Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Channel 4 in Greenville has gone full chicken
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Channel 4 in Greenville has gone full chicken

Feb 5, 2015, 12:19 PM

Can't watch their newscast anymore.

Don't know how Dale Gilbert stands it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Channel 4 in Greenville has gone full chicken

Feb 5, 2015, 12:22 PM

Fox 21 is the same!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So has the Greenville News!***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:22 PM

Feb 5, 2015, 12:24 PM

I read just yesterday on a coot board where a few people complained the complete opposite, they said its full blown clemson stuff all the time. Haha. I guess it's just what color glasses your wearing.

chickens squawk the loudest as the ax is falling!***

Feb 5, 2015, 12:26 PM

Huh?? News4 has more coverage of Clemson than scar

Feb 5, 2015, 12:42 PM

almost always. Usually the lead is Clemson related. Showed several Clemson guys signing last night, didn't see a scar guy. I think they do a decent job of covering both schools, but if there is a lean, it is towards Pickens County. Just my observation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So has Tigernet.....

Feb 5, 2015, 1:02 PM

every second or third post is about "coots" or Spurrier or USuCk or what have you. Who gives a flip?!? If I wanted to hear about them (I don't), I would go to FGF. Worry about YOUR OWN TEAM people! Ok, I feel better now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen, brother.***

Feb 5, 2015, 2:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Feb 5, 2015, 1:07 PM

most are cockerel grads

WYFF4 is pro clemson***

Feb 5, 2015, 1:20 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 reasons

Feb 5, 2015, 1:27 PM

Entire state of SC has shifted for 2 reasons

1) Clemson radio network used to cover the entire state from the mountains to the sea. Today, lots of stations have been sold to national interests and this has led of a loss of stations in some parts of the state. Whereas you could listen to Clemson football in all areas of South Carolina in the 1980's--today this is not true (except on the internet). This meant many people who were in out of the rural parts of our state became casual fans of the Tigers and listened to Jim Phillips and all the excitement of Tiger football. These people became Tigers from many diverse areas and walks of life and their sons and daughters became Tigers. Now, all you hear in some areas of the Palmetto state is Coot propaganda and many are growing up lost.

2) Clemson became less accessible to students with questionable academics in South Carolina. This means that lots of folks in the Upstate and throughout the state had to choose USuC because they could not get into Clemson. This turned them into Coot fans. The Upstate used to be all Orange--now not as much because of this dynamic. So local TV stations and others are now more Coot. Just my take.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 reasons

Feb 5, 2015, 1:33 PM

I think that holds some weight. I'm just glad I went to Clemson when I did. Otherwise, based on your second reason, I might be a coot. Ugh. I think I just threw up in my mouth.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Queshtyun for all who no

Feb 5, 2015, 3:00 PM

Does Dale Gilbert sit behind the score table at BB games? If not then that guy looks like he could be his brother...

Re: Queshtyun for all who no

Feb 5, 2015, 3:12 PM

Dale is the announcer for football and basketball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Queshtyun for all who no

Feb 5, 2015, 3:20 PM

The ESECPN radio station in Charleston is so pro Coot that it is pretty much impossible to listen to the CFB guy ( some Coot grad who sounds like Bufurd T. Justice ) and not throw a brick at my truck radio.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic