Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charone Peake..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,521

Charone Peake..

Jan 25, 2013, 2:06 PM

Is this the year we see him excel and make his mark? Sammy and Charone came in at the same time and we all fully expect Sammy to be in the NFL after next season yet I'm still wondering where Charone is.
Admittedly, I don't study the depth chart and game film, so maybe I'm not giving him the proper credit. Can someone set me straight?

Hope to seem him step it up and be a bigger part of the offense. With the loss of Nuk, Brandon Ford, and Andre, we need another threat so teams can't hone in on Sammy.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Charone Peake..

Jan 25, 2013, 2:12 PM

Well he was behind Nuk on the depth chart and we know what kind of year he had. With that said Nuk is gone so hopefully this will be the year he and Bryant step up and become great recievers. Having a heisman candidate at QB might help some too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peake was behind Brown, Bryant was behind Nuk

Jan 25, 2013, 2:50 PM

though Morris has cross trained them to play all of the WR positions becuase of their versatility.

Would love to see him be the chain mover go across the

Jan 25, 2013, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Charone Peake.. ]

Middle type guy that jaron was but also a home run threat with his speed at any time. Seems like he is much further along than martavis and is set to have a big yr. hopefully Sammy can be used more like nuk was this yr and maybe we get to see some of hoppers explosiveness we hear about in the jet sweep type plays. This group is still loaded as much as we all hated to see nuk leave

I think Peake is gonna be scary

Jan 25, 2013, 2:46 PM

He has a great body for his position and has great speed and hands. Put some weight on him this off-season and watch him torch DB's all year!

Breakout season from Bryant as well

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charone Peake..

Jan 25, 2013, 2:50 PM

I would love to see coach morris use sammy in the slot some...with peake and bryant on the outside...against most teams we play there is bound to be a mismatch or two somewhere in there...I like humphries grit and toughness and he should get a bunch of balls thrown his way too but with the the big three out tbere ...and with hotrods burst that he discovered this season...we could be lethal..factor in hopper...and if we can get some production at tight end..it would be just a matter of o line play as to how many yards and points and yards we could pile up..contingent on the defense getting off the field of course

Morris likes to move his WRs around

Jan 25, 2013, 2:56 PM

Sammy plays outside and inside actually though Peake has been training mostly in the Jaron Brown spot which is the position that goes over the middle the most. Bryant is an outside WR through and through. Humphries can do either though he's more a slot man by trade. Hopper ahs the speed to play outside but the frame that's moreso set for the slot.

Thing is we've got WRs that can go inside and outside whenever needed which is what makes them dangerous.

Sam "Pooper Scooper" Cooper is the X-Factor

Jan 25, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Charone Peake.. ]

I like what I saw out of him this year...I think he will be better than Ford

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sam "Pooper Scooper" Cooper is the X-Factor

Jan 25, 2013, 3:06 PM

I don't know about better than Ford, but I did like what I saw out of Cooper... Ford was an excellent blocker and also had great hands

Re: Sam Cooper is the X-Factor

Jan 25, 2013, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Sam "Pooper Scooper" Cooper is the X-Factor ]

Sam improved a lot from the prior year. Another good off season and he will be really good

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,521
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic