Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How is the OTA digital TV reception in Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,199

How is the OTA digital TV reception in Clemson?

Aug 13, 2013, 4:29 PM

Around my part of the state, you can get quite a few TV stations just using an antenna. What has been everyone's experience while tailgating?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the cell phone reception is any indication....

Aug 13, 2013, 4:30 PM

Not too good !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Cell reception is great in Clemson...

Aug 13, 2013, 4:45 PM

but when you have 80,000+ people in one area in addition to the normal population of Clemson who all have cell phones it overloads the infrastructure pretty quickly. It doesn't make sense for phone companies to put the infrastructure in place to support 80,000+ devices when there's only that many people in the area 7 weekends out of the year.

Sorry for the rant. That's the computer engineer in me speaking.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My good friend used to work for Avaya then later

Aug 13, 2013, 6:49 PM

worked directly for USC in managing their telecom. He also was the on-site tech for communications on game day in WB for several years.

He told me that on game day weekends, the university brought in some sort of portable device that added thousands of cellular channels that was connected with some huge fiber cable back through the university. I'm not clear on the exact technical details, but basically it was a way to temporarily expand access to visitors.

I haven't been to a game in WB since the 0-21 game, so I can't say what cell service is like on game day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is the OTA digital TV reception in Clemson?

Aug 13, 2013, 4:45 PM

If you have a decent antenna you should be able to get between 15 and 29 digital stations in the Clemson area. Mostly depending on the quality of the antenna.

I get NBC and Fox without cable.***

Aug 13, 2013, 5:55 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic