Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't we have offense like Oregon?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Why can't we have offense like Oregon?

Oct 29, 2013, 3:26 AM

Chad Morris is clearly one of the brightest offensive minds in football. We both run no huddle spread..Our talent has got to be close to Oregons...so why can't we have an offense as strong as Oregon's and put up 60-70 points a game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because we don't have Oregon's

Oct 29, 2013, 3:29 AM

Offensive line

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its the cheer leaders...***

Oct 29, 2013, 3:54 AM

^^^^ This!***

Oct 29, 2013, 10:03 AM

ding ding ding ding***

Oct 29, 2013, 7:56 AM [ in reply to because we don't have Oregon's ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oregon's offense is speed running based

Oct 29, 2013, 4:05 AM

The have been recruiting for it for years. They have the nations fastest QB's and one of the nations fastest RBs playing in their system. They get blown up when they play teams that dominate them at the line of scrimage.

Let's face it, we really don't have the talent of Oregon or

Oct 29, 2013, 4:45 AM

FSU for that matter.

And I am having serious questions about Morris being a brilliant OC. He was fresh and caught some D coordinators off guard his first year here and as Ellingto, Hopkins, Boyd and the O-line got more comfortable, they peaked last year.

But as of late, it appears the other teams have figured Morris out. I know we lost Ellington and Hopkins, but we shouldn't have stalled this badly on offense if Morris is as brilliant as folks claim. The cupboard is not that bare.

I also think part of the issue is Boyd too. Chad has essentially built Tajh and when he came back instead of going pro, it handcuffed Morris to some degree to Tajh. If Tajh played like he did last year, it all works out well. But if not, Chad can't bench him. Too much water under the bridge to do that at this point. It would be an epic disloyalty move that would not only hurt Tajh's NFL status, but also Chad's reputation with folks like Watson - the next phenom.

What you get is where we are at this point with the hope that Tajh and our offense starts clicking on all cylinders again so we win out and beat the coots!

Oh, and you can pretty much rest assured, Chad ain't going anywhere after this year. He needs another QB to bust out so he can really show on his collegiate resume that he can coach someone other than Tajh and not just get lucky with a gimmicky offense approach and some hidden talent like out tight ends, QB, and receivers have shown.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got 1.5 sentences through this post when I realized that

Oct 29, 2013, 10:06 AM

it wasn't worth my time.

Chad isn't one of the brightest

Oct 29, 2013, 7:45 AM

Clearly he is overrated. And a month ago we had terrific talent and now we don't. Suddenly we have a ways to go.

Why can't we have an offense like Baylor's?

Oct 29, 2013, 8:04 AM

Briles coached in high school, Chad coached in high school. We both have animals for mascots. We've played two top 5 teams and they've.... oh well. 2 out of 3 is enough, we should score 60-70 a game too.

Re: Why can't we have offense like Oregon?

Oct 29, 2013, 8:10 AM

The hallmark of a good organization is a team that improves as the year progresses.

Oct 29, 2013, 8:19 AM

Oregon gets blown up? When?

The Ducks have lost 4 games in 4 years. Three of the losses were by 3 points. One was by 13 points.

Oregon gets blown up?

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of you are unreal...

Oct 29, 2013, 8:23 AM

Cannot understand what makes you happy.... complain about 7-1, complain about not scoring 60 points a game...complain...complain...complain. I hope Dabo, Chad and Brent leave for a school and fan base that appreciate what this program has accomplished. Be happy people... we have a lot to cheer about.

Re: Some of you are unreal...

Oct 29, 2013, 8:39 AM

I totally agree. This program is in the best shape that it's been in a long time. We're not going to win every game. There are only one or two teams each year that go undefeated.

I'm sorry, it's really hard to do. Other schools have scholarship players too. Other teams have talent. The margin of error is so small.

What Dabo has done has been a really good job. I want the Tigers to go undefeated too but I'm not going to complain about 11-2 seasons. There's just too many good things about our program. And I believe that Dabo is continuaaly pushing our team to improve. He's proven over the last five years that we can believe in what he's doing. Things are WAY better than just a few years ago.

Re: Some of you are unreal...

Oct 29, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Some of you are unreal... ]

chad and brent will leave soon, but dabo is not going anywhere. have you noticed dabo's name never comes up with reguard to other jobs. there is a reason for that.

Don't forget we've taken some big

Oct 29, 2013, 8:50 AM

Hits on the oline...... JK jay now Guillermo ..... That doesn't help our line situation. Jay was gonna start his freshman year and Guillermo was shaping up pretty well. Crowder will play next year. We just need 4 more like those

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 29, 2013, 9:01 AM

Oregon has a better offensive line and more speed all the way around. Im pretty sure some members of the Oregon Ducks are shoo-ins for the 2016 US Track team. I think if they beat Stanford, they will beat Bama this year in the title game. I think we compare more to Baylor than Oregon at the moment. I personally love our offense and yes FSU beat us. They are the better team (theyve dominated recruiting the past few years) As long as we win out, we have a great chance at a Orange Bowl or a Sugar Bowl berth as an at Large.

1st Post Trolling....I like your style brosiah.***

Oct 29, 2013, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Why can't we have an offense like San Francisco?***

Oct 29, 2013, 9:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't I have $10 million and a supermodel wife?***

Oct 29, 2013, 10:11 AM

COOT***

Oct 29, 2013, 11:07 AM

One word pretty much sums up the difference ... "Nike"***

Oct 30, 2013, 3:05 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive