Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Future Clemson student
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Future Clemson student

Jan 22, 2014, 8:49 AM

Hey y'all I'm waiting to here back from Clemson, I was just wondering what y'all's time at Clemson was like? It has been my dream school since day one being out of state makes it harder but hopefully things work out

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dood, my time was awesome; never once went to class...

Jan 22, 2014, 8:51 AM

good luck to you, hope the dream comes true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the drinking age was 18 when I was there, i can't imagine

Jan 22, 2014, 9:19 AM

what going there now would be like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

you old fart!

Jan 22, 2014, 9:03 PM

;)

It is the most defining

Jan 22, 2014, 8:52 AM

period of my life. You will love everything about it.

It truly is "God's country"

Slow down 912...

Jan 22, 2014, 8:53 AM

1. Welcome to tnet

2. Good 1st post

3. It's always good to discuss your hate of USuCk in your 1st or 2nd post, so you better make the next one count

4. What state are you from?

5. I wouldn't trade anything in the world for my time at Clemson. It's a special place that outsiders (such as Washington and Lee grads) don't understand. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ misspelled cu is an excellent 2nd choice

Jan 22, 2014, 8:54 AM

hth

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And where was all this shepherding

Jan 22, 2014, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Slow down 912... ]

with me when I was wet behind the ears? You might as well have signed my death warrant by throwing me to the wolves

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

That was your fault

Jan 22, 2014, 9:32 AM

We could all tell you were one of us from the start, thus signing your own death warrant.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Touche

Jan 22, 2014, 9:39 AM

You have a valid point

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Absolutely the best experience ever.***

Jan 22, 2014, 8:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Future Clemson student

Jan 22, 2014, 8:56 AM

it was great but challenging at times. learn to budget your time and prioritize. persevere no matter how things go there may be some rough spots but hang in there and keep your eyes on your goal. also yell your head off at all sports events

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck and I hope you get in....

Jan 22, 2014, 8:59 AM

I would not trade anything for my time at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 22, 2014, 9:15 AM

Loved it so much I built a new home in Clemson and am retiring one mile from the University. Greatest place on the earth !!

Grew up in Charleston

Jan 22, 2014, 9:19 AM

So my hate for the shamecocks is very strong, I live in savannah ga now with all the Uga fans so it's not much better but thanks for the encouraging words

Ouch, what was it like growing up in West Virginia?***

Jan 22, 2014, 9:33 AM

What were the requirements?

Jan 22, 2014, 9:22 AM

When y'all were there its pretty difficult to get in now

Requirements? Punctuation mostly. HTH***

Jan 22, 2014, 4:31 PM

Re: Requirements? Punctuation mostly. HTH***

Jan 22, 2014, 4:37 PM

I know, I'm sorry I wasn't writing this like I would an English paper. I didn't know I would get blasted for it. My English grade is acually very high.

Actually******

Jan 22, 2014, 6:13 PM

It was the best experience of my life.***

Jan 22, 2014, 9:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Charleston south carolina

Jan 22, 2014, 9:43 AM

Not wva

Go to the citadel!

Jan 22, 2014, 10:07 AM

Oh citadel we sing thy praise!

And your first post-- it's hear not here

Jan 22, 2014, 10:10 AM

I hurd tri-county is good too ;)

Thanks

Jan 22, 2014, 10:20 AM

You got me on that one I must have missed that one ha if have to do the bridge that'd be fine by me whatever it takes to be a tiger

Welcome - I hop you're successful.

Jan 22, 2014, 10:26 AM

Ever since I left in 1977, I have been trying to get back. I will retire there - and you will see one more fat old guy hogging the best seats at Death Valley, Littlejohn and Doug Kingsmore Stadium.

Thank you

Jan 22, 2014, 10:33 AM

I find out feb. 15th hopefully ill be seeing y'all in Death Valley next year

Good luck dude***

Jan 22, 2014, 10:33 AM

I am a current student

Jan 22, 2014, 11:42 AM

I'm in Tiger Band, did some stuff with WSBF-FM (clemson's radio station), transfer council, tried my hand at fraternity life (couldn't afford it, oh well), and I haven't missed 1 football game as a student (home or away). Its an awesome place with awesome people, beautiful women (make sure to go to Lever Beach, the grassy field behind the highrise dorms on the east side of campus, during the spring. Tons of gorgeous girls spend long hours tanning away. Living in Calhoun Courts was awesome just for that reason). Just a great atmosphere and a great place. There is a sense of family you get at Clemson that you don't really see many other places. The crowd tends to be on the preppier "classy southern" side, but most people are down to earth and very welcoming. The local community is very supportive of the school and the students and there is always something to do whether its on campus events, parties, stuff going on downtown (the bar crawls in Clemson are legendary). There is also a huge sense of tradition and respect around Clemson you don't see anywhere else. Its a good ol' quiet southern town that somehow mixes in a booming college atmosphere. Its a really awesome place that touches your heart, once you step foot on campus you will never want to leave. I personally hate going home on breaks because it really isn't my home anymore, Clemson is and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

What was your gpa and scores? It is pretty competitive to get in. I remember my freshman class (2011) was ranked in the top 10 nationally for incoming freshman classes by USA today. I just remember the lady at our freshman seminar saying Clemson ranked higher than Harvard as far as how competitive it was to get in and that our average incoming GPA was higher than theirs. I don't know how skewed that statistic is, but I do know it wasn't easy getting in. I was actually in Bridge my first year which was interesting, but it got me into Clemson. Tmail me if you have questions, I usually log into Tigernet a couple of times a day.

Re: I am a current student

Jan 22, 2014, 1:10 PM

I messaged you but I'm not sure it went thru just let me know if it does that post made me want to go to clemson even more haha

You mispeled HEER.

Jan 22, 2014, 1:19 PM

Getting into Clemson is quite a feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What sicko TDed this kid?

Jan 22, 2014, 1:22 PM

If you've secretly found out he applied to USuCk then let us know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What sicko TDed this kid?

Jan 22, 2014, 1:26 PM

Uscjr is the last place I would apply trust me on that one I hate the school I hate the city I hate everything about them

You hang with that attitude and...

Jan 22, 2014, 2:11 PM

you'll fit in well here in Tiger Country.

I had to spend three quarters in G'ville Tech to get into Clemson. My ACT, though it was mid twenties, was 12 years old. It was a long hard road to make it to graduation. I had a family and worked more than I went to class or studied.

Go to Clemson, whatever you need to do to get in. Remember, the journey is more rewarding than the goal.

Re: You hang with that attitude and...

Jan 22, 2014, 2:17 PM

I'm going to do whatever it takes. Thanks for the encouragement, my path might end up being similar to yours but all I want to be is a tiger

Was also from out of state, as well as a transfer

Jan 22, 2014, 1:37 PM

who had gone to Arizona State before Clemson. Clemson is just different in the best way possible. Other than marrying my wife, who I met at Clemson, it's the best decision I've ever made. Had an absolute blast and those who went there know what I mean when I say the love affair you will develop with the school, the athletic teams and the area stays with you for life. Good luck and hope it works out.

Best decision I ever made***

Jan 22, 2014, 2:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It can't be put in words

Jan 22, 2014, 2:18 PM

I wake up every morning and realize why I go to the best school on earth. Don't forget to come out for Fraternity recruitment.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hung out a lot at wsbf. played in a band. good times.***

Jan 22, 2014, 7:34 PM

All things onside red, best 4 years of my life

Jan 22, 2014, 7:52 PM

Met my wife, met my best friend (other than my wife), partied like heck, graduated on time, had a job waiting

2 ACCtitles in football, 4 bowl wins, 3 10-win seasons
Sweet 16 hoops (#### you, Tate George)
National champ in soccer

No regrets. Made some mistakes, but had a great time making them. If I had it to do over, I would work harder academically, and I would have followed my gut about changing majors instead of following parents' orders

LOL! considered***

Jan 22, 2014, 7:54 PM

Jan 22, 2014, 8:08 PM

The best 9 years of my life. Be sure to earn 2 degrees if you make it that long!

just remember "there's something in those hills!"***

Jan 22, 2014, 9:05 PM

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic