Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talk to me....10 hour trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 307

Talk to me....10 hour trip

May 26, 2020, 11:17 PM

with two kids, just me. Mom is staying behind to hang out with her Detroit Police officer friend.

Here is what I have:

2 Ipads
2 headphones for Ipads
Tons of snacks
Juice Boxes
Potty for the 2 year old for by the road
Wipes and new undies
Lots of games, like puzzels (they are good on their own with these)

Tell me what I am missing. We will leave about 5am on Thursday and leave early Monday.

Prayers and thoughts are appreciated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you Facebook Coach now?

May 26, 2020, 11:45 PM

One thing you need that you didn’t mention...budget in a third of your planned time for overages. If you think it’ll take 10 hours, it’s gonna be 13-14 hours. Because no matter how much you yell, they will end up on opposite bathroom schedules. Pulling over for dinner is no short exercise. You’re gonna have to let them stretch more than you normally would.

Took lilmissgrouching to San Diego back in Feb by myself and it worked out great. Never is a bad thing practicing to be the cool dad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you Facebook Coach now?

May 26, 2020, 11:50 PM

Due my parents being sick I have done the trip more than I want to talk about. I can do 10 in 11. Especially with traffic at COVID conditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the kids? Then disregard all.

May 26, 2020, 11:59 PM

It sounded like this was your first solo road trip with them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the kids? Then disregard all.

May 27, 2020, 12:07 AM

No way. I have done hotels solo with them both. 10-12 hour trips solo. Just wanted advice on good distractions and good games. Kids solo, that is my life.

Re: With the kids? Then disregard all.

May 27, 2020, 4:20 AM

Pretty simple. Just drive, with the occasional backhand when they get too close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vanilla Kaopectate

May 26, 2020, 11:54 PM

It's best to go ahead and get yourself clogged up. Ain't no fun playing the public restroom lottery. Worst case scenario, find a nice hotel right off the interstate and walk in like you own the place and head for the lobby bathroom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vanilla Kaopectate

May 26, 2020, 11:57 PM

My man

Re: Talk to me....10 hour trip

May 27, 2020, 5:09 AM

1. Where are you going?

2. Maybe some audio stories. I used to love those.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SRS, my oldest two are into kids podcasts these days, they

May 27, 2020, 6:20 AM

are 9 and 7 though. Kid podcasts are short, usually 20-25 minutes.

Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls is one
Greeking Out is another (Daughter is really getting into Greek Mythology, freakin nerds)
How I Built This can be fun for the oldest
Stuff You Should Know is occasionally fun for the kids

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are a better man than me.

May 27, 2020, 6:30 AM

but 25 years ago (kids would have been 5 and 2) there were no electronic distractions. Still driving with 2 little kids for that long is my definition of "Hell on Wheels".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's EVERYTHING you need to know about traveling with kids

May 27, 2020, 7:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2iGMYeZb9Q

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you put them

May 27, 2020, 8:03 AM

in the trunk, they will get too hot and tired to bang on the lid after a couple of hours and you can forget about them.

Just remember to hose it out before you return it to the rental place

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Chargers for said iPads***

May 27, 2020, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

No benadryl?***

May 27, 2020, 8:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bacon sandwiches

May 27, 2020, 9:47 AM

some blow and hookers also

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 15
| visibility 307
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic