Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Quick notes on Dabo Swinney post game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Football Update: Quick notes on Dabo Swinney post game

Nov 30, 2013, 10:54 PM

Quick notes on Dabo Swinney post game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Quick notes on Dabo Swinney post game

Nov 30, 2013, 10:55 PM

Oh, please! You were outcoached, Dabo.

Way to go Dabo. Don't shoulder any of the blame.

Nov 30, 2013, 10:56 PM

I'm done with you.

Did you miss him saying

Nov 30, 2013, 11:04 PM

"This is one that we all wanted. It's nobody's responsibility but mine"

That wasn't in the update when I read it.***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:17 PM

Maybe you should wait for the full transcript then

Nov 30, 2013, 11:20 PM

instead of "quick notes"

I cut and pasted from this article. If you are going to post

Nov 30, 2013, 11:22 PM [ in reply to That wasn't in the update when I read it.*** ]

about an article at least read it

It wasn't in the article when I read it. The article was

Nov 30, 2013, 11:24 PM

updated.

Re: Way to go Dabo. Don't shoulder any of the blame.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Way to go Dabo. Don't shoulder any of the blame. ]

I must have missed something during the game. How many fumbles did Dabo have? How many interseptions did he throw? How many dropped passes did he have? You can have as good of a coach as there is and if players do not execute it is meaningless.I mean God himself could call plays for us but if our players made the same mistakes as tonight we would still loose. This falls squarly on our players.

Players are an extension of the coaches. That many errors is

Dec 1, 2013, 7:12 AM

A direct reflection of poor coaching. That not just bad luck. Penalties at critical times when you should know better. 6 turnovers? And this is not te only game where this has happened!

If a player isnt getting it done, dont put him on the field. Coaching.

If you dont have a player ho can get it done. Recruiting.

If you cant stop the #1 offensive threat after seeing it in film for 10+ weeks! Coaching.

Coaching, coaching, coaching! Face it, Clemson gets outcoached in almost every big game by superior coaches. Les Miles, Mark Richt are not the same level of coach as Jimbo and Spurrier. That is the difference. Period!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who need coaches? Dang we told them to go out and win

Dec 1, 2013, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Way to go Dabo. Don't shoulder any of the blame. ]

and they didn't

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10th line down in this article

Dec 1, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Way to go Dabo. Don't shoulder any of the blame. ]

chief. Read it again.

Hug 25 he was the only guy I saw that wanted it tonight!!!!!***

Nov 30, 2013, 10:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hug 25 he was the only guy I saw that wanted it tonight!!!!!***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:14 AM

Agreed. He and Sammy.

Dabo...

Nov 30, 2013, 10:58 PM

Take responsibility and say it ends now. Say we win next year or you step down.

Nov 30, 2013, 10:59 PM

Hot Rod wanted it more than anyone out there tonight!!!

Re: Football Update: Quick notes on Dabo Swinney post game***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:02 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2013, 11:04 PM

#### Dabo

Fair weather fans

Nov 30, 2013, 11:05 PM

Let you all call for Dabo's head now. That will get our program far. Good thinking guys.

- forget all the positive as soon as something goes bad

Re: Fair weather fans

Nov 30, 2013, 11:30 PM

Exactly, Dabo has done so much for this team. It hurts and pains me whenever we lose to the yardbirds but I'll take a 10 win season and a possible BCS bowl over beating sc. If Dabo were to lose his job that would set our program back drastically

Dec 1, 2013, 1:12 AM

Duke won 10 this year too...just saying.

Dec 1, 2013, 7:19 AM [ in reply to Fair weather fans ]

We must realize we have reached our ceiling with this HC. If we want to get to the next level, change is required.

As another person pointed out, Duke had 10 wins too. Big whoop. If we cannot beat FSU and Scar, none of it matters. I would gladly have only 4 wins and be satisfied if they were UGA, FSU, GTech, and Scar.

This is not fair weather fan stuff. This is being honest. 10 wins in the ACC is nothing to be proud of.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:23 AM

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Satisfied with only four wins??? I don't care who they are against that gets you no where!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:05 PM

No, the center cocked his arm and pulled our guy offsides... The stupid, blind ref missed it. Great Dabo, you call out a player that didn't even do anything wrong. GTFO seriously...

Dec 1, 2013, 7:22 AM

Actually both are true. The center moved his arm and the refs chose to not see it. But it you're right by the ball you move on the ball not the flinch.

Dabo,

Nov 30, 2013, 11:07 PM

"I know how much they are hurting in the Locker room", Good. I'm not trying to be rude but the fans are hurting.

This performance by our team was pathetic! *Hot Rod played tremendous(I do want to give a shout out to him. He played very well).

Really

Nov 30, 2013, 11:08 PM

How many turnovers? Really? Come on let's blame everyone but the elite! Give me a break Dabo. Coaching!!! Calling plays and putting extra help where it's needed.

COOT, you cannot argue with what Dabo say. He is CLASS

Nov 30, 2013, 11:09 PM

You and your coach ARE Classless jerks.

Fair weather team = Fair weather fans

Nov 30, 2013, 11:09 PM

You get what you
Pay for.

No truer words have been posted...

Dec 1, 2013, 7:21 AM

Exactly!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:10 PM

No they read what they want to read.

Did you miss him saying

Nov 30, 2013, 11:12 PM

Is that suppose to make it better? How many times have we heard “My bad” from coaches and players alike? huh?

Did you read the post I was replying to? He said Dabo

Nov 30, 2013, 11:25 PM

did not take the blame and I pointed it out that he did.

I can't do it anymore...

Nov 30, 2013, 11:14 PM

Coach Swinneu, I have praised you ans supported you since you began. I have suffered for four consecutive years as my beloved tigers have lost to the most vile team that has cursed a football field . I have regurgitated every excuse given but no more. After five losses, there are no excuses. On your watch, we have become the inferior foot ball team.. Consistently. I don't care if you have beaten wake or Syracuse or the citadel. You lost the South Carolina five consecutive time. In over a century, you are the only one. Show the class you are constantly talking about, leave . Let's both remember the good times and hope neither you or Clemson football will ever be subjected to this humiliation again.

You, and all other fairweather fans, can leave

Nov 30, 2013, 11:18 PM

and pull for some other team anytime you want...

^^Amen***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:21 PM

i know right...

Nov 30, 2013, 11:25 PM [ in reply to You, and all other fairweather fans, can leave ]

he shouldnt be mad losing to the rivals 5 straight years..be happy we beat wake,cuse,bc,g tech,virginia,maryland,nc state,sc state,georgia,and the citadel some power house teams we beat the last two years in our ten win seasons.10 wins for the win.who needs conference titles or state titles when you are racking up 10 wins a year against those guys?

Coach Swinney *****

Nov 30, 2013, 11:17 PM

its ok dabo..

im glad you are our coach.we got ten wins this season.beating the likes of wake,cuse and maryland during our spectacular season.we did beat georgia. who cares if we lost to fsu keeping us from having a shot at a conference title or losing for a 5th straight time to our in state rivals..as long as we have that 10 in the win colum all is good.

Let's stay home for the bowl. He is a wuss and his team is so soft

Yes

Nov 30, 2013, 11:25 PM

Yes let's fire him and get WHO? Who would coach a clemson team who has three 10 win seasons but can't beat the coots! Wait for it, it's Tommy Nowden ! He's up for it! Are you guys !

im sick of the ten win argument..

Nov 30, 2013, 11:27 PM

lsu and georiga are the only two teams worth a crap in those 20 wins the past two seasons.

and Duke won 10 this year in the ACC. Kinda hurts Dabs argu***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:29 PM

thing is..

Nov 30, 2013, 11:35 PM

dukes ten wins is actually an accomplishment considering the talent they put on the field..ours is like meh cool.but who did we actually beat to get those ten wins.other than georgia.

Well, would you like to be 7-5 or something??***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:40 PM [ in reply to im sick of the ten win argument.. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

id like to..

Nov 30, 2013, 11:43 PM

havea coach who has his team coached up to play in big games.and not just hang on to the well we won ten wins..we had a great season even though we didnt win the conference or beat our rivals.

Re: id like to..

Dec 1, 2013, 7:27 AM

So LSU and GA when they were healthy were not big wins? So you'd rather be back with TB where we beat SC and lose bunches of other games?

Re: Yes

Dec 1, 2013, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Yes ]

I find it humorous when "fans" like you talk about how awesome CU is in everything it does, yet, you just can't seem to wrap your head around the idea that our beloved program is capable of a real home run hire for a football coach instead of an insurance salesman being propped up by a weak schedule and a high school coach who is GROSSLY OVER PAID. It is this defeatist sect in our fan base that led me to quit IPTAY 3 years ago. Best decision I ever made.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:26 PM

We need a real coach not a real estate salesman who tells us what we want to hear.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:28 PM

I have $150k in cash to contribute to get a new coach. Or keep the realtor and I will keep the money

Personally, I would like to see him apologize to the fans

Nov 30, 2013, 11:28 PM

as well as the players. Three 10-win seasons means very little to me right now as all of them have ended (the regular season) with an embarrassing loss. He should apologize to all the fans who have to wake up and see Gamecock family tomorrow, deal with Gamecock neighbors, field random trash talk from random Gamecock social media acquaintances, go to work Monday morning knowing Gamecock fans will be going out of their way to look for Clemson fans, and so forth. I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Gamecock fan in my neighborhood, workplace, or my scout pack who will just be ITCHING to gloat. Apologize to the fans for pouring money and heart into this program only to have our hearts trampled 5 years straight. Apologize to fans like me who are on the front lines and make it obvious we're Clemson fans with license plates, car stickers, flags, shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, and hats. We put our school pride out there 365 days a year knowing we're making ourselves easy targets should we lose to South Carolina. And I'm tired of being the easy target.

And next year, WIN THE EFFING GAME.

Throwing bottles at Clemson players

Nov 30, 2013, 11:31 PM

Hope they taped that. Those "fans" should never be permitted to be in a college stadium again! I wanted tigers to kick coot butt too, but that's just low class. Bad calls, bad QB plays, missed opportunities and BT should have had more help. Defense did well except should have had better guidance with Shaw. He gets them every year!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:32 PM

Nov 30, 2013, 11:33 PM

Last year, Auburn won 3 games.

Tonight they defeated the #1 team in the nation.

That is coaching.

Dec 1, 2013, 12:02 AM

Well, the games against Alabama, and Georgia were out-n-out miracles.
No coaching involved at that point, mainly athletic ability. It's also another year of player maturity and recruiting. They had a good recruiting year, last year.
Like tonight, it was just the way the ball bounces sometime, and Auburn received two gifts. In those two games, the teams were even pretty much up to the end.

That's the problem with the game of football. On any given day, there can be a physical anomaly...'just a hair too tired, a bruised limb, stadium lighting, or sun in the eyes, the list goes on. BUT, it can affect the outcome of the game. All the issues that Adam Humphries had tonight, were totally out of context from the way he's played this season. I know he feels terrible.
Who knows maybe his biorythms were off. :) Everyone has a bad day sometime. The single thing that stands out in this game are turnovers. They had the ball literally twice as much as we did 21min vs 38min, but yet the yardage was fairly even, although it took them twice as many carries. :) Had the defense been able to stop them on some of the long third down situations, reduce the turnovers...Those two items, it becomes a completely different game. Life goes on. Let's get over it, and win the bowl game, just like we did last year.
GO TIGERS!!!

Blah Blah Blah...more of the same crap...where is the

Nov 30, 2013, 11:37 PM

victory over SC??? Dabo can't beat Spurrier because he is an idiot

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blah Blah Blah...more of the same crap...where is the

Dec 1, 2013, 7:33 AM

Really? How many turnovers did Dabo have? Do you think he doesn't coach the kids to hang on to the ball? No team wins against a good opponent with 6 turnovers. Period. If USC had 6 turnovers they would lose to anybody.

Well, would like to 11-1 or something

Nov 30, 2013, 11:46 PM

and always lose to the #####?

Get real fans stand behind our coach and team good and bad

Dec 1, 2013, 12:12 AM

I'm tired of so called real fans bad mouth Dabo and the team. It has been fun the last few years knowing we can beat anybody in the country when we play Clemson football. We have beat some great teams and have lost to some. Yes I hate losing to the gamecoots to but it will turn around again. Our boys played good football tonight but turnovers killed us. As for Williams he seen the center move and did what he supposed to but they knew they couldn't get that 1 yard against our front without cheating and blind refs. Tajh and Adam has won more games for us with there effort than they have lost and I know there hurting but the greatest players that have ever played has made mistakes. So get with the coach and players and enjoy these great seasons or go to USC were they leave early and won't fly the gamecoot stuff when they lose. Go Tigers and proud of you!

Re: Get real fans stand behind our coach and team good and bad

Dec 1, 2013, 1:22 AM

Your post sounds a lot like the Bowden apologists who kept saying, "Just give him a little more time." Keep drinking the kool-aid, meanwhile with every passing year, the advantage we hold in the over all record is being whittled away. Dabo will never beat the chickens again as long as SOS is down their. He proved tonight that he is in his head and it trickled down to and poisoned our team.

At the end of the day

Dec 1, 2013, 12:18 AM

I'm still a Tiger....

Dec 1, 2013, 1:27 AM

10 wins against bad teams! What a joke! This season is a failure Dabo.

same ol same ol Dabo - Just Shut Up***

Dec 1, 2013, 1:29 AM

Changes

Dec 1, 2013, 9:26 AM

You're not a fair weather fan if you call for changes, get real. No one, and I mean, NO ONE can be as die hard of a Clemson fan than I am. However, I am not blind to the obvious. In this particular game, there was nothing wrong with the game plan, other than, as usual, we don't run it enough, and that falls directly on Chad. They could not stop Hot Rod and he should have carried it many more times. Other than than that, our biggest issues come on offensive line. I think BT did a fine job on Doo Doo, his only sack was Tajh's fault. The rest of the OL though? Mostly horrible and that starts and ends with two things. We do not recruit this position the way we should and our S&C program is stuck in the last century. Spurrier retooled their whole S&C dept about five years ago. That number ring any bells? I am off the opinion that Dabo has taken us as far as he can. He's done a great job getting
our program back on track, but it will take someone else for us to take the next step, and to have to gonads to get Batson gone. That's not being fair weathered, that's just being a realist

What

Dec 1, 2013, 9:51 AM

What could he say to make anyone happy? When you lose to your rival, it just sucks. The ten win thing the week after you get the tenth win is just trying to deflect some questions. 10-2 beat a good team in the bowl game and it will be a good year.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic