Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris and the SMU HC vacany.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,235

Chad Morris and the SMU HC vacany.....

Sep 9, 2014, 1:35 AM

June Jones resigned as head coach of SMU today. Footballscoop.com is saying they expect Morris to be offered the job and to accept the position because of his ties to Texas, his desire to go back there, and his desire to be a head coach sooner than later. Jones annual salary at SMU was 2.1 million dollars so there would likely be a pay raise involved for Morris. This could get very interesting if Morris gets involved and is offered the job and leaves during the season. It would be a big blow to the team for the remainder of the 2014 season and could be a potentially huge blow to our 2015 recruiting class.

Footballscoop.com link.....

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/200395-an-early-look-at-potential-candidates-at-smu

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see it happening

Sep 9, 2014, 2:13 AM

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/june-jones-resigns-smu-top-candidates-next-coach-090814

They should check with BAMA.

Sep 9, 2014, 3:19 AM

They have a guy there who will quit during a game for a promotion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, he could stay and ride Watson to a national championship

Sep 9, 2014, 4:18 AM

and then get a real head coaching job. I mean, that's what I'd do.

According to reports, the SMU DC has been named

Sep 9, 2014, 5:37 AM

interim HC and will be considered for the permanent job.

I would expect the AD to make that permanent hire before the season is over, but I'd be surprised if the selection were to take over until season's end.

Regardless, I believe Coach Swinney has anticipated a potential loss of key personnel and would move post haste to fill a vacancy should any staff depart. Whether or not Coach Morris is offered and accepts another position remains to be seen. He won't be the first nor the last staff member to move elsewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris and the SMU HC vacany.....

Sep 9, 2014, 5:46 AM

Chad Morris isn't going anywhere for at least three more years!!!!

He gave his WORD TO Deshaun Watson that "if you come play for me and my system at Clemson, I will not entertain any coaching moves until your entire career is done at Clemson"

This is a non issue!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris and the SMU HC vacany.....

Sep 9, 2014, 8:25 AM

> Chad Morris isn't going anywhere for at least three
> more years!!!!
>
> He gave his WORD TO Deshaun Watson that "if you come
> play for me and my system at Clemson, I will not
> entertain any coaching moves until your entire career
> is done at Clemson"
>
> This is a non issue!
>
> Go Tigers!!!!

if you believe Morris wouldn't accept a job as a HC at a good school while Watson is here your kidding
yourself. He would have left to be OC at Texas after last season if Clemson had been willing to
lower his buyout.

you have got to be kidding me!! well at least it not about

Sep 9, 2014, 6:25 AM

Stoudt/Watson debate.

LOL....Good morning, RT. Some might suggest the debate

Sep 9, 2014, 6:46 AM

has become de-brawl.

TigerNet...where friends become enemies over mere choices of words one day only to reforge the friendships after a great win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and a good morning to you as well my friend. We are a fickle

Sep 9, 2014, 7:14 AM

bunch sometimes...lol. I have my opinion on the QB situation (and other positions as well) but don't feel the need for everyone to hear them like some others do...lol. It is my amazement that someone would suggest that our OC would possibly leave in the middle of the season---that takes the cake!

First of all....

Sep 9, 2014, 7:47 AM

Football Scoop is the National Enquirer of college football web sites. It's about as reliable as the grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism you routinely read on FGF.

Second, while Chad Morris will become a head coach one day, Morris ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT leave Clemson (particularly in the middle of a season) for SMU. It just ain't happening. There will be a number of other better oppoartunities for Coach Morris than SMU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic