Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning, how was everbody’s weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

Good morning, how was everbody’s weekend?

Mar 5, 2018, 6:58 AM

Friday-worked

Saturday-worked

Sunday-relaxed

Still an 8.75/10 because shooty hoops backdoored their way into a double bye and baseball won the series against the dirtpeckers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great weekend b/c great weather, coot beatdown

Mar 5, 2018, 7:07 AM

Fri: Joes Pizza in Clemson, celebrated CU grad who is off to new job in Dallas
Sat: Yardwork, good exercise, helped older son install a French drain between house and pool, drank some good beer and then ate at Lost Cajun ??
Sun: Sore, but spent day looking at property in Pickens County and near TR, nice steak dinner after going home
9/10

lol at looking at property 1 week after

Mar 5, 2018, 7:49 AM

mortgage is paid off :)

Sick and tired of the drive on I-85 between Spart/Gvegas

Mar 5, 2018, 7:55 AM

Dont wanna keep doing that when I leave my current job.

My LOLUTZ moment there was French drain/Cajun food.***

Mar 5, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to lol at looking at property 1 week after ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning, how was everbody’s weekend?

Mar 5, 2018, 7:15 AM

Finished my screen porch! screening is way easier than I thought it would be. highly recommend the screen tight brand.

Still here so a positive

Mar 5, 2018, 7:21 AM

Friday - was supposed to be off so planned to smoke smoke some pork but phone started blowing up with coworker dumbassery and so didn't get meat on until after 11. Rest of day was not too bad but no pork until after 10:00 pm

Saturday- dinged around cleaning out the garage made a dump run, watched the shootyhoops debacle, finally ate pork.

Sunday - typical lunch with mom, afternoon with in laws,

Dat Tiger bessball doh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Mar 5, 2018, 7:47 AM

Friday - Daddy daughter date night at CFA. They really did it up, table cloths, flowers for the daughters, a limo ride around the block, a waitress taking our order at the table and bringing out combos out on a plates. Daughterof loved it, lots of laughs and smiles were had.

Home Friday night to watch more "I Shouldn't Be Alive" and worked until 1130 on a down system.

Saturday - Up early and hit the gym, home to cook breakfast, headed over to Academy to get Sonof a new duffle bag for our trip to NYC this summer and daughterof new soccer cleats for this spring season. Hit B&N to get the gf a journal and daughterof a new chapter book. I made Sonof who is learning to drive, drive through town for practice. He went to pick up a job application and then we chilled at the house for a little while. Headed to gf's for dinner, chicken stir fry.

Sunday - Hit the gym early, home to cook all the bacon we had in the house and then stuff my face with all the bacon. Took Sonof to learn to parallel park and do 3 point turns which no one does anymore. Chilled around the house afterward. Wound the day down watching Suicide Squad and then Edge of Tomorrow.

Caught 3 biguns

Mar 5, 2018, 7:48 AM

on Friday.

Saturday went down to clean out my granddad's lake house. Unreal how much stuff a man can collect in a lifetime. Launched the boat and didn't catch a dern thing that afternoon.

Sunday, went to church and finally had time to finish the zip line. Got McJr's toddler swing and sent him for a ride. The brake needs a little twerk but it's mostly safe as it is.

Show us your face!

Mar 5, 2018, 8:17 AM

We wanna see your face!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Show us your face!

Mar 5, 2018, 8:43 AM

Bend over and I'll show you***

Mar 5, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Show us your face! ]

before I saw the gif, I read it in that guy's voice***

Mar 5, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Show us your face! ]

What did you catch them on?***

Mar 5, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Caught 3 biguns ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Appears to be some sort of boat, but hey...

Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 AM

I ain't no mariner.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ned rig, crankbait, and spinnerbait***

Mar 5, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to What did you catch them on?*** ]

Re: Caught 3 biguns

Mar 5, 2018, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Caught 3 biguns ]

True that on the "accumulation of stuff over a lifetime".

We cleaned out my grandparents house after the passed, since we were moving in.

I was being super OCD and organizing everything that we found.

I think there were:

12 pairs of fingernail clippers

nearly a 5 gallon bucket full of ink pens

20 something coffee cups

15 decks of playing cards

those are just some of the items that jumped out at me. The older generation was really "bad" about hording things. I'm trying to do better (except for tools), but its difficult.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

There is a 30 yard dumpster in my mom's driveway

Mar 5, 2018, 9:44 AM

at this very moment. Trying to do some of this while she is still here but it is tough b/c it is hard for her to let stuff go, especially stuff that was my dad's. Cleaned out the back "utility" room of all my dad's paperwork that he had saved. I don't think the man ever threw away a sheet of paper. I'm talking bills and bank statements from the early to mid 70s. Ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: There is a 30 yard dumpster in my mom's driveway

Mar 5, 2018, 10:08 AM

I have power bills and stuff like that from the 50's - I actually kept a few because it's "neat".

I have pads of business letterhead from both of my grandparents (farmer and builder) - which is really cool.

Copies of wedding anouncements and obituaries for most of my great-great grandparents, great grandparents, on down to my own wedding announcement.

Old scraps of paper with the invoices for my grandpa's farm "5Klbs nitrogen to Uncle Adidas in excange for X bushels of collards".

Yeah, found and kept some cool old stuff as well

Mar 5, 2018, 10:20 AM

Only problem is having to sort through EVERY.DAMMN.PIECE. becuase you don't want to accidently throw out something that you would want to keep. Have moved onto the attic now. What a train wreck. Trying to decide what to do with the 3' x 3' x 2' high stack of National Geographics from the 60s. Not sure if there is any value there or not. Most likely not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, found and kept some cool old stuff as well

Mar 5, 2018, 10:29 AM

There's probably nude's in those. My grandpa had one with France on the cover. It had some non-african neeples in it. When my mom was cleaning out his stuff, I asked her to keep the France national Geographic from the mid 90's. When she actually found it and mailed it to me, I felt bad for telling her why I wanted it.

Mar 5, 2018, 7:52 AM

I wont bore you all with the details, but it was exhausting.
Glad to be back at work, where I can get some rest.

LUVED the weather. 8/10

Mar 5, 2018, 7:58 AM

Friday worked and it sucked
Saturday sat all day at a softball tourney and froze my ### off
Sunday Church, then nap and watch Clemson Baseball beat them #####.
6/10 for pure laziness.

Mixed bag

Mar 5, 2018, 8:13 AM

Friday: worked until 6:30PM, got home, ate and in bed

Saturday: slept in a bit, got up, promptly fell down the stairs, got a still nice sized bruise on my elbow and some back pain. Watched high school state basketball championships. Didn't do much because

Sunday: went to Cootlumbia for soccer stuff came back and rested. COuldn't sleep well. Heard baseball team won and the basketball team isn't terrible

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two words: Life Alert

Mar 5, 2018, 8:47 AM

I'm worried about you, Mauldawg.

Welp, the Tigers won and lost but I didn't die

Mar 5, 2018, 8:18 AM

Friday - went to the rodeo at Garrison. Watch one bull get personally upset some dood was on his back. Tossed that poor kid around 3 or 4 times with his horns.

Sat - Watched Clemson play 5 on 8. Cooked NY Strips

Sun - Church, chill.

6.932/10 cuz I hate ACC officiating

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I'm trying to make some room on the schedule for rodeo

Mar 5, 2018, 8:56 AM

at the Garrison arena. There's a kid here in RH that rides bulls and told me, I had no idea they did that there.

Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 AM

Friday: goofed off and went to dinner out. It was way over priced, but we were using up some old gift cards. So it didn't cost us anything but the tip.

Saturday: I worked around the house catching up on some stuff I've been putting off. I made a crock pot roast and we went to the daughterof's house for dinner.

Sunday: A lot of running around town.

Monday: 3/5 of the gkids will be here shortly. I'm not really sure why they are out of school today. We will pick up 2/5 of them from daycare a little while from now. Maria's activity for them today? Making candles. T's and P's please.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 8:33 AM

Good. First weekend no dranking in a couple of years, so I tried to stay busy.

- Worked out hard on Saturday and Sunday
- Washed/waxed/vaccumed both cars while listening to Sturg
- Blowed all remaining leaves and got em out by the road for PW to pick up
- Removed sticks from the yard
- Mowed grass, weed eated sprayed roundup
- Trimmed shrubs
- Went on 3 or 4 calls with the FD. Put out 2 fires and sawed through the hood of a mazda miata to help out a fire
- Almost had seggs one time
- Cooked the best chicken wangs I've ever had on Saturday night (recipe below)
- Watched 2 seasons of Dexter..I'm at the part where a very important character deaded in Dexter's house.

12 wings:

Rub wings in dis:
1 part salt, 1 part black pepper, 1 part ground cayenne, 1 part paprika, 1 part garlic powder, 1 part brown sugar ('ve had them before without the brown sugar and it's almost too savory).

Bake
365* for 35 minutes
Flip and bake for 15-20 more minutes

Grill
Only keep 2 burners on. Grill wings on opposite side. About 350 or 400...not too hot. Baste in your favorite buffalo wang sauce. Let 'em get crispy.

I like mine a little more done than most, but you don't have to grill them long...it's just to baste:

How is Tote1's miata?***

Mar 5, 2018, 9:36 AM

Re: How is Tote1's miata?***

Mar 5, 2018, 9:41 AM

Dead AF

Mar 5, 2018, 8:34 AM

Friday night - chilled around the house and did some prep work in the house for Saturday.
Saturday - worked on one of the spare bedrooms, watched a little golf, CU basketball and baseball.
Sunday - worked in the attic some, watched a little golf and CU baseball.

YFI - I've said this before but I love reading these threads on Monday. It amazes me all the different stuff you people do on the weekend. ms midland and I have been renovating the house we are living in and doing most of the work ourselves (yes I cheap) so much of what I do on the weekend is house related. Rather boring compared to some of you!

9/10!

Mar 5, 2018, 8:34 AM
2BillGT.jpg(114.5 K)

Friday - Worked half day. Got haircut. Went for a run. Picked up old car from shop. Watched X-men Apocalypse. Was good.

Saturday - Worked around the house. Went to a buddies wedding. Rambling Wreck was there. Put my lucky Natty $2 bill on it.

Sunday - Got the Mazdacar cleaned, washed, and waxed and listed for sale. Cleaned the Minivan. Added Clemson stickers to new truck. Played with the kids.

9/10. Would do again.

Whale.....

Mar 5, 2018, 8:35 AM

Friday night we did the last minute weigh-in of our pinewood derby car. Friday afternoon we had a near disaster when the wheels became super-glued to the axle. The drop I put to keep it in the wood groove and straight ran down to the end of the axle inside the tire. Locked up the tires. Lesson learned - always place on flat surface to let super glue dry. Acetone and some rough pushing and it melted/flaked/came off. Weigh in was exactly 5 oz. Paint was metallic gold.

Saturday - Pinewood Derby @ 10am. We finished third in the den. Not good, but considering 18 hours earlier the car didn't roll, I'd call it a success. Saw my dad, who's on hospice, afterwards. Got a great pic of him and all of us.

Sunday I went to the lake with our 9-year-old and did my bi-weekly treatment of my mother's water system (gets water from the lake), and checked her water leak and roof, and updated her GPS and bought her some groceries. Came back and had soccer tryouts Sunday afternoon. 4-year old did better in the evaluation tests than our 9 year old. lol.

Washed five loads of laundry.

Ate Messican last night and read a Scooby Doo story to our 4-year old future soccer star.

No #####, as usual. Probably didn't spend enough time with the kids or something, had I bothered to even ask. 7/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 8:42 AM

Friday - Worked until 7p. Dinner at Sushi restaurant for my son's b-day. All sets of grandparents and a few great-grands were there. 20 folks in all. Great time.

Saturday - First coach's pitch game of the season. The boy's team won. The smallest kid on the team (like by a foot) drove in the winning in the bottom of the last inning with bases loaded, 2 outs and 2 strikes. It was awesome.

Sunday - Went in to work for the startup after our 2 week shutdown. A major problem has delayed start up by 3 days. Luckily it wasn't on one of my jobs. I went back home since there was nothing for me to do. I fixed the wife's van, which took the better part of the day. Baseball practice in the evening - my son took one to the side of the head and got a nice shiner. He shook it off after a few tears and went back to it. I was proud.

6/10

Won't ever dew again

Mar 5, 2018, 8:46 AM

Friday - drove to Nashville for last meeting with wedding planner. Traffic was turrible b/c Atlanta. Got there and had a few drinks with in-laws = 2/10

Saturday - met with wedding planner to discuss day of timeline. Dumb ##### millenial who was a planner in training didn't know how to make coffee, said she only buys it. Had to make my own got ### coffee.

Ate lunch DT Nashville. Hate DT Nashville. Food was meh, ladies were hawt, sorry no ninjas since with fiance of and her parents.

Drove home after, traffic was surprisingly turrible. Made it home in time for a few Maker's and a few eps of Peaky Blinders (whoever recommended, TIA in advance) = 2/10 for Tommy Shelby

Sunday - had to work until 1, drank beer rest of day and worked on smoker (trying to strip the stock paint, re-prime and paint). Made a costco run to stock up on brisket, pork, steaks, chicken and other meats #txtf = 5/10 b/c working on Sunday blows.

Overall = 3.5/10. Won't ever dew again (knock on wood) b/c i'll never go through another wedding. And #### Nashville.

You just need to go to Nashville with the right people.

Mar 5, 2018, 8:59 AM

I NEVER have anything less than an absolutely stellar time in Nashville.

Bad signs bruh.

Mar 5, 2018, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Won't ever dew again ]

The more elaborate the wedding.....well. I'm done with the wedding stage and I'm at the in-between stage. In between all of your friends getting married and funerals. I got maybe 20 years of hopefully few of either.

If I had it to do over again I'd get hitched at the courthouse. Also, better move the heck away from Nashville.

Best of luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday: Eye appointment. Went from 720 to 1080. Crazy.

Mar 5, 2018, 8:49 AM

Ran some errands, that's about it, drank.

Saturday: Took out trash, ran some errands, Held the the couch all day. Drank.

Sunday: Church with the kids. Wanted to take them outside but time didn't line up. Drank WAY too much. Woke up at 12, threw up.

Feel like #### today. Last class for my Masters starts today so that's fun. Whatever.

Drinks: Lil Something Something, Redhook

Solid 6/7.5

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Friday: Eye appointment. Went from 720 to 1080. Crazy.

Mar 5, 2018, 8:59 AM

Red hook... are you talking about the beer, or BigDaddy®/clemsonrulez08®'s peanus?

yes***

Mar 5, 2018, 9:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Weekend was somewhat weekendy.

Mar 5, 2018, 8:52 AM

Friday, took pup for a nice stroll, went and picked up tacos, came home and ate said aforementioned tacos and drank several Mexican Ashtrays, watched something on TV probably...can't eggs hackley remember.

Saturday, spent the morning drinking coffee and going down the YouTube rabbit hole of discovering obscure psychedelic blues bands of the late 60s/early 70s, of which there are MANY that even a self-proclaimed anonymous internet music guru like myself did not know they existed. I tend to get carried away doing that and next thing you know, it was noon. Got cleaned up, ate something, then went to RH Mom's to let Tiger run in the backyard while Mom and I watched stupid indoor sports game. How Sarah Coots isn't undefeated because of the 28,000 fans in the 28,000 seats of their 28,000 capacity arena boggles my mind in 28,000 ways. No matter, stickball team won, and then I went to play LOUD rock and roll until the wee hours of the morning.

Sunday, got up and drank coffee, listened to more music on YouTube, did a few chores around the house, went to grocery store, came home and did steaks in cast iron pan, watched Walking/Talking Dead, then crashed like the coots hope of winning a baseball series.

Not my most productive weekend, but mostly relaxing and stress-free (minus the ratbasserball game). Definitely not a gold medal because not enough doping, but solidly a silver medal effort.

Re: Weekend was somewhat weekendy.

Mar 5, 2018, 9:03 AM

I also hammered down some mexican ashtrays.

Our trip to RH a few weeks ago (and Willy Taco) changed my life. Mexican Ashtrays are now my life.

RH Tig - do you have any "special tricks" to yours?

Mar 5, 2018, 9:12 AM

RH Tig puts the blood of his enemies in the top of his can.

It makes ALL the difference.

Mar 5, 2018, 10:11 AM

Sounds good.

Does anybody know how I can get in touch with T-Balm?

I float the top of a can of Tecate with Valentina hot sauce.

Mar 5, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Weekend was somewhat weekendy. ]

It's more citrus than more vinegar, and thicker than most other hot sauces. Sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, smoked paprika to crust the top, then a generous squeeze of fresh lime...then pop and consume. The first time I experienced these was at a bar that rimmed a glass with hot sauce and spices, and then poured a Corona on top of a jigger of tequila. Actually much better without the tequila in my opinion, but doing it in a glass would be far less messy. Of course, the can top is what gives it the 'ashtray' look.

Mmmm, okay. Fine, thanks for asting.

Mar 5, 2018, 9:04 AM

Fried Day, date nite wid the missus at Village Tavern, skrimp and grits and hopslam on tap.

Saturn's Day, collected youngest from Boone for sprang brake.

Sun Day, church. Long afternoon nap.

That's, that's about it.

Oh, youngest got to enjoy Robert Earl Keen all the way

Mar 5, 2018, 9:13 AM

back home, so that was enjoyable.

I'll bet youngest thought the road would go on forever.***

Mar 5, 2018, 9:27 AM

The child did not realize that was a really sad song!***

Mar 5, 2018, 9:29 AM

purty #### good, bbq, a whole lotta beer and booty!

Mar 5, 2018, 9:27 AM

helped a friend frame up a storage shed in his back yard, I think we may have drank a beer for every board we put up, but at least the gnats weren't bothering us.

####...it smelled like ####

Mar 5, 2018, 9:28 AM

Fridy - Worked out and drank beers

Satidy - new fridge arrived. Helped 2 worker guys move out old fridge. They said it was the heaviest fridge they've ever lifted (more than the 800 lbs Sub-Zero). I'm no Hercules but I'm stronger than the average male and I've never tried to move that much weight before that wasn't a car I was rolling. They left the sumbich on the side porch because they would need more guys to get it down the steps and needed plywood to roll it to the truck because it would just sink into the grass if we tried that. New fridge is like a hotdog in a hallway.

Had beers, made #####, bed.

Sundy - noticed a funny smell coming out of the masterbathroom air vent. I think something crawled down in it and decided to ded. SMell is horrible. I cut all air flow off downstairs so it wouldn't spread. Tried getting lazy ### HVAC companies to come out on Sundy, but none of those brokebacks wanted to earn some extra cheese. So they're supposed to come have a looksie today.

Pigs

Tickle It's kitchen be like

Mar 5, 2018, 9:41 AM

Fridge looks good fam

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ####...it smelled like ####

Mar 5, 2018, 10:23 AM [ in reply to ####...it smelled like #### ]

Sorry dude, it's highly likely that I'm much stronger than you. Not claiming I'm the strongest person or a bad ###, but I am much stronger than the average American male. I was skinny as a youth, and when I see people from my youth that haven't seen me in years they are surprised by how much muscle I have added over the years. So highly unlikely you could do anything to me if challenged me. Most likely I would just shove you to the ground and tell you take your loss like a man without even punching you.

asspensive

Mar 5, 2018, 9:30 AM

Friday-Met up with an old friend I haven't seen in a while and went out to eat At Nico's oyster bar. Solid Meh. Expensive. Left there and went to a place that just opened-Salt Water Cowboy on Shem creek. Pretty good. Not as expensive.

Saturday-slept late, got up, ran some errands, had dinner at Local's sushi place. Left there and went to Red's for a beer, Later went to see some of the Blue Dogs play at Mainland Container. After that, ended up at the Southern for more drinks.

Sunday- Hungover AF, slept til 1. Went to the Shelter for lunch (chicken bog was good) Walked to Red's for a beer (not as sketchy this week), then went home. Tried to nap on the couch but the dogs weren't having it cause they kept barking at everything. Got up, had dinner at the neighbors as they tried to watch the Oscars and my wife heckled it.

I'll give it 8/10 yelp stars-good to hang with old friends, but spent too much money doing it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too bad

Mar 5, 2018, 9:35 AM

Piddled in the yard Friday, nothing too noteworthy happened. Got some Arnold's for lunch Saturday, then perused Tractor Supply for a bit. Got home and started spreading mulch, vastly underestimated how much mulch I needed. Got 5 yards spread in under an hour, was a revolutionary experience. Then watched Clemson get hosed by the refs, I think Jim Boeheim may be more punchable than Paul Johnson...Hate that guy and his whiny bisch ###.

Went to Esso to eat lunch Sunday, if you get there before 11:30 it's possible to get in. Took dog to the lake for a little while, then that pretty much concluded the weekend. As always, it was far too short.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love me some Esso meat and 3***

Mar 5, 2018, 9:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful how much you piddle

Mar 5, 2018, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Not too bad ]

in the yard, you could kill the grass.

I've annihilated sections of the grass

Mar 5, 2018, 9:43 AM

Wet lawn does not like R4 tires.

Re: I've annihilated sections of the grass

Mar 5, 2018, 10:34 AM

my mini-ex tracks laugh at your R4 tires. even dry lawn hates the tracks.

I would buy a few acres in the middle of nowhere just so I

Mar 5, 2018, 10:48 AM

could get a mini-ex to play around with.

Very fun, thank you for asking

Mar 5, 2018, 9:39 AM

Fri - head down to chucktown for Cowboy Mouth at the Windjammer. Get down there a little later than we want, but try to take family to eat at Shem Creek Bar and Grill, get there 8ish. Tell us it is an hour to hour and a half wait, LOLOLOLOL out freaking loud. Go to Red's Ice House, Red's saves the day. Sat in about 10 minutes, blackened grouper sandwich was pretty darn good. Coast Hop Art IPA was great. Get kids settled in hotel room and hit the Windjammer to meet our friends that also came down for the concert. Enjoy about 2-1/2 hours straight of Cowboy Mouth and Fred doing what they do. Hang around after the show and talk to Fred and get a pic. Tell him my wife's name is Jenny, he tells us the song Jenny Says is about a redhead. Real shocker there. NOT.

Sat - pack up and head downtown, sister-in-law works at one of the libraries and has us tickets for the children's museum. Can't figure out a good place to eat lunch so settle on a place called The Brick because it is pretty much across the street from the museum. Had a shrimp po boy, the food we had was good, just the menu was a little pedestrian, but had some more Hop Art so that made up for it. Hit the children's museum for a little bit, kids enjoy. Commence to walking around Charleston doing the normal stuff. The market, get kids ice cream, drop in for a beer at Craftsmen Beer and Taphouse. Don't think they expected a family of 5 dressed in jeans and tshirts to drop in on them. They are awfully proud of their beer. Two hopslams and $20 later get the F out of that place. Head to Andolinis on Sam Rittenberg to meet wife's bro, sis-in-law and baby for pizza and a couple beers. Hit Total Wine to load up on the way out of town back to Aiken.

Sun - Sleep for as long as the kids will let me. Son decides to go fishing all day with a couple buddies, so wife and I take daughter and baby to play disc golf and hit the park for a bit and enjoy the nice weather. Tired as hayull last night, fall asleep early on the couch.

TL,DR - Fun in Charleston, spent a shitlode of money, bought a lot of beer. 8.4 out of 10, with half point deduction for asspensive Hopslams.

10/10.....We beat the C*cks......'Nuff Said

Mar 5, 2018, 9:56 AM

But......if I was to say something, the weekend kinda sucked:
- 70kt winds all weekend
- Lost one (maybe two) 25 year old 40' tall trees. Made for great privacy. Bummed. They were beautiful trees.
- Lost 75% of the shutters on the house
- Total damage to the landscaping will not be known until we get a tree specialist out there.
- On a brighter note, I was so pissed I went out and bought myself a new Titleist driver.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2/10

Mar 5, 2018, 10:17 AM

Friday: Surveyed in Fayetteville for 14 hours. Tequila was the only way to drown out that sorrow. Paired it with Moes to really step up the UDP/Fat ratio.

Saturday: Worked 8-12. Picked up Chickfila for Red and I for lunch. Did yard work until it was dark. Picked up Five Guys for dinner.

Sunday: Worked 9-1. Worked in the yard until around 3:00 when we had to go pick up office furniture. After four weekends, we finally finished pulling ivy in the yard. Another weekend and we might have all the stumps and randomly planted flowers removed in order to aerate and seed. Went and picked up our office furniture and brought it back. Set up the office in our third bedroom the rest of the evening.

Cooked some world class deep dish pizza in the cast iron. Pepperoni and Mushroom. Will add more toppings next time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

recipe?***

Mar 5, 2018, 10:18 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either get frozen dough or ready to go dough from store

Mar 5, 2018, 10:31 AM

Lay some flour out on a flat surface. Roll the dough into a circle. place into cast iron. Lay down a light layer of marinara, then about 1.5 cups of cheese. Follow that up with toppings of your choice. Half a cup of cheese on top. Cook on 500 for 17 minutes. Let sit for 5.

https://dadwithapan.com/recipe/crispy-skillet-pizza/

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That pizza looks freaking delicious, so

Mar 5, 2018, 10:24 AM [ in reply to 2/10 ]

yeah, I'm with greenr. Recipe?

Also, I do not see the noods of Red anywhere in that office. What gives?

Re: That pizza looks freaking delicious, so

Mar 5, 2018, 10:25 AM

I haven't given them to him yet. They're at the frame shop at the moment.

You sound like a man who needs a subcompact tractor

Mar 5, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to 2/10 ]

I don't think I could be without one unless I had under 1/2 acre ever again. Seriously, wish I would have gotten one when I first bought my house, would have saved sooooo much time and money.

Can it dig? I also did a little excavation this past weekend***

Mar 5, 2018, 10:37 AM

It's no dozer, but I've been pulling roots and small stumps

Mar 5, 2018, 10:42 AM

up with the front end loader. I've been surprised at what it can do, cleared ~ 1/4 acre that was pretty grown up with underbrush and back drug it with the FEL to smooth it out to plant grass. Going to order a tooth bar this week that should help a lot with digging. You can get them with a backhoe but you start talking about some $$$ then.

Per some of the reviews people are using this to dig.

http://bxpanded.com/piranha-toothbar

brb, ordering tractor***

Mar 5, 2018, 10:48 AM

Solid 9/10

Mar 5, 2018, 10:26 AM

Hit the grindstone, and got all my startup stuff ready to go.

Built two more active customer environments.

Prepped 10 environments for customers
Prepped all the demo environments.

Re-did the website.

We're launching soon, and I"m pumped.

Weekend was fine, this morning I had to be a parent

Mar 5, 2018, 10:36 AM

Friday - parentsof- came into town, went to the church's Fish Fry for dinner. #### good food.

Saturday - fixed part of the fence for the yard, pulled stumps, rewired an electrical outlet (twice). Church that evening then dinner out at the local Mexican place.

Sunday - Slept in a little. Went to the grocery store while parentsof- entertained the kids. Took nap then took sonof- to his first flag football session of the season. Dinner at home followed by ice cream cake for an early celebration of my mom's birthday. At bedtime had a talk with daughterof- that she wanted to quit the school band with one concert left. We have one rule in the house for activities like this - if you start, you finish. She's asking to break the one rule.

Monday - Got to have the hard discussion with her and the music teacher. It's only 6 more weeks, stick it out, I know you don't like it and don't want to do it next year. Don't be mad at the music teacher, don't let your friends down. If you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at me because I'm asking you to finish this. *sigh*

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic