Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chase Young, turned in or self reported?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,606

Chase Young, turned in or self reported?

Nov 14, 2019, 9:39 AM

Does anybody know if the Chase Young issue was self reported or if somebody turned it in to the NCAA? Ohio State AD said, "I want to be clear that the accusations did not come from anyone from Maryland, did not come from anyone from Penn State or any other school in the Big Ten Conference." That would lead me to think that somebody turned them in.

However, he was asked did he consider sweeping it under the rug and replied, "We never cover anything up. We're never going to do that. My 34 years of doing this business, I've never even thought about doing that." I think that is somewhat humorous coming from him, but my point is that I don't understand the 2 different statements.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase Young, turned in or self reported?

Nov 14, 2019, 9:44 AM

It could have been a situation where somebody reported it to OSU and told them if they didn't self-report that they would take it over their head to the NCAA.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:53 AM

Maybe. If that was the case, I would have named them and thanked them for doing it right after Wisconsin.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:55 AM

Maybe but I doubt if someone turned him in that they thought it would be a short suspension.

They probably thought his career would be over and it didn't matter who the next couple of games would be.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:47 AM

I read he was turned in by a fellow teammate. The teammate said he was tired of watching it rain. Can you believe anything you read on the internet.

More to do with his HS .

Nov 14, 2019, 9:49 AM

That "family friend" they say is known in that area to be a friend of a few, Think Michigan has several from that HS.

Nov 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

Given the goings on there the AD's quote is laughable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,606
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic