Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First trip to Tallahassee. Any tips?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

First trip to Tallahassee. Any tips?

Oct 22, 2018, 8:51 AM

Fiance and I are headed down to Tallahassee from Charleston. Any interesting food stops along the way or things to do while in Tally? We're actually staying in Valdosta, GA. Any tips for that area would be cool too. Thanks!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a whole lot of nothin' in south Georgia.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:53 AM

Park at the Civic Center in Tally. Lots of Clemson fans will be there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: First trip to Tallahassee. Any tips?

Oct 22, 2018, 9:02 AM

Wild Adventures water/wildlife park just south of Valdosta is a pretty nice attraction if you're looking for something on Friday or Sunday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 9:44 AM

Wakulla Springs is just south of Tallahassee. It's a pretty neat place.

I have some family and friends there and they've all said that the hurricane damage is pretty much all gone, other than some piles of yard trash at the curbs. There's really not much there other than the capital building, FSU and Florida A&M. There are some great seafood places with food caught fresh from the Gulf, but don't know what the status of all that is after the storm.

For on the way down/back, there's the Warner Robbins Museum of Aviation off of 75. If you're into that stuff, it's pretty cool. They have some great historical aircraft there, like an SR-71.

Make sure to get a statue of your and your fiance in your Clemson gear in front of their Unconquered statue after we beat them! ;)

Penicillin.

Oct 22, 2018, 9:56 AM

Oops, I should have read first, you are taking your fiance. Never mind, have a great trip!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 10:41 AM

B & J's Steaks and Seafood in Darien, GA off 95.

Best fried seafood around. Not fancy and order off the menu and not eat the buffet.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 22, 2018, 2:22 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check into these joints. :D

Oct 23, 2018, 10:00 AM

bump

Watch your back!

Oct 23, 2018, 10:25 AM

Sorry, but been there twice (1-1), and not too interested in going back.

Went as a student in 1989. One of our group got jumped for just walking down the sidewalk (on Friday) wearing Clemson gear. A passing car pulled over, guys jumped out and beat him down. He spent the night in the hospital with a broken nose. Did nothing to instigate the attack. Tigers win, FSU 0-2.

Went back in 2002 with my wife and another couple. Disappointing game as we led late second quarter but faded and lost pretty convincingly, but I couldn't believe the poor sportsmanship we were shown by their fans after the game. They were, almost without exception, the least gracious winners I have ever encountered, and this was our 11th straight loss to them. Our only crime was going to Tallahassee hoping to see Tommy beat Daddy and break the streak. I guess a dominant run like that breeds arrogance.We had to walk several blocks back to the hotel, and were looking over our shoulder the whole way. Definitely won't go back for a night game. Be glad it is a noon kick!

On a side note, we won at home the next year, so I saw the last game before the losing streak started, and the last game before it ended.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watch your back!

Oct 23, 2018, 11:13 AM

####, that sounds horrible. Next to coots they do seem the worst. I'm hoping that the fans that will attend the game know that they suck and won't be too surprised when we stomp a mud hole in them.

Same experience for my fthen uture wife in 89. She won’t go back.

Oct 25, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Watch your back! ]

If I ever go to a game in Tally it will be solo I guess.

Oct 23, 2018, 11:16 AM

I hear the crab legs at Publix are delicious, so good they are walking out the door.

Oct 24, 2018, 12:52 PM

Sounds like a steal!

Oct 24, 2018, 1:11 PM

Get in the stadium in time to see Osceola and Renegade...as much as I dislike FSU, I must admit that’s a cool experience. The outside of the stadium is beautiful with the all of the brickwork, but the inside looks like a middle school erector set project...weird.

Try the crab legs at Publix. ??***

Oct 24, 2018, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try the crab legs at Publix. ??***

Oct 24, 2018, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Try the crab legs at Publix. ??***

Oct 25, 2018, 8:43 AM

I hope they accept $2 bills

Go Tigers!!!

Cheer loud and often....***

Oct 24, 2018, 8:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic