Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris to SMU. Just My Thoughts..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 811

Chad Morris to SMU. Just My Thoughts..

Nov 28, 2014, 12:47 PM

I couldn't think of a better opportunity than for Chad Morris to leave Clemson and join another program.
With his conservative offensive play calling this year, it raises questions for the future of our Clemson football program.
A lot of us fans have honestly been complaining on why we are running the same plays and nothing has changed over the entire course of this year.. is it because of the Quarterback issue??? I think so.

IMO Chad Morris yes, he has done a good job here at Clemson... I don't think he has done an excellent job. Reason I say that is because we clearly see that DW is better than CS. Dabo is being fed the notion that CS gives us the best chance to win..
Take into to consideration that CS was a Pro-Style QB.. A Pro-Style QB is not fit for the Spread Offense, nor will it ever.. Dual Threat QB's such as DW is a perfect fit for the Scheme.

If Jeff Scott is the next OC, I hope he can show us what Clemson truly has to offer in the players that should be playing compared to the players that are playing.

Any thoughts?

GO TIGERS!!! BEAT THE COOTS!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris to SMU. Just My Thoughts..

Nov 28, 2014, 12:52 PM

I think you make some very good points while being more than gracious to CM. He has always intended to be a head coach somewhere so why not SMU? It is a school we will never probably play and won't have to recruit against so, his leaving won't affect us much at all. I think this may be the ultimate win-win situation.

Re: Chad Morris to SMU. Just My Thoughts..

Nov 28, 2014, 12:56 PM

If this is the WIN-WIN. Do we go after another OC that runs the spread offense or do we keep Jeff Scott who yes does have a HS title on his resume however, he has shown nothing when it comes to our offensive.

No offense, I don't mind giving him a chance but... is this really what Clemson wants to do? Just throw somebody in the position that has no track record of a great offensive scheme.

Stoudt was not recruited by Morris. Chad is

Nov 28, 2014, 1:06 PM

replaceable in my opinion but to discount what he has done here is naive.

The guy is an excellent coach but does need a certain QB to run his system. Chad Kelly or DW for example.

Replies: 3
| visibility 811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic