Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Venables, Morris on win over Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,510

FB Update: WATCH: Venables, Morris on win over Louisville

Oct 11, 2014, 8:45 PM

WATCH: Venables, Morris on win over Louisville

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad is beginning to become exposed a little bit.

Oct 11, 2014, 9:10 PM

His system has obviously contributed to Clemson winning a lot of games, but now that defenses have caught up somewhat and when he play other teams with talent anywhere close to us, Chad has to rely on outsmarting other coaches. In this area he often fails miserably in several key situations.

He is acting like a Lt. Dyke on Band of Brothers on 4th and short. He's frozen and refusing to acknowledge the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os8l-CggUzg

And this video is a complete spin job. Worse than anything Bowden ever did. He's refusing to even acknowledge his playcalling. He completely glossed over the 4th and short anemia. He is awkwardly injecting excuses even when they are not directly relevant. I have to say my opinion of Chad Morris has changed a lot in the last couple years from watching him closely.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad is beginning to become exposed a little bit.

Oct 11, 2014, 9:31 PM

Like I said before. Morris looks like the coach on water boy every time he faces a decent defense. Scared little boy. Glad others are seeing this too. He doesn't havethe ability to make adjustments.

Oct 12, 2014, 12:26 AM

I too have been saying this for awhile, he essentially took Malzone's playbook it worked for awhile but when teams have caught up he can't adjust quick enough. He never speaks like he is accountable it's alway the players. Complete opposite of Venables. Other than Watson he has not personally recruited anyone. Coach V has sealed the deal on several top players. His other weakness is he calls plays that don't suit the skills of the guys he has out there. He has Cole on a QB keeper on 3rd and 4, he is not as powerful as Taj nor as quick of foot as DW. Same with 4th and inches, put Cole under center bring in Fleming or JJ Mac with Choice following.

The best choice would be Laurence Riley of ECU runs multiple schemes, adjusts on the fly and hungry as hell. Hope Morris takes SMU job.

Oct 12, 2014, 1:40 AM

Morris is a bad offensive coach then ?
I swear , if criticisms were available for half off you guys would complain that they were free with the last guy.
Take a break. Our offenses have been nearly unstoppable since the Chad arrived . Note that I said nearly. He is , like all other OC's beaten sometimes. Ask the legend of Bannerville down in Cola if he wins all matchups and beats everyone with his playcalling.
Oh wait.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 12, 2014, 12:41 PM

His ability to match player skill level to the playbook is extremely poor. I have never been impressed with his gimmicks. I would say about 2 years ago he started going backwards based on most people who have played the sport at a college or higher level. The previous OC set the bar so low it wasn't hard for him to initially look good. He adds virtually nothing to the recruiting process.

Like I said, his system has helped us tremendously.

Oct 12, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad is beginning to become exposed a little bit. ]

He is a good coach. But he's not earning his extremely high pay. And he is obviously laying the excuses on thick. His playcalling/adjustments are not consistently good. He is way too obvious in critical situations too often.

Doesn't mean he's not a good coach and it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve credit for our awesome winning percentage lately. But his weakness is the type that you can't win a national championship with.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOTH BAMA & ARKY just failed on 4th &1/2 yard

Oct 11, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Chad is beginning to become exposed a little bit. ]

Both were under center, I thought you guys said under center on short yardage worked ????

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Venables, Morris on win over Louisville

Oct 11, 2014, 9:30 PM

WILD CAT well we know Sakerlina can't stop it lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Venables, Morris on win over Louisville

Oct 12, 2014, 5:04 AM

Found a way to win with a thin O-line and a hurting QB against a nasty defense...thx goodness for the Tiger D, special teams, and making enough plays on offense to pull it out!!!!! gutty team win^^

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic