Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For everyone upset with the ACC moving the game to Orlando
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

For everyone upset with the ACC moving the game to Orlando

Dec 3, 2016, 7:04 AM

We're being a little hypocritical. No, I don't think the move is convenient for Clemson - but only in football. Had we not beaten Louisville, nobody here would be complaining.

But everyone was so angry when the baseball tournament went to Durham after being awarded to Myrtle Beach. We can't have it both ways.

Look at all the championships that are being played in South Carolina (many because of the bill itself!!): Women's basketball, Men's Golf, Women's Golf, Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer, Rowing...NCAA Basketball Tourney games are even returning to Greenville this year!

South Carolina will benefit and continue to benefit from this until the state of North Carolina fights back. So, while the bill is controversial to some and not everyone has to agree with it, we should stop complaining about how inconvenient it is for Clemson FANS and look at the big picture. If South Carolina had a big enough neutral stadium, the game would have probably been held in our state (even though by the looks of things, Coastal's stadium would be more than big enough for the fans attending in Orlando).

Go Tigers! Another Clemson Championship, no matter where it's played!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For everyone upset with the ACC moving the game to Orlando

Dec 3, 2016, 7:11 AM

Where you're right: I don't care if Clemson isn't playing.

Where you're wrong: All other sports combined don't equal football. Football is the one that matters most. So if they moved the AccCG to SC- great...

And they sold tickets before changing venue (I had 8)

And they are playing politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2016, 7:14 AM

Last year the Panthers stadium was completely filled and it was mostly orange.

This year they're giving tickets away because nobody is buying them.

It'd be a 7.5 hour drive from Charlotte for me to go to the game. No thanks.

Message was edited by: Bense®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlotte has great success with the ACCCG partly due to

Dec 3, 2016, 7:19 AM

being centrally located. Most of the ACC members were able to get there in a reasonable amount of time and it was fair to have it centrally located. The powers that be made a knee jerk reaction that ended up blowing up in their face.

Again, we're complaining mostly because of convenience for the FANS

Dec 3, 2016, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Re: For everyone upset with the ACC moving the game to Orlando ]

Not the team. Everyone saying they are "protesting the ACC's political stance" just don't want to admit they cannot afford to go (completely understandable, no one will fault anyone for that) or are too lazy.

Clemson fans support the Tigers no matter the location. It's about this team, not the fans at this point.

Well, NC voters care!!!

Dec 3, 2016, 8:01 AM

I live in NC and we voted that Ahole out........ha won't do it again!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Well, NC voters care!!!

Dec 3, 2016, 8:17 AM

Yes it looks like McCrorey is out but Copper is not going to be able to just repel that law, it was done by the legislature, with a majority. So it's not going away anytime soon.

you can try to reason it if you wish but there is more to it

Dec 3, 2016, 7:16 AM

than that. It was wrong and the people "voiced" their opinion......something similar happened nationally recently.

Just like the election, but voting with our $ here***

Dec 3, 2016, 7:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just like the election, but voting with our $ here***

Dec 3, 2016, 7:51 AM

The difficult part here is the only way to get this changed back to Charlotte is to not give the ACC any money and not go to the game but I have a hard time letting politics get in the way of me supporting our Tigers. Hopefully Swoffy will see the error in his ways and return to Charlotte or I would even settle for Jacksonville anything but Orlando and that tiny stadium

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2016, 8:08 AM

ACC needs to stay out of politics!
They should not be boycotting NC and they never should have boycotted SC.
Perhaps some of this PC crap will be straightend out now.
(This is over a few a very few people that want to use a bathroom other than what their biological Sex determines they are, how stupid)

Correct......! To think we should be happy with the

Dec 3, 2016, 8:25 AM

political correctness because it benefits out state is ludicrous. I don't like the fact that we play use so many venues in NC, but we should correct that and get a better balancer, but not due to politics!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, baby! It's all about MONEY!!!

Dec 3, 2016, 8:15 AM

Screw the women and children, as long as SC gets its tournaments!

Wooo hooooooo!

The most fair & equitable decider is the market ????***

Dec 3, 2016, 8:19 AM

That's pathetic. SC hosting tournaments has no bearing on women and childrens'

Dec 3, 2016, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Yeah, baby! It's all about MONEY!!! ]

safety. Nor does Clemson's participation in any postseason event. I am definitely not against the bill.
I don't think you should be able to choose which bathroom you would like to use.

But the people you are so afraid of are the ones that don't need PERMISSION to creep around in whatever bathroom they want. Give me a break.

I agree... my issue is with the ACC going political

Dec 3, 2016, 8:30 AM

Regardless of the political issue or stance. The ACC needs to just stay neutral. That is what pisses most people off, not the issue itself. Then to change the venue after tickets were already sold... really? Just a cluster all the way around!

Re: That's pathetic. SC hosting tournaments has no bearing on women and childrens'

Dec 3, 2016, 8:34 AM [ in reply to That's pathetic. SC hosting tournaments has no bearing on women and childrens' ]

You know that HB2 is not just a bathroom law, right? McCrory has a revision of the bill sorting in his desk to sign, but he's refusing to because he's trying to play strong arm with Charlotte's Mayor on the anti-discrimination law they passed. HB2 though also takes away their rights to legally fight discrimination in the workplace ( i.e. being fired simply for being lgbt). People can understand the bathroom issue, but there is no reason to support their legal rights being taken away.

Re: That's pathetic. SC hosting tournaments has no bearing on women and childrens'

Dec 3, 2016, 8:36 AM

* sitting on

Dec 3, 2016, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: That's pathetic. SC hosting tournaments has no bearing on women and childrens' ]

* sitting on

Dec 3, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: That's pathetic. SC hosting tournaments has no bearing on women and childrens' ]

Yes, I know this and I agree with you. I did not say that I fully supported the bill, but I was only responding to the ridiculous post about saving the women and children.

It's easy to spot the folk who rely on the media to tell them what to think.

I just didn't want to get into all of that in a place such as TigerNet that so openly welcomes intelligent debate and differing opinions!

if this had been more than lame posturing by the ACC

Dec 3, 2016, 8:27 AM

they would have moved their HEADQUARTERS out of the state, not just a few games. Why didn't they send a strong and substantial message and move HQ to Virginia or Florida?

Anybody who can't see through Swoffie's pitiful "statement" is pretty gullible.

Exactly! The hypocrisy and inconsistency here boggles

Dec 3, 2016, 8:32 AM

The mind. It is ok to put the pain on the fans but not the ACC leadership. Oh no, can't do that!

Dec 3, 2016, 8:40 AM

No place for politics in sports......Go Tigers!!!!

Dec 3, 2016, 8:43 AM

There SHOULDN'T be, but sports has turned into the BIGGEST political platform of all.

Just ask Black Lives Matter, Colin Kaepernick, the NCAA as a whole, and now the ACC.

Sports reach more households and more sets of eyeballs than any other medium. It's highly unfortunate, but that's the world we live in today.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic