Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New NYT article and Dean Smith and the scandal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New NYT article and Dean Smith and the scandal

Feb 12, 2016, 1:16 PM

To be fair to Coach Smith, no one has yet to connect the dots of the beginnings of the academic scandal to him, although it started on his watch. There seems to be a concerted effort to protect is legacy, so I'm not sure the school is capable of an objective review of his role, if any.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/13/sports/ncaabasketball/dean-smiths-shadow-looms-over-unc-as-it-struggles-with-a-scandals-fallout.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

resident Tarhole apologist

Feb 12, 2016, 1:20 PM

tarheeledtiger will use the Swofford excuse here to...Even though he was there and the cheating started under his watch, the REAL cheating didn't start until AFTER he left...didIdoitright?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course it started with him--

Feb 12, 2016, 1:20 PM

NCAA wasnt going to act while he was alive

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course it started with him-- probably not but

Feb 12, 2016, 1:28 PM

the last few years of his life I doubt he would have known even if they did. this is more about his minions and toadies hiding behind his name in attempt to keep themselves looking clean

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this story about North Carolina....

Feb 12, 2016, 1:24 PM

Is there any mention of Cam pouting like a baby in it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know for a fact "the Dean" was dirty ...

Feb 12, 2016, 1:44 PM

Summer '88 ... My brother and I were walking around Chapel Hole ... killing time before Springsteen concert in the Dean Dome ...

Heard a loud car radio coming up to the intersection where we were standing ...

Low and behold ... J.R. Reid in a brand new Nissan 300ZX ... knew it was him because his hair was sticking out the top of the sunroof.

Since we were both from Virginia, we knew J.R. came from modest background ... his parents were both school teachers ...

Put two and two together ...

All the other stories ... Wayne Ellington's House, the one that got busted with weed and a gun in a rental car from a booster ... too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need for UNCheat to worry. It's only the NY Times.

Feb 12, 2016, 2:55 PM

The most powerful newspaper in the world. Ha ha.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

No mention

Feb 12, 2016, 3:07 PM

Of the steroids dispensed to the players to help them 'over achieve'!

NCAA needs to stop dragging this iisue on and decide

Feb 12, 2016, 3:18 PM

UNC is only making this scandal go as prolonged as possible so people will say it happened so long ago, why penalize the current players and staff. BS is abound in their administration and in the ACC offices. Get it done and deal with it so future players can appreciate the college experience.

Chapel Hill loosing streak

Feb 12, 2016, 8:09 PM

So, assuming UNCheat will eventually have to forfeit a bunch of former basketball wins, does that mean the streak will be over?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good article

Feb 21, 2016, 6:04 PM

interesting take on it from a guy who used to be a business writer and now writes mostly about money in sports..

surprised no one commented about the end of the first (long) sentence in the second paragraph:

"...and others who care about what is undoubtedly one of the finest public universities in the country."

with one of the lowest starting salaries for grads

Feb 21, 2016, 7:07 PM

the bull$hit doesn't fool the free market. And they have both law and medical schools to prop it up.

i think the BS is between your ears

Feb 22, 2016, 8:27 AM

or else the BS has fooled US News, Forbes, Kiplingers, etc....

got some back-up for that 'lowest' claim?

cf:

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/best-schools-by-state/bachelors/north-carolina

top 35% = 'lowest' in your eyes?

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/bachelors?page=69

Re: good article

Feb 22, 2016, 5:49 AM [ in reply to good article ]

Those that care the most want the whole truth to come out no matter how much it hurts, if they're smart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Objectivity?

Feb 22, 2016, 12:13 AM

I challenge UNC's integrity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unreal that this is still ongoing

Feb 22, 2016, 4:52 PM

but even crazier that all of their fans still blindly defend them. I hope they get the death penalty. Their fans are completely delusional.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic