Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Catholics On Crack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Catholics On Crack

Oct 31, 2019, 1:24 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/notre-dame-ad-has-a-vision-of-two-college-athletic-associations/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So ND vs Stanford for championship every year sometimes BC

Oct 31, 2019, 2:00 PM

exciting

SMU,TCU, CAL, UVA may also jump in sometimes***

Oct 31, 2019, 2:02 PM

Re: Catholics On Crack

Oct 31, 2019, 2:02 PM

NCAA vs NIAA

Already is split

Oct 31, 2019, 2:03 PM

*NAIA

I'll give him credit for trying to find a solution...

Oct 31, 2019, 2:17 PM

thats more than alot of folks, but come on. The P5 schools would lose so much money from their athletic budgets by doing that. They'd be on the outs when it comes to TV deals and quality players would quit going to those schools. Some of those 'FCAA" schools that are name brands would become nothing more than a 1-AA or decent mid-major at best.

Its doubtful Notre Dame could sustain a TV contract with a major network long term unless they schedule alot of the name brands they currently play. However, they'd get hammered on the scoreboard as they wouldn't be getting top talent anymore.

After 5 years they'd be better served scheduling Holy Cross than Michigan.

LOL..isn't the ND AD the genius that once said............

Oct 31, 2019, 7:29 PM

"I came off the field against Alabama thinking, ‘We’ve got a lot of work to do here.’ I didn’t feel that way at all in this game. Clemson is an exceptional team. They are very good. And they played that way. But I didn’t see a significant talent differential. I didn’t see a program differential in terms of strength and conditioning, or preparedness. I thought we had units on the field that were the better of the two in some positions, some areas."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 7:46 PM

I don't see UVA going that route.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 31, 2019, 8:18 PM

Looks like to me he's conceded that ND cannot compete with the Big Boys so they'll pick their own association where they have the most resources and weak competition.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This article is 4 years old***

Oct 31, 2019, 8:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His idea makes sense.

Oct 31, 2019, 9:42 PM

But, it won't work. You can't have half the schools being the minor league for the NBA and NFL and the other half being schools who value a college education.

We have that now. It's called Power Five and Service Academies.

As long as the NCAA is eagerly and willingly serving as the minor leagues, there is no solution other than to allow the kids to sign contracts with agents and become pros.

But, it will end up being very profitable for the top 25 or so teams in the NCAA. They will be the ones who get all the guys who will be signing contracts with agents, and the others will be left behind.

I can see the day where the top 50 or so teams will break away and form their own group and the rest of the schools essentially becoming what the FCS is now. Why should Alabama and Florida share all that money with Vandy and MS ST? Why should Clemson and FSU share all that money with Wake and Cuse?

If the goal is to make as much money as possible, just like all the other pro leagues, then having 130 teams sharing revenue is not a good model. There is a reason there are only 32 teams in the NFL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe not his exact idea, but I think there is some merit to

Oct 31, 2019, 10:44 PM

what he's proposing. I would rather watch college kids play football than a bunch of semi-pros. I know I'm in the minority, but hey that's ok.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic