Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Check out the Clemson players in this game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,879

Check out the Clemson players in this game...

Mar 9, 2020, 10:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9hBuf83H8&t=4530s

Falcons at Bears 1985

Steve Fuller quarterback
William Perry Bears D-line and running back
Dan Benish Falcon's D-line
Cliff Austin returning kicks

Someone other than me can probably describe the difference between the game then and now, but it's good to see a player like Walter Payton score and run back to the bench. The announcers call the game instead of tuning every play into an indictment on each player's entire career. No shots of owners in their boxes/announcers/individuals in the crowd/players acting like fools. Now that I think about it, why is it that the announcers' faces have to be shown on the screen more than the play of the game? If anything Summerall and Madden are two of the best of all time but I watched this game and don't remember seeing their faces at all, This game was on Walter Payton's shoulders from the beginning and instead of show boating he acted like a professional the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb9hBuf83H8&t=4530s

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Check out the Clemson players in this game...

Mar 9, 2020, 10:37 PM

Those were some good days in the NFL when listening to Pat Summerall do the Play-By-Play of the games

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Check out the Clemson players in this game...

Mar 9, 2020, 10:48 PM

Or hearing him on the radio saying, "Pat Summerall for True Value Hardware". Can still hear him saying that. He was a minimalist. He was short and very sweet. Not like the big mouths today.

Refreshing

Mar 10, 2020, 8:58 AM

Madden and Summerall were the best (ever) in the business. I really hadn't realized how annoying play by play guys have become. With Madden and Summerall you were just watching a football game. Nowadays you're constantly seeing the play by play guys and getting beaten over the head with their opinions and over analysis. It's one of the reasons I dont really enjoy watching the NFL anymore.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Refreshing

Mar 10, 2020, 11:50 AM

Back then we had “play by play” commentators. Now we have “Hollywood girl men” that read a ######. What’s happening on the field is irrelevant. It’s all about the ######.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,879
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic