Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do so many people want the acc to be stronger and have more respect
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,299

Why do so many people want the acc to be stronger and have more respect

Dec 30, 2018, 4:01 PM

The championship trophy doesn’t have our schedule on it. Enjoy the easy path.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do so many people want the acc to be stronger and have more respect

Dec 30, 2018, 4:11 PM

This is the first year I remember it being easier and the team Dabo built has a lot to do with it Louisville and FSU both tanked this year/last. The ACC won’t be that way for long so no it won’t be easy for long but let’s take it while we got it.

I’m thankful Dabo is only concerned with our team being the best they can be. If you would have described what Dabo has done 12 years ago I would have looked at you like you were crazy! I’m so grateful for Dabo’s vision!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 30, 2018, 4:13 PM

Clemson has finished with a top 5 SOS each of the last 3 seasons and we are 11th right now according to these rankings. I wouldn’t call that an easy path.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other?date=2016-01-12

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 4:30 PM

UCF is 74th and whinning? What would the score have been if UCF had played Clemson in the Cotton Bowl rather than ND?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our playoff invite depends on us not the conference.

Dec 30, 2018, 4:34 PM

We give this conference meaning. If not for us we'd be disrespected much more than we are now. Imo, it doesn't matter what anyone says. Talk is cheap, you have to win to make the playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Champions don't seek the easy path

Dec 30, 2018, 4:59 PM

and in this case, we travel the path that is mostly dictated to us but we don't back down or avoid anyone... we don't want to play an easy schedule because it will not prepare us for tougher games in the playoff... Iron sharpens iron, and we have to be able to measure our preparedness by being challenged from time to time...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t remember hearing...

Dec 30, 2018, 5:32 PM

anyone complaining about FSU’s schedule when they were carving up the ACC in the ‘90s and ‘2000s. They were elite and their success was against all levels of competition.

Now we’re the elite program. Who cares what the wannabe’s say? We’re playing in our fourth CFP in a row. We’ve won three semi-final games and a national championship in that time. Only losers would fail to admire and be envious of that level of success.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,299
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic