Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Continued prayers for me and my wife. We are still hanging
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Continued prayers for me and my wife. We are still hanging

Jan 25, 2014, 7:34 AM

in there but we have so far to go. The last couple of weeks have been hard and we seem to have taken a lot of steps back. I want this to work, but I don't know how much more I can take.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Continued prayers for me and my wife. We are still hanging

Jan 25, 2014, 8:17 AM

I don't know your story or what led you to this point in your relationship but "operate in your own yard" and be patient. Although it is hard to do, keep in mind that you can't fix her as much as you would like to think you can. Take care of what's in "your yard" or sphere of influence and it will bleed over. The more you "fix" the worse you will make it. You are not responsible for her happiness but you are responsible for the promises you made to her and her family with the vows you exchanged. Trust in the Lord and keep your eye on the prize.

www.nationalmarriage.com

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^good advice from mctiggrr. Marriage involves putting

Jan 25, 2014, 8:30 AM

your spouses' needs before your own, which isn't easy (and will never be easy, but becomes more natural). One other piece of advice: I once heard a pastor say that "'love' is a verb, not a feeling".

Prayers for you, your wife, and your son!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: ^^^good advice from mctiggrr. Marriage involves putting

Jan 25, 2014, 8:53 AM

agree this is very good advice!!best of luck to both

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never give up***

Jan 25, 2014, 10:05 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2014, 10:27 AM

Prayers for healing in your marriage

Jan 25, 2014, 10:37 AM

Continue to ask God for guidance. Pray with your wife-outloud. You will be blessed. Please understand that your solemn role as husband is to cherish her and to love her as Jesus loves us. It equates to being selfless.

There are many marriage encounter weekends that I would highly recommend. I hope you are attending church, and if so please see your pastor. Great wealth of information and counseling tools.

But the biggest advice is to recognize we are all sinners. Forgiveness is the greatest gift you can extend to one another.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Www.anastasiadate.com

Jan 25, 2014, 10:45 AM

Low-key service for Russian Mail-order brides. Set her up in a motel for a few weeks and if s&#t hits the fan allow her to move in. Boom. Marriage solved. But in all seriousness, have y'all tried spending significant time away from one another/in different homes? It's very trying emotionally but could be what y'all need to determine if it is something you both want.

Sorry you are suffering this pain --- Having been there,

Jan 25, 2014, 11:05 AM

suggest that you turn off the timer, toughen up a bit, be patient, be a better listener, put yourself in the other person's shoes, choose each word and every action with honor, respect, humility, and dignity, and 30 years from now whatever the outcome, you will be able to look back to this time knowing you did the right thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please see post below for a bit of clarification.***

Jan 25, 2014, 9:49 PM

Jan 25, 2014, 11:33 AM

Put God in the picture. A family that prays together stays together.

Jan 25, 2014, 11:39 AM

Your Tiger family is giving you some great advice in the posts I've read. Don't give, put her needs first, think before you speak, find the positive, build her up and this is important....listen.
Our marriage had it's rough time as do most. It took work and more work but now we are better than ever and extremely happy! (Marriage counselling was a good thing /
I didn't want to do it but glad I did!)

Try giving her cards and notes. Hide them in her purse, put them in the seat of the car, in a book she's reading. Just simple stuff, "I love you", "Have a great day", "Thanks for all you do" and flowers! You should know her favorite flowers and have them delivered to her work place where she can show them off!

Make a date night every week. Go out and do something together. Doesn't have to expensive, go get pizza and take a walk together. She'll feel important and loved if you do this and I promise she'll return the favor!

God bless and get to work! Lol. :)

Prayers sent for you, your wife and your family.***

Jan 25, 2014, 11:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you both tried praying together?***

Jan 25, 2014, 12:52 PM

Check your Tmail****

Jan 25, 2014, 1:07 PM

Jan 25, 2014, 1:38 PM

The closer you get to success the more difficult it seems. All the things you are experiencing which tell you you can't do it are proof that God is working. You can't, He can. You can only by His power.

Sometimes, I don't like the way He does things either. When it seems you are alone in a cavern and 10 injuns are blocking your only exit and things just can't get worse you expect God to show up like the cavalry to save you. He usually doesn't. He waits until the entire war party finds you and there's 10,000 block your exit before He makes a move.

It's nerve racking but it's His way of building our faith.
You've got two chores, love your wife and judge whether or not God is faithful.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

You've got my prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you haven't tried marriage counseling, I would do so...

Jan 25, 2014, 1:52 PM

Don't give up on anything until every possible option/solution has been exhausted. Surround yourself with good people...

The more you devote to eachother, the more you'll love

Jan 25, 2014, 2:07 PM

Emotions follow the actions, not vice versa. We are not a slave to our emotions!

Pride is the poison that kills most marriages. Humble yourself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient, love is kind. It

Jan 25, 2014, 3:31 PM

does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dihonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves.

God bless you, your wife and your marriage.

Jan 25, 2014, 4:41 PM

The best advice I can give is to seek advice somewhere besides complete strangers on a football message board.

Except in the fact that other than yours and the tic advice

Jan 25, 2014, 4:50 PM

about the Russian bride - the advice has been spot on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

You are sort of right and I did possibly overly assume that

Jan 25, 2014, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Continued prayers for me and my wife. We are still hanging ]

professional help was already engaged --- So I am hoping that my advice is just some extra food for thought. But I should have said that initially.

Prayers said for the both of you.***

Jan 25, 2014, 9:53 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic