Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Kelly - Thoughts?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Chad Kelly - Thoughts?

Oct 26, 2014, 4:37 PM

So the hot rumor on TechSideline is that Chad Kelly has been offered to come play in Blacksburg next year. From what I read, he's a talented guy but the circumstances of his no longer playing for Clemson are very mixed. Everything from dismissing his "antics" as overblown to calling him someone that has no business being part of a football team.

You guys I know would know more about him. What are your thoughts? I am assuming that if he were to head to Virginia Tech that he would be good enough to beat out Brewer (who seems to be playing scared these days). Also, I was under the impression that ACC transfers have to sit out two years... would that not be true of Kelly since he was kicked off the team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Kelly - Thoughts?

Oct 26, 2014, 4:38 PM

Someone is about to say...no one cares. He's not our problem anymore.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lots of baggage***

Oct 26, 2014, 4:39 PM

Oct 26, 2014, 4:39 PM

Honest opinion...

He's very talented, but he can also be a hot head. Has to find that balance, and he will be successful.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 4:40 PM

gifted runner, good arm. Not sure if he can read a defense, we never found out here.

he blew up on the coaching staff during and after the spring game, and words were said behind closed doors with coach swinney.

Enjoy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 5:11 PM

From what I understand, he was a passenger in a car that was involved in a fender bender with a prominent CU female. When she wanted the cops called, he was very disrespectful to her. She told Dabo what he said but has never commented more about it.

has the talent to be a great one..

Oct 26, 2014, 4:40 PM

but his attitude is garbage

Physically better than any QB on your roster

Oct 26, 2014, 4:41 PM

Mentally, well, let's just say he had issues in high school and issues at Clemson with the same "immaturity" (read he's kind of a total ####) issues.

Re: Physically better than any QB on your roster

Oct 26, 2014, 4:43 PM

Gifted, immature, not sure he is a team player and understand authority...maybe he has grown some

Probably better than L. Thomas or M. Brewer...but...

Oct 26, 2014, 4:43 PM

If Chad Kelly ends up in Blacksburg, the Hokies will have a QB that can be productive. But BEWARE of his baggage. He doesn't call himself "Swag" for nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if I was a VT fan, I'd take him

Oct 26, 2014, 4:44 PM

he has major potential. But he's a potential Johnny Manziel/Jameis Winston - he thinks ALOT of himself.

If your coaches can deal with the bad Chad/good Chad stuff, he may pay dividends for you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen his rap video? It pretty much sums him up

Oct 26, 2014, 4:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28V8U32RdB8

Re: Have you seen his rap video? It pretty much sums him up

Oct 26, 2014, 5:08 PM

Wow. I had never bothered to watch that before. What trash. Glad he is gone.

You guys need a spark. He's high risk - high reward.

Oct 26, 2014, 5:01 PM

He's talented beyond any QB you have on your team.

But..he was suspened so many times from his first High School that he had to transfer to another state to avoid expulsion.

While there, he had a few run in's, but showed the talent and cockiness you want in a mobile QB to run the spread. Chad Morris personally recruited Kelly, staying extensively in upstate NY, which is unusual for a Offensive coordinator.

But, his attitude stinks. He's beyond full of himself and is very immature. Comes off as a punk. His teammates didn't care for him.

But there is no doubt that he is cocky and talented.

Beamer could save his career with him, or go down in shame.

He'll be a BIG roll of the dice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Oct 26, 2014, 5:02 PM

He's not an ACC transfer. He would be a JUCO transfer. He's a punk. He got kicked off his HS team, and he got kicked off his college team. He's a cancer to any team. Good luck with him.

Oct 26, 2014, 5:16 PM

we are talking about Va Tech. Beamers job is on the line. He has not had a quarterback in years.
what you wanna bet ---if this happens Kelly realizes it is his last rodeo and rides it to greatness.

His problem is the same as many other. High School hero, worshiped by all. Girls aplenty.

Their ego is hard to overcome when they get to the next level.

read: spoiled---immature--cocky even arrogant

But, I think he is at least smart enough to realize that this is his last chance on the big stage.

Hell,with our quarterback situation, I would take him back if you could count on him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As talented as he is, he was kicked off his HS team

Oct 26, 2014, 5:04 PM

and Clemson. He was talking smack to other players via twitter before he ever got here.

You just better hope he has changed before he gets there.

Honestly, I see it as desperation to get something by VT. The VT teams 10 years ago would have never thought about taking him.

You like having the tail wag the dog?

Oct 26, 2014, 5:07 PM

Frank won't tolerate Kelly's bullshift long enough for him to see the first game. He's a whineazzbich that acts like a two year old who wants apple pie before supper.

He'll probably put you back in the top of the conference if you get his mama and daddy to move close enough to control his anger issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You like having the tail wag the dog?

Oct 26, 2014, 5:21 PM

Frank kept a kicker around who committed a B&E. They don't care about discipline anymore there.

Great talent, but significant immaturity

Oct 26, 2014, 5:09 PM

I'm not sure how he would fit at VA Tech. He'd certainly be the most talented QB that you would have based on what I know of your current roster. However, I'm not sure your coaches or fans would want to put up with his immaturity any more than ours did. I'm thinking the best comparison to VA Tech QB's that I can remember would be Marcus Vick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swag***

Oct 26, 2014, 5:13 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 5:14 PM

########. That is all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talented, but a cancer in the locker room***

Oct 26, 2014, 5:17 PM

Probably something like this...

Oct 26, 2014, 5:22 PM

"I'm the swagginest Swaginator of all Swaggination!"

Or maybe "Look out punk biatches thinkin' you got the skill over the Chad Swag K-Bomb!"

Or "Gonna take yo job while you sit and sob."

Or "Y'all be ridin' the pine while the Swag is super fine! Right!"

Seem like some Chad Kelly thoughts. Hard to say what goes through that kid's noggin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic