good time, agreed.

Mar 21, 2018, 11:56 AM

"wonderfall" is one of oasis best songs - tu

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Was Snowtown there?*****

Mar 21, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to It was a good time, agreed. ]

Jake Venerables is his son, right!?!?

Mar 21, 2018, 11:53 AM

That's what's called nepotism right there.

Re: Cherokee County Clemson Club meeting (updated with pig)

Mar 21, 2018, 12:05 PM

Nice Bob, thanks for posting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All I can say is....

Mar 21, 2018, 12:07 PM

...that is one helluva black board behind Jimmy!

Re: All I can say is....

Mar 21, 2018, 12:15 PM

..... any better pigs of the two blonde chicks?

axing for deadsolidperfect®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Just look at the size of the eraser sitting on the ledge!

Mar 21, 2018, 12:08 PM

Mar 21, 2018, 12:22 PM

by attending, was it part of your community service hours you have to fulfill? meaning cleaning up afterwards?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome pic bob, I think I can almost see

Mar 21, 2018, 12:30 PM

Coach V, it's that orange dot all the way up front, correct? Did you actually use a reverse zoom to take it? Also, good job getting 30ish other people in the pic.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

lol

Mar 21, 2018, 2:15 PM

the first pic, bob had camera reversed. bobby has a nice smile - don't you think?

That was good. Thanks*****

Mar 21, 2018, 12:34 PM

Brent didn't even take his jacket off. You can tell he was

Mar 21, 2018, 1:45 PM

ready to leave. Also, how did you guys keep Brent V. from falling into that black abyss behind him?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Mar 21, 2018, 2:19 PM

Cherokee huh...

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

love some Daddy Joes

Mar 21, 2018, 2:28 PM

might have to go there next weekend when I'm home for Easter.

thanks for the update bob!

Dood if the Crump and Bmeist were serius

Mar 21, 2018, 3:05 PM

About this TNET thing taking off. They'd hire a prime reporter such as yourself to get into them hard to reach meetins.

Good report seriously.

Yep DHood should have been there working...

Mar 21, 2018, 9:59 PM

...instead of globe trotting and schmoozing up with the flight attendants in the back of the airplanes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like a nice turnout

Mar 21, 2018, 10:01 PM

Amazing that all of those people were able to leave their farms for a few hours to be there.

Proverbs 16:18

the Newspring Gaffney campus has a much larger

Mar 22, 2018, 8:06 AM

worship space than I expected

What songs did the praise band play before the program?

Who won the Harley raffle?

Come on bob, we need details.

Congratulations on surviving Crump's wrath to win POTD

Mar 22, 2018, 8:15 AM

The Quarantine Forum must have been full.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I feel sorry for bob.***

Mar 22, 2018, 8:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Crump, is that you?***

Mar 22, 2018, 8:53 AM

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic