Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Chad Morris

Dec 10, 2012, 5:18 PM

Let me first start by saying that I hope Chad sticks around one more season. I really feel that next year should be a "special" year with our returning upper class. Honestly, I think Morris will be gone if Texas Tech offers and can't say that I blame him. The man wants to be a head coach and he is from Texas, so it appears a natural fit for him. It is apparent that he is ready to go based on all of his interviewing.

I have to admit that I wonder why Chad is so interested in leaving NOW? Again, with all of the returning talent, it appears that the offers would be there next year. Texas Tech, I get it. But, NC State? No offense to State, but again, knowing the opportunities at Clemson next season coupled with the endless head coaching jobs that are available every year. The man makes a nice salary and one would think his stock would only rise after next year.

When that time does come, I trust Dabo will find a suitable replacement but worry about the growing pains of a new offense. I would just rather not see a new offense implemented next season. Forget my selfish reasons from a fan's view, but to a guy like Nuk and Tahj...I hope he decides to stay.

Anyway, wish the best to the Chad and appreciate everything he achieved while at Clemson. If he goes to Texas Tech...congrats. If he doesn't, I hope he withdrawals his name from the candidate pool for one more year. Then, he needs to go. Anything beyond that will just be detrimental to Clemson and that is really all I care about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, he's just practicing.

Dec 10, 2012, 5:19 PM

lmao

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how will anything beyond '13 be detrimental, if chad stays?

Dec 10, 2012, 5:21 PM

i would think the offense would continue to improve, from game-planning to talent and so on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how will anything beyond '13 be detrimental, if chad stays?

Dec 10, 2012, 5:26 PM

I say that under the assumption he starts with the interviews again after next season, wanting a head coaching gig. If he does, he needs to go. When Tahj graduates, I would like the new QB to be under a new OC system the full 4 years.

gotcha. just wasn't sure where you were going with that.

Dec 10, 2012, 5:30 PM

but it makes perfect sense now that i see where you were coming from.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: gotcha. just wasn't sure where you were going with that.

Dec 10, 2012, 5:33 PM

I said QB. I should have said I'd prefer the entire offense have a minimum of 4 years in a new system.

Re: Chad Morris

Dec 10, 2012, 5:44 PM

let the man do as he pleases. if boyd bolts, then our offense is not going to be same. deal with it. Of course, this affects Morris' value too. If offered, he is going to take it.

Dec 10, 2012, 5:45 PM

and you know this how.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2012, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Morris ]

Yeah, guys..."deal with it."

It's almost like some of you think this place is a message board on a Clemson Tigers site where we discuss things pertaining to Clemson. Pssssshhhhhh.

Dec 10, 2012, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Morris ]

Deal with it? What the hell is that supposed to mean? If he leaves, I think we will all have to deal with it.

I want the man to do as he pleases. He is a grown man and can make those decisions for himself. What I am saying is I would LIKE him to stay until Tajh and company graduate. I think Tajh stays another year if Morris is here.

I'm wish the Chad the best, but I am far more concerned with what is best for the Clemson football program than what is best for the career advancement of Chad Morris.

Re:They would have to really decorate the table to get me

Dec 10, 2012, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Morris ]

to leave Clemson,SC for Lubbock, Texas, especially if I was, already. making 1.3 million

Re:They would have to really decorate the table to get me

Dec 10, 2012, 6:29 PM

My guess is they would decorate it nicely. Beauty is in the eye if the beholder. Chad is from Texas, so he may like it there.

Listen, if he goes to Texas Tech and does well, other Texas schools will take notice and then the table gets decorated even more.

If chad leaves for TT, he will never get an offer from aTm or Texas or TCU

Dec 10, 2012, 6:36 PM

They are not going to take a HC from TT. This will be his first and last stop as D1 HC in Texas.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic