Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Kelly Timeline - for those who appear to have forgotten
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Chad Kelly Timeline - for those who appear to have forgotten

Sep 20, 2015, 7:52 AM

Yes, he looked good playing for Ole Miss last night. Yes, that was a very high profile win. NO, I do not yet think he deserves any of my respect...at least not yet. Let's recap people:

High-School - Chad Kelly was kicked out of not one, but TWO different high schools, due to behavior issues related to the football team.

June 2011 - He was then hand-picked by Chad Morris to run the offense. I’m sure there was lots of “I’ll never do it again…give me another chance” talk regarding his previous encounters.

January 2012 – Chad Kelly…releases a self-titled rap song about how he’s the best…Chad Kelly…not I’m not kidding…Chad Kelly…what an arrogant piece of crap I am…Chad Kelly. At least that’s what I heard the one time I listened to it. It goes with his self-given nickname..."SWAG."

January 2012 – Before even arriving on campus, Chad Kelly tweets to Cole Stoudt that he’s not coming to be a backup and will be taking his spot. “You’re on the bench for a reason, and I’m coming soon. Just letting you know.” Great way to get your soon to be teammates to welcome you with open arms…right? No, not really...the coaches had to get involved. HE'S NOT EVEN ON CAMPUS.

April 2013 – Chad’s seemingly doing okay. He took the redshirt situation in stride…fortunately no threats were made involving semi-automatic weapons (he’ll tuck that one in his pocket for later, you’ll see). Getting some action in the spring game, he tears his ACL on a non-contact (also not necessary) run play.

September 2013 – Chad shows what a freak of nature he can be if he puts his mind to something. Recovers is 5 short months and gets playing time in 5 games this year.

April 2014 – After an offseason, Chad’s the man now (that's when things appear to go bad for him). Except there’s this Senior (who admittedly our coaching staff seems to love a little too much at times) and an all-world Freshman, Watson, to compete against. That issue doesn’t make it past the spring game, where Chad Kelly publically questioned the coaches decision in A SPRING GAME and found himself the bench the 2nd half, where he reportedly spent the afternoon snipping at any coach who would come close enough. Wow…just wow.

April 2014 – Chad Kelly, still fuming, is involved in a small fender bender. He tries to get the other party to ignore it so he won’t face any trouble…then threatens her when she refuses and calls the police and leaves the scene. That’s called a HIT & RUN, in case you weren’t paying attention.

April 2014 (same day)- Feeling in such a great mood for talking, he heads right on over to HEAD COACH Dabo Swinney’s office to tell him how stupid he is for not letting him get more PT in the SPRING GAME. When Dabo tells him he’s out of line, Chad attempts to PHYSICALLY GO AFTER DABO. The police are called and he is forcibly removed from campus. That’s twice in as many hours of having the police called…for those playing the home game.

April 2014 – Chad Kelly is dismissed from Clemson University and the Clemson Football Team.

December 2015 – Chad’s been doing okay. Looks like he learned his lesson and is taking his lumps. Leads his Junior College team to the National Title and appears to be headed to Ole Miss, signing with them as planned.

December 2015 – Days, I mean not even a full business week, later Chad Kelly lets it go to his head...you may be seeing a pattern now. He gets in a physical bout with bouncers outside of a night club. Remember the semi-automatic weapon referenced earlier…yeah he didn’t hold back this time. "I'm going to go to my car and get my AK-47 and spray this place,” were his words before once again, trying to flee the scene. When pulled over minutes later by police responding to the issue he had to be “forcibly removed” from the vehicle, then “tried to kick and swing at officers,” “resisted getting into the patrol vehicle,” and “continued to give officers trouble at central booking.”

I'm all for the kid hopefully turning his life around. But the love fest here last night was sickening. The guy has a VERY LONG history of not being able to handle success and letting his bad attitude, his cockiness or both be his undoing. Good game last night "SWAG"...but you're gonna need at least this season, if not your next of handling success with class for me to truly believe you've changed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic