Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris vs Elliott/Scott?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,730

Chad Morris vs Elliott/Scott?

Oct 21, 2019, 2:17 PM

Seen some posters comments on Coach Morris and I began to wonder about who done better as OC. IMO, I’d take Elliott/Scott. Not just the fact that they have two Nattys but Coach Morris would take some unnecessary risk at times that would just leave me head scratching.

I may like Coach Morris’ tempo a little more though. What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris vs Elliott/Scott?

Oct 21, 2019, 2:23 PM

He liked to throw way too many 40 yard passes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 2:25 PM

Good question...

I think I will put it this way, without Morris, E/S would not have been more successful.

Also Morris did not have the weapons that E/S have had. I would love to see Morris with a healthy and evolved Watson or TL. That being said, the E/S is basically a refined take on the Morris philosophy. Less gimmick, more power.

Morris was loaded with weapons..***

Oct 21, 2019, 5:09 PM

Oct 21, 2019, 2:26 PM

I think the biggest thing that Morris wasn't adjusting to, that Scott and Elliot have done quite well, is adjust to us being the more talented team on the field.

Even while fans protest, they typically stick with basic plays and allow our superior athletes to beat the man in front of them.

Morris tried to make his playcalling win games rather than calling routine plays that would let our elite athletes shine.

It looked great when it worked, but it but us a few times in games where we were having success with basic offense.

He always seemed to try to dazzle viewers when we didn't need anything special.

He also struggled to turn off tempo when necessary.

Morris typically had one heck of a first 10 "s c r i p t e d" plays that put defenses on their heels though.

Oct 21, 2019, 4:37 PM

I think when the Chad was running the show, our OL talent required a little bit more of a gimmicky style offense. We used motion and tempo to keep teams off balance and wear them down. We had the talent at the skill positions, but our OL wasn't really dominant at that point.

Now that we are able to line up and take on pretty much any team in the country at the line of scrimmage, it makes it much easier to call basic plays and just let the talent shine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want a whole new regime to be honest

Oct 21, 2019, 4:51 PM

But if we're just talking between Morris and ScElliott, I'll just say that Morris consistently had top 10 offenses with arguably the worst line play in the ACC. At the very least, I doubt there'd be any drop off if he was the OC right now but I think there's a good chance he could be a little better because it is his offensive scheme after all.

new regime??? you're nuts.

Oct 21, 2019, 5:16 PM

Geeeez.. spoiled fans who have no idea how good we have it right now. Why in the world would anyone want a "new regime"? That's crazy.

and by the way, we ARE NOT running Morris' scheme.***

Oct 21, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to I want a whole new regime to be honest ]

Elliott/Scott have refined what The Chad started. He tended

Oct 21, 2019, 5:22 PM

to gimmick things up to our detriment at times. But, he will always get credit from me for our offense coming into the modern age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,730
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic